Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2018, 13:18   #2851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
ICICI is the best by far when it comes to Fasttag. Everything really lives up to the name-from ordering, recharging, replacing with a new one...everything is fast! Go with the ICICI fasttag with your eyes closed
I second that. Placed the order on Fri 3rd Aug and received the tag on Tues 7th. This is with an intervening weekend. I am quite impressed with the turnaround time. Called up the helpline for my a/c # which was provided within minutes after the mandatory verification check.

What's even better? Digilocker DL and RC PDFs are accepted during the application process. Recharge done using my ICICI card. It was a seamless experience for me from from start to finish.

If Paytm or Axis are giving you grief just go in for ICICI, these guys deliver & quickly.

Last edited by R2D2 : 14th August 2018 at 13:20.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:30   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
This is extremely frustrating and exactly the kind of issues I had to face with Axis bank Fastag

I have seen messages posted saying they have applied for PayTM tag but its not delivered even a few weeks after the original ETA. This is one of the reasons why I didn't bother going for PayTM. Try ICICI or HDFC instead.

I have destroyed the Axis tag. I am yet to call them for a refund of security deposit.
I thought PayTM was the most convenient since I use the wallet a lot. However it seems as painful pre-sales as Axis as been post-sale. I think I will get one from HDFC since I have a relationship there.

Btw, I called up AXIS customer care @ 1800 419 8585

They asked to send the Wallet ID / Customer ID and a cancelled cheque scan copy to etc.management@axisbank.com. Within 15 mins you will get response and some instructions to follow. Once you do that the tag will cancel in 3 days and the amount will refund in 10 days.

I'm going to try that today.
herculesksp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 20:59   #2853
LLL
BHPian

I have PayTM fastag and been using it for 2 months now. As per Paytm, 5% cashback for toll payments will be credited at end of the month. I have not got back any CB for either of the months...does anyone get CB from Paytm. Tolls were paid on NH44 between Delhi and Ambala.
Old 14th August 2018, 22:24   #2854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
...does anyone get CB from Paytm. Tolls were paid on NH44 between Delhi and Ambala.
I have been using PayTM FasTag since December last. And I've got cash back even for ₹60/- spent on tolls. Although the cash back comes late at times.
Old 16th August 2018, 01:17   #2855
BHPian

I have applied my Paytm fastag replacement request 2 months back and still waiting for replaced fastag. Everytime when I call paytm customer care, they logged new ticket, but no resolution despite multiple emails.

Very pathetic support from PayTM. Anyone knows the escalation mechanism in Paytm support?
Old 16th August 2018, 08:51   #2856
BHPian

Used the Icici FASTag for the first time yesterday at Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

Had applied online on last Thursday,9th August. Attempt for delivery was made on Sunday 12th August but since no one was there at home received it on Monday. So delivery was in 3 days, which is great as opposed to the 15 days people have posted here earlier.

Made a recharge of ₹1000/- in the CUG account by mistake then transferred it to the tag account.

Got messages of money being deducted almost instantly.

However with the no. of users on the rise and mix lanes the only advantage it offers is cashless transaction. I really didn't save any time on the booth.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 09:33   #2857
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of turn around time, in my last 2 cars I got the Fastag in 10 mins flat, recharged and activated for immediate use. There is a contact in Kolkata for HDFC Fastags. You just need to visit his office along with the car and transfer the amount to the Fastag account, fill a form along with the documents and thats it. They will activate, come down to your car and fix it. Very very convenient. If anyone needs the contact details do PM me.
Old 16th August 2018, 09:49   #2858
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
There is a contact in Kolkata for HDFC Fastags. You just need to visit his office along with the car and transfer the amount to the Fastag account, fill a form along with the documents and thats it. They will activate, come down to your car and fix it. Very very convenient. If anyone needs the contact details do PM me.
It would help the forum members and the larger community if you could share the details here, rather than on PM
Old 16th August 2018, 10:24   #2859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It would help the forum members and the larger community if you could share the details here, rather than on PM
I know However he has requested not to publish his number publicly, since he seems to be a senior person in the organization. I have asked him though to provide me with the number of an associate whose contact details can be published. Till that time PM is the way forward
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 13:11   #2860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thanks Aditya!! The online process is for Axis bank customers. I dont have an account with them, so a branch visit is a must.

An update on my fastag experience with Axis. I have crossed the 30 days limit and now i am unable to recharge my fastag due to some website error!!

Ordered a new paytm fastag. Will arrive soon. Paytm is more convenient and I am using them for my dad's car.

People who have issues with ordering and delay in delivery of fastag, please contact paytm via twitter. They will look into it immediately. I escalated for my dad's fastag and the fastag was delivered in 2 business days flat!!
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 23:38   #2861
BHPian

Hi Guys, Has anybody tried to hook the Fastag on the parking sticker holder? I personally wouldn't prefer sticking it on windshield , hence exploring the option.
Old 17th August 2018, 00:10   #2862
BHPian

Looking for something like this :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliex...ampf=undefined
sary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 00:42   #2863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Hi Guys, Has anybody tried to hook the Fastag on the parking sticker holder? I personally wouldn't prefer sticking it on windshield , hence exploring the option.
Quote:
Looking for something like this
Why don't you just use some standard Sello/Scotch tape to stick the tag to the glass? The tag may need to be installed flat against the screen for the RFID to work properly.
Old 17th August 2018, 00:55   #2864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest to use cello tape and tape the entire tag on the RFID side and then stick to the windshield using the tape from other side. This way it can be removed anytime u wish to and it will work.

I have done the same on my Tiago and it works perfectly. Thanks to Parag for that idea. I believe there is a pictorial representation by Parag in previous posts, please search for it.

If you still do not like to stick any tape, go with the idea which sary gave.
Old 17th August 2018, 05:34   #2865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just curious - but why?

The tag is married to the car + registration number. It is illegal to use in a different vehicle.

So, why would you not want to stick it and risk losing it?

Most Viewed