Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 11:01   #3946
BANNED

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

All this about Fastags being vendor specific reminds me of the original days of credit cards. Ultimately all merged into one. Same will happen here.
Old 29th November 2019, 11:02   #3947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
No. Those who enter a FASTag lane without a FASTag will have to pay double the toll amount from December 1st onwards. Cash lane with normal fee will be available as usual.
Even better. More reason not to get panic.
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:11   #3948
BHPian

http://m.timesofindia.com/business/i...w/72285581.cms

Came around this article in TOI today. Fastag is going to bring about lots of positives if implemented as planned without any let-up.

Though I have read mamy BHPians complaining wrong deductions and other issues associated with it. Hope these hiccups gets sorted out for hassle free uptake!
Old 29th November 2019, 11:33   #3949
BHPian

Hello

I applied for Fastag through Kotak Bank on 23/11/2019 but didn’t receive any update apart from invoice until yesterday. Yesterday evening I called the customer care regarding no updates. After 1 hour I received the message regarding request in process and today I got the FASTag activated and it has been dispatched.
Old 29th November 2019, 12:23   #3950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But UPI method is the easiest. Not sure if other banks provide this feature.
Almost all banks have UPI recharge enabled for their tags since more than a year now. In fact, after UPI, I don't even log-in to their apps or portal. I have added the UPI beneficiary on all my UPI apps and merely spend 10 seconds to recharge on the go.

Quote:
Can I can stick Fastag on a sheet of transparent plastic and hang from IRVM?
Yes you very much can. Although I haven't pasted the tag directly onto the windscreen, I use a transparent tape on the adhesive side and then paste the tag with another tape so it is easily removable.

Now that all lanes will be enabled for tags, one need not bother about guard manning the lane and allowing you to pass the fastag lane only after checking if you have a tag on your windscreen. This was the main reason earlier that one pastes the tag such that tag is visible to the guard to let you in.

Quote:
PS: On side note, if someone is carrying a bagful of Fastags, won't all get scanned?
Chances are there. There is an interesting case of a BHPians car charged thrice as he parked his car for dining at a restaurant atop the toll booth. Car was parked next to the booth!

Good luck with your Fastag experience!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:26   #3951
BHPian

While driving back from Mumbai, after the Vashi toll, I saw a few vendors with Fastag signage.
I guess these are the ones you stick & subscribe to whichever bank you want.
Take the outer most lanes of the toll, drive slowly & these guys can be found among the Coconut water vendors.
Old 29th November 2019, 12:43   #3952
BHPian

Bank neutral Fastags are available on Amazon for Rs.1 (+Rs.80 Delivery charge). Just ordered 2 for Rs.82.
Link if anyone is interested: https://amzn.to/2ryUyvu
Be warned that they keep on getting out of stock very fast.
Vikalp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:43   #3953
Senior - BHPian

The Fast Tag on my new Swift has the HDFC logo, does this mean I would have to activate and recharge through HDFC? Will it be possible to link PayTM or some other bank account or it will have to be HDFC only? Also how does one activate the Fast Tag? The downloaded app only has option to activate tags bought through Amazon.
Old 29th November 2019, 12:46   #3954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The Fast Tag on my new Swift has the HDFC logo, does this mean I would have to activate and recharge through HDFC? Will it be possible to link PayTM or some other bank account or it will have to be HDFC only? Also how does one activate the Fast Tag? The downloaded app only has option to activate tags bought through Amazon.
If the tag has HDFC logo they can not be linked to any other gateway than HDFC. You would need to de-activate this one and buy a new one if you want to use any other gateway.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 13:12   #3955
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I don't know why almost everyone (online/offline) is in panic mode because Fastag is must from 1st December. It is not like demonetization which happened over night. It was announced at least 4 months in advance.

If someone has not taken fastag till now and planning to travel, just apply today itself and hope for a revised deadline. In worst case, it is double toll amount (as being said) if you pay cash but it's not that you are not allowed to take your car on highway. It is a small price for being lazy.
The price to be paid is far bigger. Given the fascist surveillance state we are heading into in a couple of years it will be tied to your aadhar and pan cards.
They may say no aadhar no traveling on toll roads.
Better to stop such ideas in the beginning.

Also isn’t your phone a RFID device?
They needn’t scan us.
User can simply scan their (fast tag) QR code stuck on the toll window. Pay amount automatically and continue.
But of course we won’t have so many opportunities for babus and bankers for making money with the current fast tag implementation.
Also chaos is always the point of government. It will keep people’s minds off real issues facing the country.

Last edited by hangover : 29th November 2019 at 13:26. Reason: New content
Old 29th November 2019, 13:19   #3956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will it be possible to link PayTM or some other bank account or it will have to be HDFC only?
You cannot link it to other bank accounts. Also, none of the fastags make it a mandate to link it to the bank account to which the tag belongs to. They allow recharge through various methods - Cards (Credit or Debit), Netbanking and UPI.

So, having a specific bank's fastag doesn't mean one must have a bank account with that bank. I have ICICI bank tag since 3 years and I don't have an ICICI bank account. Hope that clears your confusion .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 13:19   #3957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
If the tag has HDFC logo they can not be linked to any other gateway than HDFC. You would need to de-activate this one and buy a new one if you want to use any other gateway.
I have not activated the tag, so shall I consider that I don't have to deactivate anything? Also how does one deactivate the tag anyways?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th November 2019, 13:27   #3958
BHPian

Quote:
I have not activated the tag, so shall I consider that I don't have to deactivate anything? Also how does one deactivate the tag anyways?

Thanks in advance.
Since you have the HDFC fastag, it will be activated/de-activated via the HDFC gateway here: https://fastag.hdfcbank.com/RetailRoadUserLogin/Index
More details here: https://v1.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/commo...in_fastag.html

How did you get the tag? With the new vehicle?

Last edited by Vikalp : 29th November 2019 at 13:30.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 13:42   #3959
BANNED

Quote:
No. Those who enter a FASTag lane without a FASTag will have to pay double the toll amount from December 1st onwards. Cash lane with normal fee will be available as usual.
I don’t think that’s legal. The purpose of toll is to build and maintain the road.

Is a fast tag user getting less facilities that non FT users have to pay double?

I think the original land acquisition process for the roads itself had these terms.
Calculations were for vehicle weight and length based toll amounts.
Old 29th November 2019, 13:45   #3960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Hello Friends,

I have a query, I have purchased Vento TDI on November 22nd. And here in Hyderabad, first you would get a Temporary registration number and to get a permanent RC, it takes at least 2 to 3 weeks time. And I am planning for a 600 Kms trip on November 30th. So, my query is, can I get a Fastag at any NHAI tolls based on the Temporary registration number?
My friend had a Fastag from ICICI Bank and he had requested a special number which took some time. Till that time, the tag had Chasis number in place of the registration number and there were many trips done in that state. It worked flawlessly. He later updated the registration number by raising a ticket in the account. he uploaded the RC card picture and they updated it.

The only issue till the registration number was updated was that UPI recharging was not possible. The tag could however be recharged by logging into the ICICI Fastag account.

In fact once he made the UPI recharge of a small amount just to check. I was debited from the account but not credited to the tag. It took another ticket and couple of calls to the customer care to get that refunded.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks