Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2019, 15:11   #3466
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Hi,

Can you please update us on whether HDFC was able to resolve the issue and also whether they refunded the excess charged? How has the experience been since then?

I am trying to decide between ICICI & HDFC.
My new car came with a HDFC FASTag and I found out that address is incorrectly updated by them, most likely dealership goofed up. I was advised by customer care to email address proof and other details to fastag.hdfcbank@insolutionsglobal.com, which I did two weeks ago. After that I have been following up with customer care but still incorrect address is being reflected. Worst, at times, HDFC FASTag customer care number is not reachable through out the day. With all this mess and FASTag itself not working, I have planned to close HDFC tag and get the refund, which as per customer care will be done via a DD being sent to my address!

I have already purchased another FASTag from PayTM mall last week and can see FASTag account created in my PayTM wallet. Hoping to get it delivered in few days, the best thing with PayTM FASTag is that users no need to transfer money in FASTag account, money is auto deducted from main PayTM wallet, convenient and simple.
Motor_Nut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 12:27   #3467
BHPian

I have purchased a new Hector which has fastag already installed. I am now wondering that how can I login into my fastag account to add money in the wallet.
Old 28th July 2019, 18:17   #3468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd7 View Post
I have purchased a new Hector which has fastag already installed. I am now wondering that how can I login into my fastag account to add money in the wallet.
Call your dealer and ask for the details about the credentials. They should be able to guide you.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 12:00   #3469
Distinguished - BHPian

This might help those who want to procure a Fastag by picking up that phone and dialing directly to these agents:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-vlcsnap2019072911h55m19s208.png

Contact Person: Kiran
Contact Numbers : 70222-88161 & 97437-57011

I am not sure which Bank they belong to but these are prominently displayed both at NBTL Plaza (Parle Factory) as well as Devihalli Plaza (Towards Hassan after Nelamangala).

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th July 2019 at 12:03.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 14:30   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
This behavior pattern makes me think - to replace the Tag itself : is that possible to physically replace the tag, but retain all other attributes ?
I have raised a case on ICICI's portal to check for Tag replacement, but no reply since a week.

Update:

I had to raise another complaint on the ICICI's web account, and after few days I saw their response that new tag will be created, and few more days found new Tag delivered. In my web account I saw Rs.100 (incl tax) deducted for issuance of new tag. Later I also added more money to this (new) tag - it was successful.

Not tested the tag yet, even yet to affix it.
Query: I have installed the film on windshield, do I need to cut a small portion to stick this tag ? I had read that some films have magnetic particles which interfere the reading of tag by the reader. Please guide.

regards,
Pranav
Old 29th July 2019, 19:53   #3471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Update:
... I have installed the film on windshield, do I need to cut a small portion to stick this tag ? I had read that some films have magnetic particles which interfere the reading of tag by the reader. Please guide.

regards,
Pranav
Pranav

Typically film is not installed in the Frit ( the black dots around the windshield. ) There is a thick portion behind the rearview mirror

Stick it on that- works perfectly in my Jazz

You might want to trial it with scotch tape before peeling the adhesive backing on the tag
Old 29th July 2019, 22:42   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This might help those who want to procure a Fastag by picking up that phone and dialing directly to these agents:
Not sure if I can post this here.

I can help get a fastag without any hassles very quickly.
Interested can PM me.

Mods: Please delete if this is against the forum rules.
Old 30th July 2019, 01:35   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
Thank you so much. It has been a very helpful and informative post. Well when I received my Honda BRV, I found it with the Fastag and that is how I started learning about Fastag. So, the procedures before were completed by the showroom people. It was an ICICI Bank Fastag account. I tried to create an online profile and it did work after registration and providing correct VIN number etc. After that I found I was topped up with RS 200/-, which is obviously from the amount I paid to the car dealer. I used it first in the Atibele toll plaza for a relaxing leisure drive with my family, around midnight. I came back after around 45 minutes. At this time, due to long queues on the lane, they opened the gate for a lane which was beside and asked us to follow that lane. Along with others I also followed the lane and finally reached the toll counter. To my surprise, the toll person said that counter does not have Fastag ready, so I have to pay in cash. So, I claimed that I should pay him the to and fro fare residual amount as I have returned within 24 hours. The person argued and forced me to pay the full one way amount. With lot of vehicles behind me, I had no choice but to pay him. After I started, my wife asked me that if you want to get this rectified, park the car on the side and then go back and talk to the Toll Supervisor. I did that, went back and spoke to the supervisor. He asked me to bring the car back at the toll gate with the Fastag and get it scanned there. When I brought the car there, they made way after stopping the other cars and helped me scan the Fastag. He refunded me the cash I had paid for one way journey. Later I found that even on Fastag, I was deducted charge for single entry and not multiple entry. I raised a case with ICICI Bank Fastag customer care, but they resolved the ticket by saying that the deductions were proper. I called their customer care so many times, along with that I raised several tickets, but all were getting resolved as usual. Finally, I searched on the net and found out their appelite authority and nodal officer's contact details and wrote to him. This time the appelite authority said that the return journey toll is valid only till midnight on that toll plaza and my Fastag was charged at around 11:45 PM first and then 12:08 AM second. Still she said that she has raised a charge-back with the recipient bank and if they approve I would get it back. I left that in despair, but after few weeks happily noticed that my Fastag account was credited with a charge-back of RS 19.75

The amount is very less, but I was afraid as I was not sure if my tag was setup correctly or not and whether it would continue as a practice later as well. Later though, I have recharged and used the tag many times, each time correct toll has been deducted without issues, even for return journeys.
One question I had in my mind is that, I have seen ads saying there is some 5% or so cash back / discount. I have never got any cash back or discount whatsoever in my fastag account. Has anyone else got it ?
Old 30th July 2019, 11:34   #3474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
And when I buy a new car from the showroom that comes with Fastag already installed, would I have a choice of service provider (say ICICI over PayTm or Axis Bank etc.), or am I stuck with whatever the dealer/manufacturer has installed? Would I be able to switch later?
Recently a friend purchased a Maruti vehicle and I was there with him during booking and delivery. He asked the dealer for ICICI fastag only since his other cars had ICICI fastag only. Dealer was giving Paytm generally but he got ICICI for my friend. So it is possible.
If the dealer gives another, simply don't recharge anything, destroy the tag and get another of your choice (account data is another matter).

Quote:
What happens off the buyer has an existing tag account and wishes to add either this or a new tag for this car to his account?
It is best that the buyer adds a new tag to his account. Ideally the seller should remove and destroy the tag at the time of handing over the vehicle.

Quote:
What happens if the buyer does not bother to "transfer" the tag to his name etc.?
The seller can close & deactivate the tag online. If the buyer doesn't transfer the tag and continues to use it, the seller will keep receiving the SMS everytime it is used.
It is an unwanted risk to the seller and as a seller, It is best to deactivate the tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
A few questions:

What happens to the current tag (with the current provider) when a car is sold?

What happens to any existing money remaining on the tag and how would one get it back (because say I buy a new car after selling this one, I need that existing money transferred to the new car and not lose it)?
I sold my car and got a new car. That was at a time when dealers weren't giving tags during delivery. I had removed the tag from the car I sold and destroyed it. Since I had ICICI fastag and happy with it, I went to get new tag from ICICI. I was told that I had 2 options:
1. Add a new tag to my account quicker and with less documentation
2. Close the account and create a new account...more time and documentation.
At that time, I chose option 1. So a new tag was added to the same account. I thought I could transfer all the balance from the old car's tag to new car's tag. But it had a condition that during transfer, I had leave a minimum balance of 100 (deduction at toll gates can go below 100). So I kept that 100 rupees in the old tag as it is. to be safe, I marked the old tag as "LOST" in the fastag account.
This year, the ICICI account page was updated and customers could raise a ticket for queries. Using this ticket process, I was successful in getting even that 100 rupees refunded. I'll explain the process below (I was told about this process by the customer care executive)
  • After logging in, go to Helpdesk>Request Information/Enquiries
  • Select type as "Request" (I had selected Enquiry at first but it is incorrect).
  • Select sub type as "Tag related"
  • In title, write "Car sold, deactivate tag and refund balance"

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-2.jpg
  • In Description, I wrote the following "I've sold my car XX11XX1111 on MM-DD-YY. I have removed the tag and detroyed it. please deactivate the tag account 12345678 and refund the balance of 100 in that tag to my account. There are two other cars which I continue to use. Alternately you can transfer this balance to one of those accounts also"
  • In the Atttachments area I attached PAN card copy, Copy of a cancelled cheque and the following letter (basically it is the handwritten form of the description)

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-untitled.jpg

In 2 days, the account shows ans automated acknowledgement like below

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-3.jpg

In some days, (they mention 21 days but mine too ~45days) the process was completed. The tag account was closed, and the refund was credited through IMPS to my bank account.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture1.jpg

Now when I login to my fastag account, it shows 1 closed and 2 active tags with the balance in the closed tag as 0.00

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture4.jpg

Quote:
One question I had in my mind is that, I have seen ads saying there is some 5% or so cash back / discount. I have never got any cash back or discount whatsoever in my fastag account. Has anyone else got it ?
I do get it regularly. It used to be faster till Q3 of last year. Cashback was given in the next month of usage. But after that it has become slower (I do not know why).
You can see from the below screen shot, cashback for the usage in Apr'18 and May'18 was provided in May'19 and Jun'19 respectively.
However, cashback for the usage in Nov'18, Dec'18 and Jan'19 was provided in Mar'19 and Apr'19.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-5.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 30th July 2019 at 11:53.
hemanth.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 11:53   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
5% cashback was for the financial year 2018-19. For 2019-20, cashback amount is 2.5%.

It takes a few months to get the cashback. I had last paid toll through Fastag on 13th December, 2018. I received the cashback on 18th March, 2019. I have a PayTM Fastag, don't know the time taken for other providers.

Last edited by DaptChatterjee : 30th July 2019 at 11:54.
DaptChatterjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 16:02   #3476
BHPian

Fastag same day return discounted rate - scam?

I have noticed this happening multiple times.

I do regular trips past the Paranur toll plaza (first toll plaza on NH45 from Chennai before Chengalpet) and back within the same day. While i am supposed to be debited Rs 60 for the onward journey and the differential amount of Rs 30 for the return journey(for a total of Rs 90 for a same-day return toll ticket), Paranur plaza alone regularly debits Rs 60 both ways.

I am cheated of Rs 30 for every trip I make.

This is the third time I think this is happening.

I don't want to pay cash for obvious reasons and this kind of a practise is defeating the very purpose of digitization.

I think this is a scam being perpetrated by this particular toll plaza assuming someone will not come back and complain for a mere Rs 30.

Well, I just did ! Have complained to ICICI Fastag customer care and they have in turn raised this with the vendor. Waiting to see what happens.

Anybody else face same issue at this plaza/anywhere?

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 30th July 2019 at 16:03.
Old 30th July 2019, 16:22   #3477
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fastag same day return discounted rate - scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Anybody else face same issue at this plaza/anywhere?
In Bangalore, this was common for the KIAL toll Plaza at Devahanalli (Airport). It has happened to me once as well.

But raise a dispute with ICICI with relevant details like transaction ID etc. and they will refund the amount in a week's time.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 13:41   #3478
kdp
BHPian

Hi,

For all those who say that ICICI is the best vendor for Fastag, I would like to share my experience.

I had purchased a new car in oct 2018 and it came fitted with an ICICI Bank fastag. I followed the instructions in their mailer and was able to get onto the portal. I was even able to correct the mistake made by my dealer who uploaded the VIN where the registration number was to go.

However the dealer had applied the sticker really poorly; 10" from the top of the windscreen, and at an angle. I tried to relocate the sticker in order to accommodate a dash cam, and unsurprisingly, it came off damaged. This is when the fun started.

I tried to raised a request for replacement on the helpline. they told me that I should mark the tag "lost". so I did so and asked for a replacement. For 3 months, I was told that they are shipping it to reach in 7-8 working days. somewhere, I just got tired of following up.

After the "Fastag compulsory from Dec 1" news broke, I realised that I would need this for my other older cars as well and again followed up with ICICI Bank. this time I was told that no complaint had been made before and they took a service request and shared that number with me (Actually I insisted). Again, it was 7-8 working days for delivery. 8 working days later, I called again, to be told that it would reach in 2 days.

Today, when those 2 days also expired, I called again, to be told that it would reach by the end of the week. at this point, understandably there was limited trust in the commitment so I insisted that I be connected to a Supervisor. After a 10min hold, I was told that since I had marked the tag lost; I would now need to close the tag as in could not be replaced. This is remarkable as it is strange; as I cannot understand, which other circumstances I would need a replacement. Obviously there was no explanation. Exasperated, since I was told to mark the tag as lost on the website by the call centre person itself; I asked for a closure and refund. So now to get a refund, I need to submit a Self letter (can someone explain what that means-- EDIT - I can see from post #3474 what the self letter would look like); my PAN Card details and a cancelled cheque. after which a month later my money may arrive.

I don't know if anyone can top this from an experience perspective. How is the tag replacement process at other vendors. and is there anyway of getting the tag replaced at ICICI at all? Has anyone managed? should I simply apply for my other cars from HDFC Bank or are they even worse?

Any insight would be welcome

Last edited by kdp : 31st July 2019 at 13:47. Reason: clarity
kdp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 16:19   #3479
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Since I had ICICI fastag and happy with it, I went to get new tag from ICICI. I was told that I had 2 options:
1. Add a new tag to my account quicker and with less documentation
2. Close the account and create a new account...more time and documentation.
At that time, I chose option 1. So a new tag was added to the same account. I thought I could transfer all the balance from the old car's tag to new car's tag. But it had a condition that during transfer, I had leave a minimum balance of 100 (deduction at toll gates can go below 100). So I kept that 100 rupees in the old tag as it is. to be safe, I marked the old tag as "LOST" in the fastag account.
This year, the ICICI account page was updated and customers could raise a ticket for queries. Using this ticket process, I was successful in getting even that 100 rupees refunded. I'll explain the process below (I was told about this process by the customer care executive)
thank you for a really comprehensive explanation. one thing that I am unable to do is enroll a new car (and tag) via the website. there is an option that leads to a point where a printout is taken. But no clue what to do next. How did you go about it? if you could share the process it would be great.

thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 16:38   #3480
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a new Fastag(label only) from Amazon, still not able to link my bank account with the tag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks