Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2019, 07:53   #3526
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I am a new FASTAG user (ICICI) and in the past two weeks of usage, I am facing the below difficulties:

- SMS saying XXX amount deducted arrives several hours late. Is this normal?

- In one instance, the boom barrier went up, and OK was displayed on the display. But later, on checking the statement, looks like amount was not debited. How can this happen?
This happened while returning from KIAL via Devanahalli Airport Toll.
All this is the new normal nowadays. Toll not getting deducted, getting deducted twice, saying tag reader is not working, paying by cash and getting deducted from the tag also at the same booth, charging the rate of a heavy commercial vehicle for your private car etc are few of the perks of using FarceTag. All thanks to a few people who are hell bent on making life as hard as possible for the citizens. Nobody is bothered whether the system works properly or not. You have to get it before December 1st. All issues will be fixed in their own sweet time. Till then smile and enjoy !
longhorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 18:04   #3527
BHPian

Hi All,
today i applied for Fastag from HDFC website, they conviniently took all details and i paid Rs 500.
I got below message

Your Fastag application reference number HFR24XXXX
The Fastag Application PDF is sent to your registered email ID.
Our representative will get in touch with you soon.
You will receive your Fastag in the next 7 working days. Contact 18001201243 for queries.

but i did not receive any email and call centre number doesnt work .
anyone faced such issue? how to proceed or track the application status.
any help in this regard is appreciated.
Old 17th September 2019, 19:45   #3528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr1304 View Post
I recently applied and received my Hdfc fastag within 7 days. The process was smooth and I did not have to follow up. Yes, I received an email confirmation from them with a Pdf attached that basically had all the details I had filled in during the application process.

Did you check your spam folder?
Old 17th September 2019, 20:14   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post

Did you check your spam folder?
Yes, unfortunately it is not there.
Can you share the email address from where you received it any customer care email address present in the PDF. I will try emailing them.
Old 17th September 2019, 20:49   #3530
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately it is not there.
Can you share the email address from where you received it any customer care email address present in the PDF. I will try emailing them.
It's from a noreply address. And the email basically is a copy of the SMS message content. So, no additional contact phone or email address.

BTW, I just called the support number listed on their contact us page (1800-120-1243) , and it surprisingly went through and was answered at the first ring.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 21:03   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
, I just called the support number listed on their contact us page (1800-120-1243) , and it surprisingly went through and was answered at the first ring.
Thanks a ton. I just called and it seems sometimes email confirmation is not sent due to some system issues
They cannot even confirm the current status of application. But they confidently assured that it will reach in 7days by courier.
PS: just posting this so that later anyone faces similar issue. just stay calm.
Old 18th September 2019, 12:08   #3532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, HDFC Fastag experience was horrible. When i bought my car last year, the dealer got HDFC Fastag although i told him i have an account with ICICI. Since they didn't had tie up, they gave HDFC Fastag which is a pre-req for registration. I never had a good experience in recharging or using it. Even i am unable to close the account. So i ended up buying another tag from ICICI and using it seamlessly.

Way back in early 2015, I was first person to get ICICI FASTag in Bangalore when many people including Toll persons didn't knew what is FASTag. It was in pilot mode when government announced ETC. Till date my experience with ICICI is excellent. HDFC is completely opposite. I won't recommend based on my experience.

-Ravi
Old 18th September 2019, 20:59   #3533
BHPian

Hi all,just wanted to update that I got a sms just now that fasttag is issued and recharged with the amount, I think that was very quick.from hdfc. I will keep you posted abt the time taken for fasttag to reach by courier.
Old 18th September 2019, 22:20   #3534
BHPian

Hi guys,

I "lost" my tag the last time I gave my car for service. How do I apply for a new tag? The icici fastag website is honestly created by a teenage developer. I couldn't figure out how and gave up eventually.

I'm not sure if someone has already discussed this in the thread. If so, please point me to the same.
Old 19th September 2019, 00:25   #3535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
I "lost" my tag the last time I gave my car for service.
I lost my ICICI tag too in a windshield change and didn't feel the need till now 18 months later. I called ICICI phone support and ordered a replacement tag from them. He told me I would get it in a week and it's been 6 weeks now and no sign of it. Was told it will cost 100 or 200, can't really recall and that it would deduct from the balance. They suck!
Old 19th September 2019, 14:46   #3536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
He told me I would get it in a week and it's been 6 weeks now and no sign of it.

They suck!
Well, I got to do the same now. Let's hope they do it fast this time. Anyway, their branch is quite close to my office. So I'll pop in there if it takes more than 2 weeks.
Old 19th September 2019, 16:20   #3537
BHPian

Recently traveled to Hyderabad, now fastag is accepted on ORR.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 13:59   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,just wanted to update that I got a sms just now that fasttag is issued and recharged with the amount, I think that was very quick.from hdfc. I will keep you posted abt the time taken for fasttag to reach by courier.
Hi all,
Just wanted to update that the fastag reached me via bluedart courier. it was amazingly fast, Got it in 4 days. may be HDFC services have improved a lot.
so if you are buying a new one, as of now i can suggest you to go with HDFC .
sbr1304 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 11:43   #3539
BHPian

Which Fastag is the most dependable/reliable now? Looking at some the recent posts here, it appears like every service provider has some problem or the other.

Guess we need to add one to our car before the Dec 1st deadline. Or is there any further update on this?

Frankly, I am happy to pay for the toll as I haven't seen any advantage of having Fastag esp on NH4 with all vechicles rushing into all lanes. I would prefer to pay by cash instead of adding yet another item to monitor (correct deductions, followups for issues etcl regularly. Have two options - do it early to beat the rush OR wait till Nov end to check if they really will stick to the deadline or postpone it. I am tending towards the 2nd option as of now.
Old 26th September 2019, 14:10   #3540
BHPian

My car came with some kind of a RFID sticker on the top left corner, when I bought it new 2 years ago. Is that like Fastag? Can it be used in lieu of Fastag?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks