Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2016, 12:21   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
I submitted my online application at this link. It gave me a reference number at the end of the submission.
I too did that on Friday; hoped for a call which never came. Anyway since I am not likely to get it done by Wednesday I plan to go to the branch with printouts and ID docs during the week.

Is this the ICICI Bank branch where we're supposed to go?

https://goo.gl/maps/U2yeUPVsd322
Old 4th December 2016, 13:57   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I too did that on Friday; hoped for a call which never came. Anyway since I am not likely to get it done by Wednesday I plan to go to the branch with printouts and ID docs during the week.

https://goo.gl/maps/U2yeUPVsd322
Yes, this is the bank.

I am planning for a drive on 20th or 21st Dec. Hopefully, I may get it before that.

I don't think bank may be involved beyond a point for processing our application. They may take the documents and hand it over to the relevant organization (NHAI?) itself. Unfortunately, there is no option to track your application online.
Old 4th December 2016, 13:58   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, from my follow-ups, I found there's no point using the on-line application.

Take copy & originals of:

ID proof
Address proof
RC Card
One Cheque for 500 Rs

and go to ICICI Bank Bommanahalli branch or any POS, and use the application form available there. You will get an SMS with your acct number in a few days. Activate your account, and then wait for the tag to be sent to you.

These guys may not be accepting the online application possibly to increase their own sales count. Just a guess.
Old 4th December 2016, 13:59   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes that's the branch.

Also, do note that Fastag team is not seated in the branch along with other bank employees. They were seated in a separate room which has entry through the a door on left side of the building when you are coming from Hosur road.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 14:18   #335
Senior - BHPian

For those switching to FASTag from cash , do note that the support from ICICI is really poor. I have a ticket open for about 6 months on being overcharged about Rs 40/- , that remains unresolved in spite of sending reminders. Other forum members have faced similar problems.

So long as things work fine , you're good . But if you run into problems, their support system is bound to frustrate you, so keep that in mind before going in for FASTag.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 4th December 2016 at 14:20.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 16:54   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Do they give you the sticker right away or will it be delivered a week later like someone had posted a few pages back? And do you have the timings/contact number of the BETL office?
Yesterday the server was down again and the guy there asked us to come later. Since we had gone from a long distance, decided to take it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Took his number and left from there.

Here is the contact details of the executive there,

Imdad - 70320 67883

Call him before you go. Saw atleast 25 applications pending on his desk, good to see people going for Fastag.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 09:09   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

Imdad - 70320 67883
Sorry guys, small correction in the contact number

Imdad - 7032067833
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 09:14   #338
BHPian

During my road trip in October, I paid a total of Rs. 2,500 worth of tolls via fasttag. However, the cash back that I received in November, was only Rs. 215 odd. Are they remitting less than 10%?
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 11:26   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
During my road trip in October, I paid a total of Rs. 2,500 worth of tolls via fasttag. However, the cash back that I received in November, was only Rs. 215 odd. Are they remitting less than 10%?
I did a road trip in October and spent around 3000/- in FASTag tolls . The cashback I got was Rs 270/- on Nov 16 .

Maybe something to do with their accounting - hoping to get the remaining cashback this month.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 5th December 2016 at 11:32.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 13:12   #340
Senior - BHPian

The Hoskote Toll Plaza has been listed as a POS. Do I approach the toll office or the toll gate itself for purchase of Fast Tag? I'd like to think it is the Toll office as I should not hold up traffic. Do these places usually stock Fast Tag? I ask as this toll isn't too out of the way for me and I'll most likely make a short drive of it.

I guess the usual documents are needed such as RC Copy, Address Proof copy, ID proof and a cheque for Rs. 500?
Old 5th December 2016, 13:19   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Do I approach the toll office or the toll gate itself for purchase of Fast Tag? I'd like to think it is the Toll office as I should not hold up traffic. Do these places usually stock Fast Tag? I ask as this toll isn't too out of the way for me and I'll most likely make a short drive of it.
It would be the toll Office but before that please call them and ask f they are issuing tags at all.

Have seen instances where few haven't been successful in getting one.
Quote:
I guess the usual documents are needed such as RC Copy, Address Proof copy, ID proof and a cheque for Rs. 500?
Not sure about the Cheque part here as that is only with ICICI. Nevertheless, better to carry a cheque leaf and cash.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 15:12   #342
J.Ravi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I did a road trip in October and spent around 3000/- in FASTag tolls . The cashback I got was Rs 270/- on Nov 16
In my case, I am getting 10% cashback promptly and calculated correctly every month. I spent ₹ 345 in October 2016 and got back ₹ 34.50 on 16 Nov 2016.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-oct2016toll.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-oct2016tollcashback.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 15:26   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I did a road trip in October and spent around 3000/- in FASTag tolls . The cashback I got was Rs 270/- on Nov 16 .

Maybe something to do with their accounting - hoping to get the remaining cashback this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
In my case, I am getting 10% cashback promptly and calculated correctly every month. I spent ₹ 345 in October 2016 and got back ₹ 34.50 on 16 Nov 2016.
Even I have spent 984/- on tolls till date and have got 98.4 as refund. One refund was 86/- and another was 12.4/-, which actually does not add up to monthly expenses on tolls.

My guess is few tolls deduct the amount at a later stage and that will be not considered for discounts in that month, instead will be given refund the consecutive month. For instance, I had traveled on 16th Sept 2016 but the toll was deducted on 10th October 2016. Hence the refund was done in month of November 2016.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 16:34   #344
Senior - BHPian

Guys, don't even bother registering online.. They never follow-up. No point even asking them to come to your place to collect the documents either.

Wasted one complete year waiting for them after registering online and wasted another 3 weeks after we called up the guy at the ICICI office.
Went and personally gave the forms to the ICICI office today. It would take 4 days to process it before getting the SMS. And all we wanted was to get the tag before going on a trip this weekend.

Last edited by Turbohead : 5th December 2016 at 16:35.
Old 5th December 2016, 19:33   #345
BHPian

Anyone experienced Paytm Fastag? Is it different from the way Fasttag works?

Additional details in the link https://blog.paytm.com/introducing-p...379#.dqcgedu2r

Last edited by tortoise : 5th December 2016 at 19:38.

Most Viewed