Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:01   #3391
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I gave it, and he said he would mark my KYC as done (in the systems).

You are really lucky. After seeing your comment, I tried to test my luck but did not work. They again raised a complaint against the Airoli branch. I'm thinking to provide the KYC documents once again to a Axis bank branch in Hyderabad and hope for the best.

Thanks
Rahul
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 14:14   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
<snip>
Should I just wait or I need to follow up with ICICI Bank?
Strictly based on my personal experience, I didn't have to do that. Maybe after a reasonable wait if you don't receive the tag, you might consider following up with them.

Ordered the tag from ICICI, and received it within 4-5 days.

The overall application process, recharging & further usage, grievance redressing(if any) etc. were quite good with ICICI, recommended.

(PS: I'm not an employee of icici, not trying to promote their sales!)
Old 4th June 2019, 17:44   #3393
Senior - BHPian

I am an ICICI FastTag user since its inception, but was not prepared for this surprise. I had driven to Kollur during last weekend and had passed through 3 toll gates on Tumkur road. I realized on the way back that balance is in the low 100's, but it was sufficient to cover the trip with around 200 as balance. I completed the trip with no hassles on Sunday, 2nd June.

I got a text message today (4th June), 11.15 am which reads - My account has been debited with INR 355.0 for dispute on Trip No xyz. In case of discrepancy, please share RC and vehicle image and raise a complaint". The trip number corresponds to Karjeevanhally Toll Plaza crossing done on 1st June on the way to Mookambika and I have paid INR 80 through FastTag.

While trying to raise a complaint, I found that
- My tag had been blacklisted due to the negative balance
- I cannot raise a complaint under dispute since there is some stupid system validation that prevents contesting for INR 355 when my balance is negative.

I contacted the customer care, and they readily agreed that there is a mistake at their end, but said it will take 15 days to resolve the issue since that is there an SLA and they didn't have an answer on what I’d have to do if I have to travel today. After a lot of persuasion, they tried connecting me to an escalation authority which failed the first time. I again convinced the executive that I want to talk to the escalation contact, and I was connected after a long wait. This person said they will try (only try) to take this with High Priority though SLA is 15 days. I was informed I could remove the blacklisting by recharging the card to have a positive balance. I am hesitant to do this until the issue is resolved and might move away from ICICI tag to Paytm after the issue is sorted.

First executives version was - the toll plaza has raised a dispute for non-payment for whatever reason though it was deducted from my account. But even then, charge for a car is on INR 80 (355 might be for a truck or is it with a penalty?)

Escalation person said it might be a system issue.

I would like to know if any has faced any similar issues with tags and how it was resolved.
Old 4th June 2019, 18:36   #3394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I would like to know if any has faced any similar issues with tags and how it was resolved.
Similar instance that happened with my cousin who was driving down to Bangalore from Pune 2 weeks before and if I recollect our conversation, it is most likely the same toll plaza that he was mentioning to me but I see that for him the disputed amount was 120/- and for you it is 355/-. So mostly the Plaza should be Tumkur.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag-dispute-sms.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-blacklist_wrong-vehicle-type-debit.jpg

He later got in touch with the customer care and the Tag was removed from Blacklist and the disputed amount credited back to his FASTag account.

The reason given then was something similar.

However, I am using FASTag from ICICI and have faced no such issues. In fact, the same day my cousin drove back from Pune to Bangalore, I was driving to Bangalore from Pune too, ahead by couple of hours and message like this never came to my Inbox.

It seems like case of the Toll booth wrongly reading the vehicle type, and subsequently upon not seeing enough balance during actual debit by NPCI, the tag getting blacklisted.

Last edited by paragsachania : 4th June 2019 at 18:39.
Old 5th June 2019, 05:23   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It seems like case of the Toll booth wrongly reading the vehicle type, and subsequently upon not seeing enough balance during actual debit by NPCI, the tag getting blacklisted.
To me it sounds like deliberate fraud. Most people would have missed the 120 for 85 charge and written it off to bad memory.

The way the RFID works is passively- the reader in the toll booth queries the RFID and all the heavy lifting is done by the software at the toll booth & the Nhai & ICICI servers. There is no way that the vehicle can be misread unless the operator overrides.

The more lenient interpretation could be that there is processing lag and that the previous vehicle was sensed but this vehicle was debited. But I cannot really think of a normal way for that to happen as everything starts with the RFID.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 11:47   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am hesitant to do this until the issue is resolved and might move away from ICICI tag to Paytm after the issue is sorted.

Do not do that. Once the tag has been blacklisted, you cannot use another Fastag with the same car.

Infact, you cannot use two Fastags for the same car.

You have to surrender the previous tag before you can use a new one.

Your best bet would be to recharge the existing tag and raise a dispute.

Last edited by KA18 : 5th June 2019 at 11:48. Reason: Additional info
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 15:02   #3397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Similar instance that happened with my cousin who was driving down to Bangalore from Pune 2 weeks before and if I recollect our conversation, it is most likely the same toll plaza that he was mentioning to me but I see that for him the disputed amount was 120/- and for you it is 355/-. So mostly the Plaza should be Tumkur.
Yes looks like it is the same Toll Plaza, Karjeevanhalli Toll plaza is 30 Kms before Tumkur town in Google Maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
To me it sounds like deliberate fraud. Most people would have missed the 120 for 85 charge and written it off to bad memory.
The way the RFID works is passively- the reader in the toll booth queries the RFID and all the heavy lifting is done by the software at the toll booth & the Nhai & ICICI servers. There is no way that the vehicle can be misread unless the operator overrides. The more lenient interpretation could be that there is processing lag and that the previous vehicle was sensed but this vehicle was debited. But I cannot really think of a normal way for that to happen as everything starts with the RFID.
I also believe it is deliberate fraud, that too after reading the post on similar incident in same toll plaza. I noticed this overcharging only since the Tag balance went negative, else could have gone unnoticed. Since RFID is linked to vehicle type Car, I am unable to think of any logical reason of that tag getting charged against another vehicle type unless done deliberately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Do not do that. Once the tag has been blacklisted, you cannot use another Fastag with the same car. Infact, you cannot use two Fastags for the same car. You have to surrender the previous tag before you can use a new one. Your best bet would be to recharge the existing tag and raise a dispute.
Thanks. Plan to move out is only after settling the issue and removing the blacklisting.
Old 7th June 2019, 23:05   #3398
BHPian

Re: FASTag Min Balance?

My ICICI Fastag Balance is Rs 200/- after I moved Rs 800/- into Vehicle Balance. Now, when I logged into pockets app, it shows up a message saying 'balance is less'.

Is there any minimum amount to be maintained as main Fastag balance?
Old 9th June 2019, 09:59   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My ICICI Fastag Balance is Rs 200/- after I moved Rs 800/- into Vehicle Balance. Now, when I logged into pockets app, it shows up a message saying 'balance is less'.

Is there any minimum amount to be maintained as main Fastag balance?
The minimum balance is Rs200/-. I have not used the app and usually use the portal or use the below service to know the balance

'Dear Customer,get your ICICI Bank FASTag balance on mobile.SMS ETCBAL Vehicle Regn No. to 5676766 or give missed call on 8010928888 from your regd mobile no.T&C'
Old 9th June 2019, 13:48   #3400
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag Min Balance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
ICICI folks expects a minimum balance on the "Wallet" (i.e before you transfer the same to the Vehicle's balance). All these are gimmicks to keep hold of some money (collected from end customers), with no interest paid and giving the bank a chance to play around with that money.
Old 10th June 2019, 12:23   #3401
BHPian

Need advice.

Which is the fastest way to get hold of a Fastag in Bangalore? A trip via NH has come up at short notice and hence the urgency.

In general, we dont use NH for our regular trips and hence had not thought about getting one. But now....

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2019, 14:00   #3402
Senior - BHPian

For new Cars Fastag will come by default, i guess there is no options to choose which bank? so it will depend on dealer ?
Old 10th June 2019, 14:25   #3403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
For new Cars Fastag will come by default, i guess there is no options to choose which bank? so it will depend on dealer ?
It will depend on the dealer and which bank the dealer provides the tag with. There are cases where we have insisted the dealer to provide the tag from a particular bank and they have obliged.

Hence, if you have a good rapport with your sales advisor, you can always get the tag of your choice but I have also seen they don't entertain such requests if they are hellbent on procuring it from a particular bank only.

New cars, FASTags don't come by default. It is the center's directive that makes the dealers procure these tags and give it along with the car and they obviously charge you nearly 500-600 for the same.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 14:31   #3404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Which is the fastest way to get hold of a Fastag in Bangalore? A trip via NH has come up at short notice and hence the urgency.
The fastest would be buying it at a toll plaza; if you live around one, drop by and check.

Getting one from a bank/PayTM will take 10-15 days on average.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 14:33   #3405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
NBTL Plaza sells it. Devihalli Toll Plaza also sells it (Hassan highway). My cousin picked up for his car last month before driving to Pune.

However, when ordered online ICICI and Equitas have a record to ship tags and deliver it under 3-4 working days flat. You can check the thread for such examples.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks