Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2019, 12:33   #3376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Is it mandatory that one out of the 4 documents they mention should have the current residential address for KYC? I meant to say can someone get the KYC done with any of the 4 documents irrespective of the address the document carries? in My wife's case, none of the 4 documents they mention carries our current address.
I don't think so. As long as you submit any of these documents, it should be fine.
1. They scan our QR code.
2. Take a photo of our ID proof.
3. Then we receive an otp which they would enter in their app.
4. Take a photo of the person.
5. Pay 30 bucks to them.

Our account will then be updated (KYC complete) in a day.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 13:45   #3377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Is KYC a must for fastag validity? I have been using a Paytm fastag for more than a year now and it's been working like a charm. Last week, out of the blue, the Fastag balance went from Rs. 150 to 0. On raising a complain with Paytm, I was asked to complete my full KYC in order to restore Fastag services. Is that true for other Fastag providers as well?
This happened to me too. Out of the blue, I was informed unless I complete full KYC with their agents, loading of money won't be possible. But my balance remained the same for SBI FasTag and did not reduce to zero. But when the balance reached 95rs it stopped getting detected at tolls.

Other problems of FasTag are
1. Amount for double journey is getting deducted as two singles.
2. No exclusive FasTag lane provided for the congested tolls which I use(Paranur, Chengalpet toll and Athur, Tindivanam toll). While FasTag exclusive lanes are provided for not so congested tolls.

I came to the conclusion that it is not worth the hassle for my use and stopped using FasTag for now.

Last edited by Nimalan : 26th May 2019 at 13:47.
Old 27th May 2019, 15:24   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I have only one account and CUG option is still available for me. As you said it doesn't make any sense for people holding only one Tag.
Also, when the balance went in negative for you, they could have deducted from the CUG account, wonder why they didn't use this option.
Didn't see this post before my trip, else I could've saved some 30-45 min

Loaded my ICICI FasTag with Rs.1500/- in preparation of a return trip (BLR -- Thiruvanantapuram) during last week.

All went well in the beginning, crossed 3-4 toll-booths fine. All of a sudden, at some booth before Selam the display at booth flashed "blacklisted card" ! Got out of the car & checked with the assistant, she showed in her monitor the same status to my dismay. Paid cash and went ahead from that booth, luckily they didn't impose any fine/penalty!

Called customer-care immediately, they assured no problems you've got money in your "wallet", you only need to transfer that to the card ! They were very helpful in giving the exact menu/path to get the thing done.

Did that on the spot, and rest of the journey went smooth.

Only grouse being: why is the money getting loaded into a "wallet" first without getting onto the RF tag account itself !? If one has multiple tags/cars the wallet thing makes sense, else it should've just acted as a single source !

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 27th May 2019 at 15:28.
KrisTvpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 21:47   #3379
Distinguished - BHPian

FASTags can now be purchased online through Amazon.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/69565356.cms
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 23:16   #3380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
FASTags can now be purchased online through Amazon.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/69565356.cms
Good news at least in terms of ease of procurement.

What is surprising is that Amazon has reviews for SBI FASTag by buyers from as early as July 2018. It means FASTags were always available online either through sellers or Amazon.

One of the reviews even mentions about how to go about the activation post purchase:

Quote:
Looking for a way to get a fastag in 2 or 3 days? Look no further, buy it from the seller "Venkys Online". Since the listing is amazon fulfilled, you do have the option of choosing Two-Day Delivery. As soon as amazon delivers the package, contact Mr. VENKATESH and he will activate the fastag in 5-10 mins. You just have to mail/whatsapp him the photos of Vehicle RC, ID proof, photo of your vehicle with registration number clearly visible and the photo of the delivered fastag for assigning the same to your mobile number.Even if the vehicle is in someone else's name , say your wife/husband/father/mother, he will register under your name for KYC and vehicle owner name as your wife/husband/father/mother. After he creates your fastag account, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number. You will have to share the OTP with him for the activation (OTP message from SBI will clearly say that it's for fastag account activation). Fear not about sharing all these sensitive documents and info with VENKATESH. He is an authorized SBI agent for selling these fastag. The same can be verified by going to the official SBI FASTAG webpage and go to PoS/AgentLocations. Then search for "A VENKATESH" in there and you will be able to see his details there.
Read all reviews here.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 04:50   #3381
BHPian

Facing an issue with Equitas fast tag. They had asked for KYC documents which I had duly submitted in March, 2019.

Today, while starting a trip, I am not able to recharge wallet as it asks me to submit KYC documents. Strange predicament as I didn't receive any reminders saying my KYC is incomplete post submission of the documents.

Their fasttag issue resolution department starts working at 7 AM only. Have to go through the cash lanes until it's resolved.

Anyone faces similar issues with Equitas?
Old 31st May 2019, 13:38   #3382
BHPian

I travel a lot and really need 3-4 k limit on FASTag. I did a big mistake opting for Axis bank. I've windshield film so cannot remove the existing one for now. I've been fighting with Axis bank for getting my KYC completed. I'm still sending out email every week to the branch office but it is of no use. FASTag requires 9 digit customer id number and AXIS bank generates 12 digit one. Please do not opt for FASTag issued by "AXIS bank" .

Another option is to first get your KYC completed from bank and then stick it to your windshield

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by rahulskumar : 31st May 2019 at 13:41. Reason: revoing space between lines
Old 31st May 2019, 16:14   #3383
BHPian

I am using FasTag for over 2 years now and had bought it via Paytm.
I find the following advantages pretty appealing -
1. Activation, including KYC is a breeze
2. Sits well integrated with the paytm app
3. 2.5% cashback on tolls (credited after 3 months) sweetens the deal even further
4. Since it is linked to paytm, the money I add is from a credit card, hence points earned for toll usage
5. & probably the most important, don't have to worry about it being linked to my bank account which would contain much more funds as compared to paytm

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 31st May 2019 at 16:19. Reason: additional thoughts
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 12:59   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Does paytm fastag has a ownership transfer option when we sell our car? Or it has to be stripped off before handing over to the new owner? Anyone with some info? Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 18:15   #3385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Or it has to be stripped off before handing over to the new owner?
I remember someone planning to do the same earlier in this thread, not sure if it worked out or not.

However, why do you want to do the same? If you have any plan of new car to be purchased, you can transfer it to the new car. I guess that will be easier.
Old 2nd June 2019, 19:13   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I remember someone planning to do the same earlier in this thread, not sure if it worked out or not.

However, why do you want to do the same? If you have any plan of new car to be purchased, you can transfer it to the new car. I guess that will be easier.
Fastag can not be moved to another car as its vehicle specific. My question is the possibility of change of ownership. Tag will continue in the car but allotted to the new owner. I have sold my car. This area is not covered in the details nor anyone has much clue about it
Old 2nd June 2019, 19:41   #3387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does paytm fastag has a ownership transfer option when we sell our car? Or it has to be stripped off before handing over to the new owner? Anyone with some info? Thanks
I stripped it off before handing over the car to the new owner. Informed Paytm about it and got refund in 25-30 days.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 19:57   #3388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fastag can not be moved to another car as its vehicle specific. My question is the possibility of change of ownership. )
True, tag cannot be transferred. I was saying of easier option to tagging aa new Fastag taken against your new car and moving balance from existing tag to that.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 22:53   #3389
BHPian

All new cars are supposed come with fastag, my honda city didn't. Kept following up with dealer for 5 months but no result. Hence, I ordered one on ICICI website - https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-B...tag/index.page

I did get a message saying, my account is activated. I can login to the portal - https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CU...l=%2fCUSTLOGIN but still haven't gotten my fastag or nor any shippment tracking details.

Should I just wait or I need to follow up with ICICI Bank?
Old 3rd June 2019, 11:11   #3390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I travel a lot and really need 3-4 k limit on FASTag. I did a big mistake opting for Axis bank.
I too had got a rude surprise. Axis Bank FasTag was the one given to me by my vehicle dealer (M/s Surakhsaa Car Care). They did NOT tell me on the KYC part at all. I got the rude surprise 24 hours before my first solo long drive. I tried to refill my FasTag wallet and it was not accepting more money.

I called up the Customer Care (it was a Friday afternoon) and he said, since my KYC was not done there is a ceiling on the maximum refills (Rs. 1000/month). But he realised that I was really upset, so he just asked for my Vehicle Registration number. I gave it, and he said he would mark my KYC as done (in the systems).

Now it has been 4 months after this and things are going quite smoothly. Refilling is also quick and easy (I can do it from my salary account web portal itself).

PS: I also gave a yelling to the vehicle dealer for not telling their customers on how to use FasTag properly. Their whole attitude changes after the sale is done.
sachinpk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed