Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2018, 19:40   #2746
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
The Hyederabad bound FastTag lane accepts both cash and the card. The cashier by default stick his hand out ask for Cash. I have seen this twice in broad daylight. The whole purpose is defeated. BTW Bangalore bound traffic on the same toll gets a barricaded stoppage before entering into the FastTag lane.
Total lack of ethics , it is not that the people who are entering the FT lane are not aware of fast tag. Just that they do not care.
Unless they start fining people who enter a FT lane without a Tag this will continue.
Old 10th July 2018, 13:49   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For vehicles heading in the Hyderabad direction, should they always stick to the right most lane at the airport toll plaza ? In other words, of the multiple lanes there, just one lane is for vehicles heading towards Hyderabad ?
On our way to Puttaparthi last month I made the mistake of entering airport line and not the Hyderabad one. Paid toll fee by cash fearing a double charge on Fastag - both here and next plaza under the airport bound bridge.

I think under the bridge plaza should cease operations with the inauguration of airport plaza. The toll charge is the same anyway, whether you are heading to airport or Hyderabad so why not have a single plaza? The current setup of having only a single line for Hyderabad bound travelers is creating a lot of confusion. Thankfully even if you enter the airport toll booths you can merge into the Hyderabad highway, unlike in the opposite direction.

Last edited by strawhat : 10th July 2018 at 14:00.
Old 13th July 2018, 00:00   #2748
BHPian

I am using Paytm FasTag, but Unfortunately need to replace it due to windshield crack. Raised support ticket with Paytm on 16th June. Still not received the replacement even after 1 month despite multiple remainders. Very poor support from Paytm for FasTag replacement.
Old 15th July 2018, 17:41   #2749
BHPian

Anyone facing Paytm fastag registration problem with Paytm? I have purchased fastag from Paytm and received a link in SMS to register. The registration page is always showing 'Registration failed' after submitting with all required details. I don't know what I am doing wrong here ?
Old 16th July 2018, 10:37   #2750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Anyone facing Paytm fastag registration problem with Paytm? I have purchased fastag from Paytm and received a link in SMS to register. The registration page is always showing 'Registration failed' after submitting with all required details. I don't know what I am doing wrong here ?
I tried for to get one for my mother and the same thing happened. I spoke to the helpdesk who suggested I email the documents and it will be completed in 48 hours.

Nothing happened. They sent a feedback form - I gave them my extremely strong opinion.

No response

They proceeded to refund the initial deposit.

To cut to the chase, I realised HDFC retailed FastTags behind my house. The person was out but the security guard got him on the phone. He asked me to leave the documents with the security. Later that evening, he processsed everything and asked me to collect the tag along and pay Rs 500 to the guard!

And PayTM want to run a bank without knowing ABC of customer service!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 12:40   #2751
Distinguished - BHPian

One disadvantage of Fastag or such e-payment process is, you will hardly realize when there is a hike in the toll charges. After my recent Chennai drive, I realized that most of the toll charges are hiked by 5-10 rupees during the last few months.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 13:07   #2752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
One disadvantage of Fastag or such e-payment process is, you will hardly realize when there is a hike in the toll charges.
Do you otherwise remember the rates at all the toll booths? I don't. I know many of them apply for rate hike yearly and get it done along with FY start. :-)
Old 16th July 2018, 14:00   #2753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Do you otherwise remember the rates at all the toll booths? I don't. I know many of them apply for rate hike yearly and get it done along with FY start. :-)
At least for the Chennai/Kanyakumari routes, I roughly remember all the toll charges . However after Fastag, the concentration is more on entering the Fastag lane than checking the toll rates.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 14:41   #2754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One disadvantage of Fastag or such e-payment process is, you will hardly realize when there is a hike in the toll charges. After my recent Chennai drive, I realized that most of the toll charges are hiked by 5-10 rupees during the last few months.
Good to know that I'm not the only one here feeling that way. I used to remember the toll amounts at all toll booths on regular routes and any change in the rates would be noticed instantly. During the initial days of using FASTag, I had the habbit of checking the amounts deducted, from the SMS alert - it did help a few times when the system at Vaikuntham deducted the wrong amount and I could lodge a complaint immediately. Once things settled down, I rarely check the balance before I reach my destination.

Like everything that involves plastic money, there's no pinch of spending (losing) money until the statement is generated and/or it's time to make a payment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...many of them apply for rate hike yearly and get it done along with FY start. :-)
For a change, certain toll booths reduced the toll rates on one instance - I think it was the Omallur toll booth and in 2015 So, I'd call it a revision though it's a hike in most cases

Last edited by silversteed : 16th July 2018 at 14:44.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 16:27   #2755
M35
BHPian

Just came back from Bangalore this morning. Drove to Bangalore on the Friday night. Thanks to less traffic, on both the occasions the FASTag took more time to pass/clear than the rest. While coming back, at Krishnagiri IIRC, they were letting people use the FASTag lane by accepting cash. The bad equipment/ weak scanner didn’t help either
Old 22nd July 2018, 18:55   #2756
BHPian

Ordered second FASTag from Equitas last Monday last in the evening, documents were verified, tag allocated and shipped on Tuesday. Tag was delivered on Wednesday, I had my Tag with me within 48 hours of request.
Cheers!
Old 22nd July 2018, 19:08   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
What difference does having Fastag make? You have to pay the new toll rate anyway. It is better to jave it deducted automatically than fumbling for change. I doubt anyone stops using a particular road if the toll is increased a bit.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 13:40   #2758
BHPian

Has anybody pasted RFID tags for boom barrier operations along with existing Fastag ?
My new employer has given me kit kat bar like RFID tag to stick on my car to entry into company car parking area. Wonder if that will interfere in tag operation.
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:25   #2759
Distinguished - BHPian

In my recent trips on the Bangalore Chennai highway, more often than not, the Fastag lane is occupied by large lorries and trucks. They seem to take a long time to clear the toll. Not sure if it is because of issues with the placement/reading of the tag. During my last trip couple of days back, at every single toll, I went into the adjacent Hybrid lane since I felt it would be faster. Mostly was the case too.

Good that tolls on this stretch have at least 1 or 2 hybrid lanes now. During non peak hours,/days looks like it is better to use these lanes.

I think soon it would make sense to have a dedicated fastag lane for heavy vehicles.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 09:22   #2760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
What difference does having Fastag make?
I was just saying that after Fastag/Auto deduction, I have lost track of the toll hikes/rates. This was not the case before. Yes, at the end of the day we have to pay whatever the amount is but in one mode you know what you are paying upfront and in the other mode it silently gets deducted,unless you are reading the toll rates signage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks