Team-BHP - FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/179085-fastag-all-you-need-know-about-procuring-using-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 4080736)
Since you are starting from Bangalore, better you get it from BETL office near Electronic city. There are other members who got it activated within few minutes from there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadadhar (Post 4080775)
Thanks Suhas. EC option sounds great and is very convenient for me. But ICICI customer care informed it may not be functional these days (but they sounded unsure).

Last week one of my friend went to this EC office and he was asked to contact ICICI bank. So, not sure if they still issue Fastag at EC office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 4080815)
You can try number listed here. Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4080834)
Last week one of my friend went to this EC office and he was asked to contact ICICI bank. So, not sure if they still issue Fastag at EC office.

Thanks, I will try to call the no mentioned by Suhas. It might be they have stopped this service here in ECity

Heard from my friend that during pooja holiday travel, all the lanes were chocked. Even though the FASTag lanes were left free, approaching them was a trouble. I really hope this isn't the case for Diwali travel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenmz (Post 4081355)
Heard from my friend that during pooja holiday travel, all the lanes were chocked. Even though the FASTag lanes were left free, approaching them was a trouble. I really hope this isn't the case for Diwali travel.

Situation will be same sir! You will have to plan your drive accordingly to skip the traffic. At times, due to heavy traffic, Fastag lane will be opened for all cars as well, especially Krishnagiri and Thoppur(Towards Salem).

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4081405)
Situation will be same sir! You will have to plan your drive accordingly to skip the traffic. At times, due to heavy traffic, Fastag lane will be opened for all cars as well, especially Krishnagiri and Thoppur(Towards Salem).

Well said arun! By history, FASTag lanes will be converted as mixed lanes due to heavy rush in holiday season/long weekends and defeats the purpose of dedicated lane. The worst part is, its risky to enter FASTag lane (if your car has FASTag) when there are cars in front of you because the sensor will detect and amount will be deducted, but you cannot zoom through to cross the barrier but somebody else will benefit.
The best thing to do is, if you see FASTag lane is crowded in such long weekend time, better to take some other fast moving lane and pay by cash. Not ideal, :Frustrati:Frustrati but atleast you save some money (which gets deducted automatically) instead of someone passing through at your cost.

-Ravi

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravib (Post 4081435)
The best thing to do is, if you see FASTag lane is crowded in such long weekend time, better to take some other fast moving lane and pay by cash. Not ideal, :Frustrati:Frustrati but atleast you save some money (which gets deducted automatically) instead of someone passing through at your cost.
-Ravi

I think it is still better to take the Fastag lane and ask them to scan the RFID manually. This is what I did during the pooja holidays at the thoppur toll.

My worry is, what if the scanner detects your tag even though you are in the nearby lane. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4081716)
I think it is still better to take the Fastag lane and ask them to scan the RFID manually. This is what I did during the pooja holidays at the thoppur toll.

My worry is, what if the scanner detects your tag even though you are in the nearby lane. :D

yea, but what you suggested works only for tolls with manual scanning. The automatic detection toll will still be a problem as i mentioned :)

-Ravi

But I understand that they deactivate the automatic detection AND the automated boom barrier during such peak times? If NOT, how do the non-FASTag vehicles pass through the boom barrier?

But dicey I admit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4081900)
But I understand that they deactivate the automatic detection AND the automated boom barrier during such peak times? If NOT, how do the non-FASTag vehicles pass through the boom barrier?

But dicey I admit.

The operator opens the barrier gate after paying cash or after manually scanning RFID using the hand held scanner. However, i don't think they will deactivate the automatic detection.

-Ravi

Gents, how is the operational situation of FasTag in Bangalore-Chennai highway (via Krishnagiri & Ambur)? How many tolls on that route, and how many of them have working FasTag setup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinpk (Post 4081967)
Gents, how is the operational situation of FasTag in Bangalore-Chennai highway (via Krishnagiri & Ambur)? How many tolls on that route, and how many of them have working FasTag setup?

Hi Sachin,

I did a Chennai trip this weekend and all the tolls accept Fastag on this route. Ad trust me it is really helpful especially in Attibele and Krishnagiri Toll. Below are the details on the same,

1. BETL - 45 Rs
2. Attibele Toll - 25 Rs
3. Krishnagiri Toll - 60 Rs
4. Vaniyambadi Toll - 75 Rs
5. Pallikonda Toll - 75 Rs
6. Chennasamudram Toll - 45 Rs
7. Sriperumbudur Toll - 45 Rs

Total it comes upto 370 Rs from Bangalore to Chennai for toll on this route.

Hope this helps:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravib (Post 4081909)
The operator opens the barrier gate after paying cash or after manually scanning RFID using the hand held scanner. However, i don't think they will deactivate the automatic detection.

-Ravi

I can understand the barrier located right next to the toll booth. But I am talking about the standalone one at the entrance to the FASTag lane. See 40 seconds into my video:

https://youtu.be/o_WWUSunRB8

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4082002)
I can understand the barrier located right next to the toll booth. But I am talking about the standalone one at the entrance to the FASTag lane. See 40 seconds into my video:

https://youtu.be/o_WWUSunRB8

Oh ok. you meant this one. I think this type of setup (barrier at entrance) is not present in majority of toll boths at least to my limited knowledge :). It will be close to toll booth operator.

-Ravi

As mentioned by Ravi, those kind of barrier is not working at many booths. I guess it was part of the standard design mandated by NHAI. If you check the layout plan in first page, this barrier and reader is for authentication purpose. If the tag is not read properly, one can take the exit from ETC lane to the manual lane.

However, at all booths I have seen that the first set of barriers are either removed or not working. I guess KIA entry is one of the rare case where it exisits.

In this case, as mentioned all vehicles can enter the ETC lane unless there is a security guard blocking the lane and allowing only Fastag vehicles to pass through.

During Aug 15 long weekend when I did Bangalore - Chennai route, there were couple of toll booths where all vehicles were allowed. To avoid my tag getting read before I reach the barrier and that inturn allowing non Fastaged vehicles to pass through, security stopped me near the start of Fastag lane. Only once all the vehicles in front of me cross the toll operator I was let through.

Got the TAG from BETL office in ECity. There is ICICI person available from 10 am till 6 pm. Lunch break is from 2 pm to 3 pm.

Walk in with all docs, it should not take more than 15 mts to get the TAG in hand. He was short of Tags yesterday since there is lot of demand before Diwali holidays, but was well stocked today.

I am unable to recollect his name, his Mob no is 7032067883, hope that helps