Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2018, 13:38   #2491
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You will need to buy another FASTag!

Irrespective of the route taken, it is sure that you will anyway have to de-activate the first tag associated with the old registration number.
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, Parag. This is extremely useful.

However, it looks like an awful lot of work. It took Paytm 3 weeks to send the FASTag last time. They should have a thought of this scenario and made a way to change the registration number linked to the tag.
Paradiddle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 21:00   #2492
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Any idea how to activate the HDFC Fast tag.
The dealer had put it in my new car and I am not able to register it online.
Keeps saying "no record".

Any suggestions?
Old 15th April 2018, 21:24   #2493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Hi Guys,
Any idea how to activate the HDFC Fast tag.
The dealer had put it in my new car and I am not able to register it online.
Keeps saying "no record".

Any suggestions?
You need to call up your sales rep and ask all details pertaining to the tag they allocated for your vehicle. Things can move only from here.

Once you have all this and still there are issues, you need to call up their customer care or if they are useless, ask the dealer to help you. Since they buy tags in bulks, usually they will have a SPOC to talk to who represents the bank.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th April 2018 at 22:40. Reason: Typo
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 12:20   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You need to call up your sales rep and ask all details pertaining to the tag they allocated for your vehicle. Things can move only from here.

Once you have all this and still there are issues, you need to call up their customer care or if they are useless, ask the dealer to help you. Since they buy tags in bulks, usually they will have a SPOC to talk to who represents the bank.
Thanks, got it sorted out.
The dealer had given the VIN number as my car registration number. Will that affect in any way?

I was able to register, login and recharge my tag.
F2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 13:15   #2495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
The dealer had given the VIN number as my car registration number. Will that affect in any way?
So there is no mention of your vehicle number in your tag record at all?
VIN would have been given may be because the vehicle was not-registered at the time of buying the tag but soon after the vehicle is registered, It makes sense to update your record with the Registration details because at most of the toll booths the IC Cameras will also check your vehicle number.

I am sure there should be a way to update your Tag record with the vehicle number. You can try calling customer care and do this. Not sure how the portal is for HDFC as I am aware of only ICICI and Equitas.
Old 17th April 2018, 10:19   #2496

Below is probably a word-vomit and not an organized flow of thought, so kindly excuse me, but I am simply disgusted with the way Fastag has been implemented.

Got my new vehicle delivered on Saturday and since then have been trying to get my way through to check balance and recharge the Fastag which came with the vehicle (now that it is mandatory with all new purchases). Finally, after a lot of fighting with the system, today I was able to successfully do my first recharge. Mine is from ICICI bank.

First I had to find my way around registering myself on the ICICI Fastag portal. Apparently, my Fastag is already registered with my vehicle's VIN number and I only had to register myself and link myself to this Fastag account. Once done, I top up the account with Rs.1000. But, guess what - after recharging, the account did not reflect this amount, it was still showing as low balance. After some clicking around the portal (UI is simply disgusting by the way) I realized that the amount is added to CUG account by default (Wonderful!!). Then I had to figure out how to transfer the amount from CUG to the Tag account. Only after that did it show the current balance on my tag account.

The UI is so dumb and crappy, both the online and mobile version, that I kept wanting to give up. Are all the other bank UIs also this crappy and difficult?

The entire process should have been simpler isn't it? I was using BETL's RFID before in my other car, and the recharge process used to be so simple. Either go to the counter and pay cash or do an online recharge using PayTM. I could handle this even from my mobile, just before crossing the toll booth. Apparently, if I have to use PayTM now for Fastag, I should buy the Fastag from PayTM first and only then will I be able to recharge using their mobile app. Sounds very stupid to me, we should be allowed to link existing Fastag account to PayTM, irrespective of where we purchased it (other Banks or PayTM). The current implementation is pretty stupid and seems to have been setup in a hurry without much foresight. Or am I just missing something here??
Old 17th April 2018, 11:16   #2497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie81 View Post
After some clicking around the portal (UI is simply disgusting by the way) I realized that the amount is added to CUG account by default (Wonderful!!). Then I had to figure out how to transfer the amount from CUG to the Tag account. Only after that did it show the current balance on my tag account.
This is normal. As one cannot have multiple accounts for more than one tag (Read Private Bus and Truck operators) the CUG works best. I guess it is matter of time before you get used to this.

Quote:
The UI is so dumb and crappy, both the online and mobile version, that I kept wanting to give up. Are all the other bank UIs also this crappy and difficult?
In fact, I had once recharged from my mobile 10 minutes before I departed for a 2000 Kms road trip and since I knew how to recharge (due to prior experiences of recharging), this too was a cake walk.

It may be not as easy as PayTM but once you get the hand of it, its unlike any other transaction that you carry out using your Mobile app.

Quote:
we should be allowed to link existing Fastag account to PayTM, irrespective of where we purchased it (other Banks or PayTM). The current implementation is pretty stupid and seems to have been setup in a hurry without much foresight. Or am I just missing something here??
ICICI was the first one to start offering FASTag when the system was rolled out and others were inducted only after a year or later. Secondly, I would prefer this to be a service offered my multiple players only because we as consumers have a choice to move between these financial institutions depending our experiences.

It will be a cumbersome process to link the same tag between different banks because of the agreement/arrangement that the NHAI, NCPI has with banks in terms of payments for the toll processed.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 17:51   #2498
BHPian

Applied for my FASTag through ICICI. Account is now active and able to login to my FASTag account.

Should receive it in 8 business days as per site.
Old 18th April 2018, 10:44   #2499
BHPian

I have recently sold my vehicle and called up ICICI customer care to know the procedure for cancellation of tag and refund. The guy on the call told me to raise a request through portal and share bank account details (A/c number, IFSC Code & Branch) along with copy of cancelled check. I did the same however my request didn't get processed successfully. I got an update from them on portal that I would need to raise a new request and attach following documents:

1. PAN Card copy
2. Cancelled Check copy
3. Cancellation request letter

I then raised a new request, attached all documents and got an update (no email, no SMS but only portal update) the very next day saying my Tag will be deactivated within 7-8 working days and money will be refunded in 21 working days. But as usual on ICICI front, no action or update provided for next 10 days so I called up customer care today to check the status. The lady over the call asked a stupid question like "Sir, have you attached documents to the request?". This was even after she was able to check my request in system which obviously had all documents attached. After I said "Yes", she informed that we have forwarded your request to concerned department but they haven't yet deactivated the tag. She then said we will follow up and your tag should be deactivated in another 2-3 days. Let's see how it goes from here but anyone looking to cancel their FasTag can use the above procedure to begin the process.

My overall experience with ICICI (not FastTag service at tolls) customer services in last 1.5 years has been average only as their response time is slow. Things do get done (like refund for disputed transactions) but one needs to keep a track of requests on portal. As they do have our mobile number and email address, don't know what's stopping them from sending updates to users.

On my new vehicle, i.e Duster AWD , I have got PayTM FasTag attached and must say that user experience so far has been much better due to the fact that PayTM has mobile app which works as expected. Recharge is easy as compared to clumsy ICICI service portal. Haven't used any other service till now (such as disputed transactions claim etc) so can't comment on it for now.

Coming to the feedback on toll services, the experience has been mixed bag. The worst service (at multiple occasions) is at 3 of the NH1 tolls (Karnal, Panipat and Murthal). These tolls always allow other non FasTag vehicles to use the lane and that defeats the whole purpose of FasTag. A major failure for government IMO. I have atleast complained twice through pgportal.gov.in but to of no use. Everytime they come back with similar reply that more lanes are being added. The only good part of being stuck in these jams sometimes is that I didn't have to pay toll as I had an argument with booth operator on allowing other vehicles. Given the overall experience, I would still not give up on FasTag as it has worked fine on many tolls except for the above 3.
Old 18th April 2018, 11:36   #2500
BHPian

Applied Fastag through Equitas. Got the delivery 3 days flat. Does Fastag scanning gives problem if we put front windshield sunfilm.
Old 18th April 2018, 11:36   #2501
BHPian

AXIS Bank FASTAG KYC Process

If you are an existing Axis customer, just mail your customer ID to etc.management@axisbank.com along with your tag details (wallet ID, a photo of fastag) and rest is taken care.

If you are not an existing customer, visit a nearby branch. Expect Bank officials to know nothing about fastag or KYC process related to these tags. Call customer care at 1800-4198-585 and seek help from their on call support executive to help the branch officer (they usually give inputs in terms of process, tools to be used with some bank-specific keywords). After enlightening the branch official, handover copy of aadhaar , pan, photograph, print out of road user profile page(this page has details related to tag, wallet, and vehicle), a picture of the tag (use apps like Office Lens to convert to PDF and take print). Bank official should be able to initiate the process. Stay calm for a week's period and write a mail to etc.management@axisbank.com seeking status by providing branch details(make sure you gather branch code/IFSC code and basic demographic info) where you initiated KYC process. Fastag team will revert back to you on status or contact branch as required. If you do not hear from Fastag team for a couple of days raise a service request under KYC updation category seeking status and they usually respond within a day with details.
Old 18th April 2018, 12:04   #2502
BANNED

I bought 3 of them through PayTM, it was a much hassle free process as all I needed to provide was one Id proof and and the copy of RC, that too uploaded on the link they provided. Within a week, the tags were in my hand and the money is deducted from PayTM wallet.

Only drawback: Now I have to pay toll at many places where I never paid in the past.
Old 18th April 2018, 13:11   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie81 View Post
Below is probably a word-vomit and not an organized flow of thought, so kindly excuse me, but I am simply disgusted with the way Fastag has been implemented.

G
I too had similar problem in the earlier days(I use fastag since 3 years). All you have to do is while recharging through the portal there is an option to recharge CUG or Tag. Select Tag in this option. Attached screenshot for reference. Usually the time taken for a proper recharge in ICICI fastag account is 2 minutes(i keep login open in my browser)
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screencapturefastagloginicicibankcustloginpagesmakepaymentmakepaymentaspx2018041813_04_09.png  

Old 18th April 2018, 15:33   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I too had similar problem in the earlier days(I use fastag since 3 years).
To avoid this issue of re-charging manually, I patiently waited for the fastag through Paytm. Although the 1st order on Paytm got auto cancelled, on the 2nd attempt I kept every one in fastag department of Paytm on their toe's and received the same in 8 days from date of order.

The best part of using fastag through Paytm is the auto re-charge or minimum balance of 150 maintained by Paytm for the fastag.

The above is very convenient for people who use Paytm on regular basis. All you have to do is maintain a balance in the Paytm wallet and don't have to re-charge separately for the fastag
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 15:35   #2505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Does Fastag scanning gives problem if we put front windshield sunfilm.
Ideally you should not be facing any problem.

Many here including me are using the Tag with a layer of transparent tape on the chip side facing the windscreen and have faced no issues.

But I do recollect someone posting an experience here that the tag wasn't working or getting scanned due to the thicker glass in his car (Which IIRC was a Bimmer or something of that class).

Most Viewed