Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 14th October 2019, 19:37   #3601
BHPian

Default Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
I think they added that as a buffer for upcoming wrong debits. This morning I received an SMS for 75 debited in "Toll Pantangi" for my car!...
Which fastag provider you are using? In my case PayTM had debited money after 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Am I lucky() or PayTm will deduct the money later?
Update: Money got debited after 3 months.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th October 2019 at 21:00. Reason: Smiley in quoted post corrected.
Who_are_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 20:50   #3602
BHPian

Had been to Kolli Hills yesterday from Bangalore via Hosur. The Fastag worked fine on the onward journey but during the last few tolls of the return journey the Axis Fastag was shown as Blacklisted in the toll display. I suspected low balance and checked the last deduction message and it had Rs.142 balance but the toll wouldn't deduct from that. The toll amounts were well under Rs.100 in each case but I had to pay cash as the first operator had no clue and the 2nd operator said that there isn't sufficient balance.

Finally I recharged for Rs.1000 during our Dinner stop and the updated balance became Rs.1142 and the tag started working fine from the next toll onward. So I guess this was some temporary issue or Axis Fastag needs Rs.100 as minimum balance or so. In any case it was disappointing since I had to pay extra for single journey which would've been a return journey deduction from Fastag if it worked fine.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th October 2019 at 10:15. Reason: formatting for better readability
Funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 10:12   #3603
Distinguished - BHPian

FASTag facility will extend to Karnataka SHs too:Electronic toll collection on SHs from Apr 1: DCM

Quote:
At present, toll plazas on all 32 state highways have the system of manual collection of toll. These toll plazas will be converted to electronic toll plazas, where road users have to pay the toll charges through electronic mode using FASTag, instead of cash
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 19:20   #3604

Hi All,
According to mails being sent by ICICI, the government is going to make FasTag mandatory at all Toll plazas. Does that mean Airoli and Vashi tolls will move away from MEP ETC Tags to FasTags?
sherlocksride is offline   Reply With Quote