Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:16   #4051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Quick query: Does a two wheeler too need a fastag to use the NH?
No. All two wheelers are fully exempt on 99.9% of NH.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:43   #4052
BHPian

I got a mandatory fastag for my Mahindra XUV500 from the dealer when I purchased my vehicle. It was issues from ICICI Bank. I am able to login to the portal and able to check the status of my fastag etc. I noticed that instead of registration number, chassis number for my vehicle has been used by the dealer to purchase the fastag. May be this happened before my vehicle was registered. My question - is it okay to continue reloading the balance on this account registered with my chassis number or should I procure a new one with my registration number. Someone told me that I could request for a change in registration number for my existing fastag account to change it from the chassis number to regn number, but I am unable to reach the helpline numbers. Always it is busy. I raised a request/complaint on their portal : https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CU...ntSummary.aspx

a while ago (about a month ago) but this has not been attended to. It is still pending for action from their side - when I check on their portal for the complaint status, it is still in "opened" state.

Any suggestions on what to do next ? Should I just apply for a fresh fastag ?
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:59   #4053
Senior - BHPian

I just got a notification from Airtel thanks App regarding fasttag purchase. Anyone having Airtel connection can purchase Fasttag from airtel thanks app and get 150 rs cashback. Its valid only till today though.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-unnamed.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:15   #4054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
My sixth sense is telling me that it'll be pushed again to the first day of the next year
Sixth sense is a little optimistic my guess was R-Day 2020 or 1st Feb. It'll be a mess if introduced just ahead of the holiday season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
I noticed that instead of registration number, chassis number for my vehicle has been used by the dealer to purchase the fastag.
That's what my car has too. Mine still shows engine-chassis number and commercial=no, and I've been using it for more than a year without issues.
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:31   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
I noticed that instead of registration number, chassis number for my vehicle has been used by the dealer to purchase the fastag.
My Paytm Fastag is using the chassis number since June 2018. The tag has been heavily used, with no issues whatsoever!
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:34   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Received email from Axis Bank - offering free Fastag:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_201912031807411.png

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191203182639.png
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:22   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Quick query: Does a two wheeler too need a fastag to use the NH?
Nope.

Fastag is required for more than 2 wheels only.
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:36   #4058
BHPian

Folks - someone brought up the topic of how fastag handles same day round trips in one of my WhatsApp groups. I was very confident that the current fastag implementation does not have any provision to discount such trips and charges full rates both ways. This is based on what I've experienced first hand at the Manesar toll plaza in Gurgaon. But then, at least two people who live in Chennai pointed out that the second leg of a round trip (within 24 hours) at the same toll plaza is discounted by 50% automatically.

Now I'm totally confused. Should I trust my own experience or should I yell at Hdfc for not discounting my roundtrips?
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:47   #4059
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Now I'm totally confused. Should I trust my own experience or should I yell at Hdfc for not discounting my roundtrips?
Fastag does indeed support same day multiple journeys first time it deducts full one way charge and on return it deducts just the balance needed to achieve the multi journey charge.

That being said, the implementation may not be consistent at all toll plazas. So the Manesar one where you were charged single journey toll both ways, it is possible either the toll doesn't have the multi journey fare at all or it was done erroneously by manual intervention after you passed the toll. In that case, you should raise a complaint with your Fastag provider.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd December 2019 at 19:48.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 02:35   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I've been using Paytm Fastag for a year now and have had no major issue. Only on a recent trip on the Pune Satara road I was charged 4 times for the same toll which was corrected after I raised a ticket.
Hi,
Can you please tell me what procedure you used to raise the ticket. The same thing has happened to someone I know and they were charged thrice for all the Tolls that come between Chandigarh and Delhi. After exhausting the money in the the Wallet and the Fasttag account, the app is still showing pending payments for him. While returning he talked to one of the Toll guys and apparently this had happened with others too on the same night
Old 4th December 2019, 05:38   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is very important if you want to let people know that cash only lane is also there if you want to pay by cash.

Presently, many are mislead that if they pay by cash they need to pay double by default and hence they must have a tag (correct me if I am wrong).
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I've lost count of how many people I've explained this to. And none of them were ready to believe at first.
That was my understanding too, but this TOI article says otherwise. Quoting from the article itself:
Quote:
All lanes at toll plazas will be declared as ‘FASTag lanes from December 15, according to the order. Vehicles without FASTags entering the ETC lane will have to incur twice the toll fee December 15 onwards, NHAI said.
This article clearly points out that non-Fastag users will have no option but to pay double the toll fee, and that ALL lanes will be Fastag-only lanes (no cash lanes).

Source

Last edited by boniver : 4th December 2019 at 05:40.
Old 4th December 2019, 07:31   #4062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Hi,
Can you please tell me what procedure you used to raise the ticket. The same thing has happened to someone I know and they were charged thrice for all the Tolls that come between Chandigarh and Delhi. After exhausting the money in the the Wallet and the Fasttag account, the app is still showing pending payments for him. While returning he talked to one of the Toll guys and apparently this had happened with others too on the same night
It's quite simple. Go to your paytm passbook and click on anyone of the wrong transactions and select the need help option. You will get options to raise a ticket. They are quite prompt and refunded the amount in around a day.
Old 4th December 2019, 08:21   #4063
Distinguished - BHPian

Something that was already mentioned in the FAQs section of certain banks supplying Fastags few years back and we discussed this too but this one is straight from the horse's mouth.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag_rule.jpg

Source: MORTH

We all have experienced this. The infrastructure not functional and we have been asked to pay cash or the tag is fully functional but the system unable to detect it. Toll booth operators although aware of this have simply refused to let us pass the booth without paying!!

I like the point 2 where there is a stress on the fact that the road user must feel reassured and comfortable using these tags.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 09:19   #4064
Senior - BHPian

Update - After long waiting, frist time I am seeing some response from ICICI. They have replied to my first complaint raised on 26th Nov, as under:

'Dear sir, As we are forwarding your details to our concern team for request you to wait for it.' (this was sent on 3rd dec 8:44pm).

Now, as per above message, some one will come and say ''wait for some more days''??
Old 4th December 2019, 09:26   #4065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Now, as per above message, some one will come and say ''wait for some more days''??
Patience is the key. I had spent more than a month to get my money loaded onto the tag due to a failed transaction (Bad data network). The money neither came back to my bank account nor reflected in the tag balance.

ICICI asked me for bank statements which I provided but they took their own sweet time. I was very clear that I don't need a refund as long as the disputed amount is credited into the tag, I was absolutely fine.

Finally, tweeting ICICI is what did the job then.

Most Viewed