Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2019, 18:19   #3991
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Please let us know how your fastag journey went this time.I am also in the same boat as yours. In how many days was your Fastag replaced? I have been quoted 7 days by raising a compliant on their fastag portal. Are you pasting it outside this time or inside the wind shield.
The journey with the new Fastag is not as per my expectation. The Fastag didn't get automatically detected at all three toll plazas. However hand held scanner neatly scanned the tag. I have pasted it inside the windshield behind IRVM. I will again retry with different locations. I got my tag replaced in one day as I directly contacted the ICICI person who handles Fastag in Mumbai.
Old 30th November 2019, 18:33   #3992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
The Fastag didn't get automatically detected at all three toll plazas. However hand held scanner neatly scanned the tag.
Happened to me as well. I think the person responsible for doling out change in every counter will now be holding a scanner and standing instead for scanning all the undetectable tags.

Just thinking out loud. What will happen if i have insufficient balance and / or my card is blocked? Will i be made to shell out double the toll? considering i am unable to recharge my fastag immediately (which i am very sure every one stuck with insufficient funds will try and do which will slow down the entire lane)
Old 30th November 2019, 19:56   #3993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
I was in a similar predicament as my vehicle too came with an HDFC Bank Tag.
Thanks for your post, I also contacted my dealer and they provided me with the wallet ID and customer ID and have activated the fast tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You cannot link it to other bank accounts. Also, none of the fastags make it a mandate to link it to the bank account to which the tag belongs to. They allow recharge through various methods - Cards (Credit or Debit), Netbanking and UPI.

So, having a specific bank's fastag doesn't mean one must have a bank account with that bank. I have ICICI bank tag since 3 years and I don't have an ICICI bank account. Hope that clears your confusion .
Yes I can see it has a wallet where I can recharge from various other banks using net banking. As of now I have 200 Rs lying in my wallet from point of activation.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 22:22   #3994
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Those of you who have received sms about Fastag issuance, how long did it take to receive the rfid tag though courier?
I applied on Nov 18th, the Fastag was issued to me on Nov 22nd. But the actual tag was shipped today. Delivery expected on Dec 2nd.

"Your HDFC FASTag shipment was sent on 30-NOV-19 vide Blue Dart"
Old 30th November 2019, 22:23   #3995
BHPian

I had applied for Fastag from HDFC. I am an existing customer and the tag is for a vehicle registered in my dad's name. I applied here on 23rd and paid Rs. 500 and uploaded the documents: https://getprepaidcard.hdfcbank.com/fastag/index.aspx

I got an SMS on the 27th confirming that my tag has been issued and that it has been recharged for Rs. 300. I was able to log in and check the tag account.

Today, I got another SMS confirming that the Fastag wallet has been created and that the card will be dispatched in 4 working days.
Old 30th November 2019, 22:46   #3996
BHPian

After reading through all the ways to apply for FastTag, I finalized ICICI and applied online on 20th. Same day, I got message that FastTag is activated. On 22nd, the FastTag was linked to account and car registration number, and I received it by courier on 26th.
Meanwhile, I was able to login to the ICICI FastTag account, and tested a dummy recharge using UPI, which was credited immediately.

Was a smooth experience overall.
Caffeinated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 00:24   #3997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Any update from your end? I am still waiting to add for my 2nd car.
I waited till 27th November. Till then no amount was deducted from my main wallet or from my CUG wallet. I called up ICICI customer care for update. The executive told, it was still not processed even after my 2nd or 3rd application and followup calls. They can see my uploaded documents and my cug balance too. But god knows the reason for their delay. I gave up after 20 days & I asked the executive to cancel the request.

I applied from Paytm on 27th November. It's yet to be shipped. Hoping to get it in 10 days. Lets see.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 03:51   #3998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I have applied for 2 Fastags from ICICI Bank separately for my cars. Is there a provision in the web portal to link them?
Don't think that may be possible as they are already assigned different customer ID's.

I have applied for multiple FASTAG's with the same customer ID by via this
process (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 06:57   #3999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
Buddy Kindly do not be dismissive.
It is a valid point the gentleman is making. Its the agencies of today that are cooking up devious ways to fill their coffers.
Of course FasTag and other digital systems are needed to expedite transport speeds of passengers and goods but it needs to be transparent.
It cannot be allowed to become another mode of corruption and exploitation of the general public, given that its a direct access to our hard earned money.
If you notice, the question is not about reduced wait time, fuel savings, and more digital payments, all of which is a good thing.
It is about the deposit which is more usually than not, never refunded.
Only by asking pertinent questions such as these can change be effected in these systems. One has every right to know where the money is going and what this is being used for.
cheers
If the complaint is about the rollout/implementation not being smooth, ineffective evangelization of the scheme, double-debits, etc, I can understand. Thats traditionally been a typical *Indian* problem. Valid complaint, esp when so much tom-tom is being done about it.

But complaining about the *deposit* is not reasonable. One can think of it going on to cover the various costs involved in this rollout, eg. charges to procure the RFID tag, to procure and install the fixed scanners at all but one lanes in all toll plazas nationwide, handheld scanners at all toll plazas nationwide, etc. These things costs money, right? Why look at a good initiative negatively and spin off conspiracy theories? And before you know it, these theories go viral on whatsapp grps, and we'll always remain a 3rd world country.

Nitin Gadkari is changing *inter-city* roads nationwide (ie. between cities; pls don't blame the state of *within-city* roads on him; it doesn't fall in his jurisdiction), I'd give him that much credit that he isn't out to figure out a scheme to let agencies/banks scam the citizens of India.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 07:48   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I applied on Nov 18th, the Fastag was issued to me on Nov 22nd. But the actual tag was shipped today. Delivery expected on Dec 2nd.

"Your HDFC FASTag shipment was sent on 30-NOV-19 vide Blue Dart"
I had applied through the ICICI iMobile app on 22nd Nov and I got the message on 30th Nov that the tag is dispatched through Bluedart and will be in Chennai by 2nd Dec.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 07:48   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
The journey with the new Fastag is not as per my expectation. The Fastag didn't get automatically detected at all three toll plazas. However hand held scanner neatly scanned the tag. I have pasted it inside the windshield behind IRVM. I will again retry with different locations. I got my tag replaced in one day as I directly contacted the ICICI person who handles Fastag in Mumbai.
Such kind of *implementation* related issues are going to be the biggest problems in FASTag rollout. For the amount of tom-toming the govt did, they should have had 10 second clips on every TV channel (the most watched media) in *all* languages every 6 hours starting from about Oct 1st, where they'd elucidate a different aspect on different clips (to sustain attention span of viewer), such as:

Where to install, how to install, how to recharge online, how to apply online, double toll in case of non-compliance, etc.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 08:00   #4002
Senior - BHPian

My Axis fastag was blacklisted last year due to double/ extra deduction. This was my 3rd faulty transaction out of 4, so I left it in blacklisted status and paid cash the next couple of times.
My car hasnt been to any toll plaza since then, but need to get this fixed.

Is it as simple as making a UPI payment (vehicle reg number@axisbank)?
Or do we need to call customer care to remive the blacklisting and then top up?
Appreciate any assistance/ advice/ clear instructions as I am not around in Pune to get this done myself. Relatives doing this have no experience with fastag.
Old 1st December 2019, 08:36   #4003
BHPian

While I support the initiative, I am not convinced with the technology. There are so many flaws with the system. I don't use the highways much these days and in my occasional travel I have faced the below issues.
1. The most common being the tag not being read automatically. So have been forced to wait for manual scanning more than automatic scanning.
2. The tag didn't read and I paid by cash. But after a while i received a message that amount has been deducted from my tag as well. This happened twice and was not resolved even after placing complaints.
3. For return journeys you are charged single journey charge twice. The discounted rate isn't applied. Again, I had complained but was not resolved.

Given the above experience, I stopped using the tag and have been paying cash. Not sure how things will turn out now. Hoping the issues are sorted.

But as a citizen I would squarely blame the NHAI/ the government for the delay in implementation and the failure to implement a 'robust technology' for a seamless customer experience.

Last edited by Jude300 : 1st December 2019 at 08:40. Reason: Corrections
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 09:51   #4004
Senior - BHPian

Still, I have neither received the Tag nor any reply to my 3 complaints from ICICI.

Suddenly, I remember the Paytm Fastag Tag which was taken by the Tata Dealer when I purchased the Tigor (even that time, Fastag was mandatory for registration). At that time I tried to load documents but Paytm system was not accepting the docs online and I was told to visit any of their local offices. The nearest Paytm office was some 40kms away from home, I didn't try that way because at that time it was not a must for me to use the tag and then I forgot the matter.

Today, I found the Paytm Tag in my file and wanted to try to load the documents again to see if I can use it now. I then logged in to Paytm (I had the password registered previously with them) and it's showing a balance of Rs.150/- available, which means the Fastag is still valid?
Old 1st December 2019, 09:59   #4005
BHPian

Passed through the 3 NHAI toll gates on NH60 yesterday morning.

1 didn't have a Fastag reader at all. This is the oldest toll Naka on that road, no infra upgrade yet.
1 had just a single lane for Fastag, rest were cash and didn't produce the reader when asked for.
The one with the highest toll did let me through when I asked for Fastag but I haven't received any SMS for deduction yet.

I appreciate the initiative but there is a long way to go on the ground.
antz.bin is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed