Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2019, 19:37   #3601
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
I think they added that as a buffer for upcoming wrong debits. This morning I received an SMS for 75 debited in "Toll Pantangi" for my car!...
Which fastag provider you are using? In my case PayTM had debited money after 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Am I lucky() or PayTm will deduct the money later?
Update: Money got debited after 3 months.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th October 2019 at 21:00. Reason: Smiley in quoted post corrected.
Old 14th October 2019, 20:50   #3602
BHPian

Had been to Kolli Hills yesterday from Bangalore via Hosur. The Fastag worked fine on the onward journey but during the last few tolls of the return journey the Axis Fastag was shown as Blacklisted in the toll display. I suspected low balance and checked the last deduction message and it had Rs.142 balance but the toll wouldn't deduct from that. The toll amounts were well under Rs.100 in each case but I had to pay cash as the first operator had no clue and the 2nd operator said that there isn't sufficient balance.

Finally I recharged for Rs.1000 during our Dinner stop and the updated balance became Rs.1142 and the tag started working fine from the next toll onward. So I guess this was some temporary issue or Axis Fastag needs Rs.100 as minimum balance or so. In any case it was disappointing since I had to pay extra for single journey which would've been a return journey deduction from Fastag if it worked fine.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th October 2019 at 10:15. Reason: formatting for better readability
Old 15th October 2019, 10:12   #3603
Distinguished - BHPian

FASTag facility will extend to Karnataka SHs too:Electronic toll collection on SHs from Apr 1: DCM

Quote:
At present, toll plazas on all 32 state highways have the system of manual collection of toll. These toll plazas will be converted to electronic toll plazas, where road users have to pay the toll charges through electronic mode using FASTag, instead of cash
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 19:20   #3604

Hi All,
According to mails being sent by ICICI, the government is going to make FasTag mandatory at all Toll plazas. Does that mean Airoli and Vashi tolls will move away from MEP ETC Tags to FasTags?
Old 16th October 2019, 15:01   #3605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocksride View Post
Hi All,
According to mails being sent by ICICI, the government is going to make FasTag mandatory at all Toll plazas. Does that mean Airoli and Vashi tolls will move away from MEP ETC Tags to FasTags?
Yes. As per today's news, all state/city (Mumbai Sea link, Vashi, Airoli, etc.) toll plazas have to move to Fastag. The deadline for them is 31st March 2020 while for other national highways it is 31st December 2019. From the next day after these deadlines, one has to pay 2x the toll if paying in cash.
Old 16th October 2019, 18:59   #3606
BHPian

I have a HDFC Fastag. I am using it for last 3 years without major problem. At present it has a balance amount of Rs.1000. Now I am planning to sell my car. Please suggest me what to do? I am a novice.
basubhatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 19:12   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
From the next day after these deadlines, one has to pay 2x the toll if paying in cash.
There are going to be huge traffic jams, most of the commercial vehicles have shifted to fasttag, thanks ( to initial 10% now 2.5%) discount. But the majority of private vehicle owners still prefer cash. They will fight tooth and nail instead of paying 2x toll for using cash.

Maybe this timeline will get extended.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 20:06   #3608
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing all NH toll lanes being Fastagged over the last few months, even tolls like Nallur, Paranur that never had Fastag historically, now have them! That too with fix scanners

As of August, Trichy-Madurai and Madurai-Tirunelveli were the ones that had (jugaad) hand scanners.

Quote:
But the majority of private vehicle owners still prefer cash.
Its the private vehicles that hog the dedicated Fastag lane, when not manned Even T-board don't do this.
Old 17th October 2019, 09:57   #3609
Senior - BHPian

Applied for ICICI FASTag on Oct 06, received it on Oct 14.

According to the video below (which at least seems to be made by some official agency), the FASTag is supposed to be stuck in line with the IRVM, but slightly to its right (as seen from outside). However, most videos/articles recommend sticking it exactly in the centre. Which one is correct? Or it doesn't really matter?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th October 2019, 10:08   #3610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
However, most videos/articles recommend sticking it exactly in the centre. Which one is correct? Or it doesn't really matter?
Honestly, it doesn't matter although technically it would if there was this thing called CONSISTENCY regarding the placement of scanners at all booths!

Few would agree, few would not but my own experience so far with the placement next to IRVM on the left (when facing car from outside)has been positive when it comes to reading the tag.

Most of us paste it on the left of the IRVM (when facing car from outside) so that at times it will also enable the Toll booth operator to just stretch his hands out and scan the tag using a hand held device rather then get down, walk towards the co-passenger side of the car and then scan it.

Quoting my post again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Guys, paste the tag 'anywhere' on the front windscreen and it won't really matter. The System would still scan it anyway.

The reasons for the placement of the Tag near the IRVM on right hand side:
- It is easier for the Toll attendant to manually scan it in case the automated scanner is not functioning/absent by just stretching his hand out of the window

- It is also easier for the automated scanner to detect these tags because the pillar on which this is hosted is mostly on your (driver's) right hand side

- It is easier for the man guarding the booth to spot your tag with that FASTag logo and hence allow you to pass into the dedicated lane meant for FASTag

- It is easier to fix the tag on the right hand side and leave the left side for a lot of other stickers, including the OEM RFID that comes in all cars post 2013
You can also imagine that the center of you car's windscreen might be extreme right for a truck or a bus :-)

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th October 2019 at 10:11.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 11:47   #3611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
I have a HDFC Fastag. I am using it for last 3 years without major problem. At present it has a balance amount of Rs.1000. Now I am planning to sell my car. Please suggest me what to do? I am a novice.
The money is in your account with HDFC, and I guess, there is no need to think of the FasTag as a prepaid SIM, at least from this pov. Worst case is, you close your existing FasTag linked a/c and open a fresh one for your new car / tag. Ideally, (my opinion) all your tags should work from a single account.
Old 17th October 2019, 12:44   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
...Axis Fastag was shown as Blacklisted in the toll display. I suspected low balance and checked the last deduction message and it had Rs.142 balance but the toll wouldn't deduct from that. The toll amounts were well under Rs.100 in each case but I had to pay cash as the first operator had no clue and the 2nd operator said that there isn't sufficient balance.
Minimum balance of 300/- needs to be present in the card for toll to be deducted, else it will show as blacklisted. I had the same experience - shared in post# (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)3569
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 16:56   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Which fastag provider you are using? In my case PayTM had debited money after 3 months.

Update: Money got debited after 3 months.
HDFC. And there was a shocker for me today. Turns out they NEVER returned the money, just transferred 500 from my HDFC account to my tag account. I'm surprised they can do that without any sort of approval. it's INSANE!
Old 18th October 2019, 09:24   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Applied for ICICI FASTag on Oct 06, received it on Oct 14.
You are lucky to receive the Tag in 8 days! My experience with application for Fastag with ICICI is very poor, so far. I applied for 2 tags from ICICI, the first one on 8th Oct' and the second one on 15th Oct'.

Tag. No. 1: [Cust. ID: 1140XXXX]
The account got activated only after my nudging over phone call on 12th. After this the Tag number was not allotted until my phone call again to their call centre on 15th and waiting for it's shipment from then onwards until now.

Tag No. 2: [Cust. ID: 1141XXXX]
Applied for another vehicle on 15th. The Fastag account itself is yet to be activated until now, inspite of my call on 16th.

From the Customer ID's of these two tags, it appears they have received application for 10000 vehicles in a week's time. The turnaround time for issuing a tag is likely to get worsen as we approach the Dec 1st deadline. This may be the case with all Fastag issuers.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 11:50   #3615
Senior - BHPian

Update on my Paytm fastag experience. It's been fantastic. Liked it so much that I got it for my second car too. General tip for people looking to get fastag. Approach your known dealership and ask them for it. I got it from tata dealership. It was installed and activated at the same time within 10 minutes.

500 Rs paid. 250 is deposit. 100 is the fee they charge. 150 goes in fastag wallet. At every fastag transaction money gets deducted from paytm wallet. No hassle of transferring money into account.

The only gripe is the sms for deduction sometimes comes instantly and sometimes only when i log into paytm account.

Most Viewed