Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2019, 06:50   #3676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I've been using PayTM FasTag since last 2 years. Not much of an issue with the tag but the toll booths are a headache. Since last 1 month, the highway I take for Patna has a non-functional tag so I've stopped paying them. I ask them for complaint register, they ask me to go.

ICICI mobile app was updated and I saw that you can order FasTag from them too. So I just checked it, and I found this under Maruti vehicles!

They have option for concept vehicles and even models not sold in India!

Last edited by BoneCollector : 10th November 2019 at 06:57.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 09:20   #3677
BHPian

Folks. I have a fasttag from ICICI. Logged in to the portal and added another tag from the "add tag" link for my second car.

However, I don't know what to do next. How do I upload the documents and make payment? Anyone who has got a second tag from ICICI?
Old 10th November 2019, 14:16   #3678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
How do I upload the documents and make payment? Anyone who has got a second tag from ICICI?
Same situation with me.

I raised two queries in their website, but still no response
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.png  

Sukanta73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 12:37   #3679
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend just received an ICICI Fastag for his car. I'd told him to first experiment with the tag position on the windshield before finalising and sticking it, but seems like it's going to be difficult because the front of the tag now has an opaque brown colored adhesive backing sheet unlike the transparent ones that were there earlier - like when I got the Fastag for our WagonR - here (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

The tag now looks like this, so if the brown backing sheet is removed, it has to be stuck immediately to the windshield, any suggestions ?
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ftag.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 13th November 2019 at 12:39.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:55   #3680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The tag now looks like this, so if the brown backing sheet is removed, it has to be stuck immediately to the windshield, any suggestions ?
Remove the brown backing, paste a transparent tape to cover the adhesive side completely. Paste another tape on the other side with few mm protruding out on all sides and experiment wherever you want.

I recently changed my Ertiga's windscreen and because I had my FASTag pasted employing the above method, I was easily be able to remove the tag, put it in my wallet and pasted it back on the newly replaced windshield!

If your worry is what if the tag falls off due to lack of adhesive, my car's tag was there till now for 3 years without losing its position. A good quality transparent tape will do the job.

EDIT: Adding an image for better understanding

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ft.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th November 2019 at 12:59.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 17:50   #3681
BHPian

My query answered before i asked. Still i am confused where should i paste my new Fastag. This is my third Fastag for same car. The reason behind replacing the Fastag is not being able to get automatically detected. In my 3 years of using Fastag, only 3 to 4 times it has been automatically detected. I replaced first Fastag because of not getting detected. The Problem with second Fastag worsen as it was not being detected by Hand held machine also. The attendant used to to tell that your Fastag is blacklisted due to insufficient balance. Irony is that my Fastag has more than ₹2500/- balance from the day one. I tried all the options mentioned in this very forum. Now i have received third Fastag same as NPV has mentioned. I asked ICICI person who told previous Fastag itself might be faulty. Now the same question arised where and how should i stick the Fastag. I have installed Garware Sun film on front windshield. Is it causing problem?
Old 13th November 2019, 18:04   #3682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1934286
Buy a mobile screen protector, not the tempered glass but the PU or plastic screen guard. Paste screen protector on the windshield, and then the fastag on the screen protector. You can remove this and reposition practically any number of times and can also wash the adhesive side and re-paste it without any issues.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 18:10   #3683
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Now the same question arised where and how should i stick the Fastag. I have installed Garware Sun film on front windshield. Is it causing problem?
The sun film could possibly be the culprit here since you've had problems with 2 other tags earlier and they weren't detected even with the hand held scanner.
Other reasons could be if the tag was stuck on the dotted enamel frit portion of the windshield, that could cause the tag to not be detected as well.
Another reason could be if the tag is stuck very close to the car's factory fitted RFID sticker.

Last edited by ampere : 13th November 2019 at 22:44. Reason: fixed typo
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 18:12   #3684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
I have installed Garware Sun film on front windshield. Is it causing problem?
I remember someone mentioning a similar issue earlier on this thread. However, are you having any other RFID on your windshield, vehicle manufacturer provided one ? If so that may be causing the issue.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 18:26   #3685
BHPian

I have a doubt and it will be great if someone could help!

The thing is, when I used fast tag the last time(my first time using a fast tag too) near Chennai, I asked for the bill. The man on the counter said that they won't issue a bill for a fast tag pass as it consumes time. He was like, the reason for introducing a fast tag is to reduce time by not providing bills and changes.

I didn't have time to talk to him and also he was a north Indian and couldn't speak Tamil or English and checked the app for the transaction status and left the place without enquiring.

My question is, will they provide a bill if we pass through fast tag? If no, then how will we be able to move through linked tollgates like the one in OMR, where you will have to pay only once for accessing two tollgates.
Old 13th November 2019, 18:30   #3686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Buy a mobile screen protector, not the tempered glass but the PU or plastic screen guard. Paste screen protector on the windshield, and then the fastag on the screen protector.
I had used a transparent OHP sheet portion and pasted the FASTag on it. Then used transparent adhesive tape to put it on the windshield. Working fine for 2+ years now.

Last edited by airbus : 13th November 2019 at 18:33.
Old 13th November 2019, 19:17   #3687
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
My question is, will they provide a bill if we pass through fast tag? If no, then how will we be able to move through linked tollgates like the one in OMR, where you will have to pay only once for accessing two tollgates.
By "Bill" if you meant the toll receipt that you get for cash/card payments, the answer is NO, you don't get them for Fastag payment, after all this is an eToll/digital payment system and if you wait for that receipt to be printed at the toll booth, it completely defeats the purpose of the system!

Fastag is capable of handling two way/multi journey toll fares and also on tolled roads like the Mumbai-Pune expressway, it detects the tag at both entry toll plaza and exit toll plaza and deducts appropriate amount.

I'm not sure how the OMR toll is handled (does it support Fastag ? Asking since Fastag is supported only on tolls under NHAI which is only on the National Highways).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 19:18   #3688
BHPian

Quote:
Folks. I have a fasttag from ICICI. Logged in to the portal and added another tag from the "add tag" link for my second car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Same situation with me.

For adding multiple vehicles to ICICI FASTAG account, you need to go though the below on their portal,

Helpdesk ->Request information/inquiries -> Type (Request) -> Subtype (tag related) -> Title (Addon tag)

Request for new tag indicating vehicle number & Customer ID should be included in the description box.

RC copy can be attached on the same page.

Once the above is done, CUG wallet to be recharged by selecting "pay to CUG wallet" on payments page.

Hope this helps.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191113190419__01.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191113190322__01.jpg
csr9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 19:30   #3689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

However, I don't know what to do next. How do I upload the documents and make payment? Anyone who has got a second tag from ICICI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Same situation with me.

Even after succesfully adding our 2nd car, i got no updates from ICICI for 7 days.
Today i called their customer care and have put a complaint. They have sent me the complaint number and told, it will be taken care ASAP. Lets see what happens. In the mean time, if any of you get any update please let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post

Helpdesk ->Request information/inquiries -> Type (Request) -> Subtype (tag related) -> Title (Addon tag)

Request for new tag indicating vehicle number & Customer ID should be included in the description box.

RC copy can be attached on the same page.

Once the above is done, CUG wallet to be recharged by selecting "pay to CUG wallet" on payments page.
Thanks, let me wait for a couple of days, if nothing is done, will try this.

Last edited by Samba : 13th November 2019 at 19:45.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 19:35   #3690
BHPian

Quote:
By "Bill" if you meant the toll receipt that you get for cash/card payments, the answer is NO, you don't get them for Fastag payment, after all this is an eToll/digital payment system and if you wait for that receipt to be printed at the toll booth, it completely defeats the purpose of the system!

Fastag is capable of handling two way/multi journey toll fares and also on tolled roads like the Mumbai-Pune expressway, it detects the tag at both entry toll plaza and exit toll plaza and deducts appropriate amount.

I'm not sure how the OMR toll is handled (does it support Fastag ? Asking since Fastag is supported only on tolls under NHAI which is only on the National Highways).
Thanks for that! I thought that I will be provided a bill. I was overprotective as I have heard cases where they charge you more for a pass. Like they use the tag twice for a single pass. The toll gate which I was passing through doesn't have automated barriers or red- green signal lights to indicate that I have paid.

I got another doubt from what you said. Will be great if you could help again. Fast tag is supported on tolls under NHAI. Will this prevail after Dec1 2019, as fast tag is compulsory? Like, will the other toll gates that are not under NHAI charge through fast tags? Sorry if the question has already been asked.

Most Viewed