Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 07:51   #4171
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I.Till now, which is one hour later, there is no SMS received by me
Just in case you aren't aware, the first s in the acronym sms - when used in the context of FasTag - means slow.

Ergo, the message will come; sometime .

NH75 - FASTAG EXPERIENCE

On my recent journey towards Bengaluru from Hassan, I always entered the dedicated FasTag lane and the barrier opened each time, without fail, at all tolls. Except of course in Nelamangala toll where the handheld scanner was brought out for everyone.

While coming back, it was a mad rush at Nelamangala toll and I had to pass through a non dedicated lane; hand scanner was used this time too.

At Solur, Bellur and Kadaballi toll plazas, I was encouraged by the guards to use ANY of the lanes as all of them were FasTag enabled. I passed unhindered. At Shantigrama though, I was forced to backtrack from a non - ready lane: the alternative was to pay by cash. On enquiry, I was disbursed the gyan that it isn't 15/12 yet and hence I have to wait for a seamless exit!
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 09:09   #4172
Senior - BHPian

Today is the 26th day since I applied one with ICICI and still to receive the tag. On 6th December, I was told that my Tag is ready and being couriered on the same day. The next day I have asked them to confirm the despatch with courier details, but no response except that yesterday they sent me an email advising that ''We are looking to your concern and we will update you the status on or before December 12, 2019. ''
Old 10th December 2019, 10:43   #4173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
In continuation
This is weird. Can anyone share inputs?
Don't worry this happened to me many times in last two years. Whenever system doesn't accept tag just show that you have balance in it and they let you through.
Old 10th December 2019, 11:12   #4174
BHPian

Returned from a trip to Hyderabad yesterday. Noticed that most of the people are still paying cash. There was only one toll station on the way that was strictly sending all the cash users to 2 cash lanes and had multiple lanes open for fast tag. I was the only guy using the fast tag lane and there were around 20 vehicles in the cash queues at this toll.

Fast tag worked fine at most of the toll gates, except for one where I had to back out of the lane and go to another. At another toll gate, I had to pay cash, as the lane that I entered didn't have the fast tag reader.

I have a feeling that the December 15 deadline will be extended further. People who use the highways infrequently may not be aware of Fast tag, and not everyone uses digital payment methods to recharge their accounts.
Newpunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 13:23   #4175
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of people going for HDFC and ICICI now-a-days.

I must say that the experience of getting a TAG issued from Equitas has been seamless for me this time too. I recently got a TAG for our city -only car and it was delivered within 10 days. Recharged it using the <netc.reg#@equitas> UPI through BHIM and used it a week later to drive from Jaipur to Kota and back. No hassles anywhere.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 14:57   #4176
BHPian

I have used up the initial ₹200 on my HDFC Fastag and their portal won't let me register the Fastag.

So, i tried to recharge it using the MyFastag app using Google Pay UPI payment to 'netc.mhxxxxxxxx@hdfcbank' with a nominal amount but there was no confirmation / SMS or anything of that sort. The status on Google pay is a green tick mark but the fine print says that "Payments may take upto 3 working days to reflect in the account".

It has been 38 hours since I did the recharge, i tried passing through a toll gate but it called my Fastag as 'Blacklisted'.

I have to pass through 3 toll gates twice a week and this is getting frustrating now. I have no idea how i recharge it reliably. Request the group to please guide.
Old 10th December 2019, 15:03   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I have used up the initial ₹200 on my HDFC Fastag and their portal won't let me register the Fastag.
Call 18001201243 between 10 to 4 on weekdays. They helped me create my login.

As for MyFastag app, I don't know about it. You could ask the same helpline.
madhavgpai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 15:11   #4178
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

In further continuation to my posts last night and this morning, I have been able to request the cancellation along with providing requisite proofs etc, for one of my FasTags on account of that vehicle having been sold off.

The other vehicle (the beater) FasTag is in operation. Basis this early morning’s joyride and the circumstances encountered which I have recounted earlier today, I just got an SMS talking about the debit of Toll amount for my RETURN journey. There has been no debit for the ONWARD journey so I guess that journey was given to me FOC.

Oh, and just for info, my whole FasTag thingy is facilitated by Equitas - they’ve been very responsive indeed to all my queries and demands so far.

Soon I shall need to get the new fresh FasTag for my new daily use vehicle, in which I am more likely to attack the highways/ tollways.

Right now, I’m using the previous owner’s FasTag because he asked me to use up and exhaust the significant amount balance available in it and then get myself a new one.

Coming back to the other question - is it true that they will be completely dispensing with Cash Toll Stations/ Booth’s in the near future? Is this even practical in this country?

Any inputs will be welcome.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 15:31   #4179

I just got all my vehicles Fastagged and the whole process seems unnecessarily cumbersome.
If the intent was simply to collect toll efficiently.
The tag could have been a simple cash purchase from a petrol pump or a grocery store and stuck on your windshield ?
This system works everywhere globally. what's the need to link it to a specific vehicle , a drivers license, bank account,PAN card etc.
The system is unnecessarily complicated and doesn't really change or add to the Toll collection objective
Xantos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 17:48   #4180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Today is the 26th day since I applied one with ICICI and still to receive the tag. On 6th December, I was told that my Tag is ready and being couriered on the same day.''
I am in a similar boat, albeit with PayTM FASTag. My FASTag is ready and packed since 4th December but is still "Waiting for Courier pickup" since a week now.

Worst part is the customer care number is so busy that even after waiting more than 20 mins for couple of times I have not spoken to any human yet.

Online tickets are completely ignored and have not received any call back from them yet.

Moreover, the order is with no cancellation or refund policy.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 18:56   #4181
Senior - BHPian

Luckily, I got the customer care executive today afternoon on the phone (first time since last 26 days). I was happy that I got connected in 2nd try, but I was put on hold for almost 10 minutes before the executive came on line. After hearing my complaint immediately he gave me the tag number, activation date, balance amount, etc. (which I already have it). but when I asked the whereabouts of the tag he don't have a quick answer, but told me that the tag will definitely reach me within this week.

Nothing much to shout at him hence kept the phone down after giving a warning that if I don't receive the tag before this Saturday, I will cancel the account. Hope, It will reach to me in a couple of days.?
Old 10th December 2019, 21:08   #4182
BHPian

The only way to get ICICI to move, is to relentlessly call. No action had happened for 10 days after the online account creation, so last week after a marathon effort of dialing the Toll number, I managed to speak to an agent, and few hours later a Tag Number was assigned. I waited another week for the dispatch, since there was no sign, again patiently tried a few hours today evening. After haranguing the agent for 20 min and then escalating to the Manager, they have done the needful, and I got the AWB for the courier.
Old 10th December 2019, 22:55   #4183
BHPian

Paytm is normally quite efficient, but this time have messed up my FasTag .

The Tag is issued to my vehicle and it reflects in the app, but...I have got a refund and the tag is still active ! To add to the mess I haven't received it and i can't apply for another tag either because i can't cancel this one. This saga has been going on for a month with no working customer service.
Old 11th December 2019, 08:30   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post

So, i tried to recharge it using the MyFastag app using Google Pay UPI payment to 'netc.mhxxxxxxxx@hdfcbank' with a nominal amount but there was no confirmation / SMS or anything of that sort. The status on Google pay is a green tick mark but the fine print says that "Payments may take upto 3 working days to reflect in the account".

It has been 38 hours since I did the recharge, i tried passing through a toll gate but it called my Fastag as 'Blacklisted'.

I have to pass through 3 toll gates twice a week and this is getting frustrating now. I have no idea how i recharge it reliably. Request the group to please guide.
I too have one vehicle with HDFC Bank Fastag as that is what the dealer decided. Their systems are primitive with respect to Fastag. The UPI option works but it takes almost a week for the payment to reflect on the Fastag account. Alternate is to create your login account and use that portal to re-charge the Fastag. The credit to the Fastag through this method is instantaneous.
Old 11th December 2019, 10:00   #4185
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
The Tag is issued to my vehicle and it reflects in the app, but...I have got a refund and the tag is still active ! To add to the mess I haven't received it and i can't apply for another tag either because i can't cancel this one. This saga has been going on for a month with no working customer service.
I'm in the same boat as you. The order was cancelled by the paytm seller, stating due to missing details (which I already provided like, RC copy) and the money got refunded. Now, Rs 150 is still shows added to fastag and does that mean that my fastag is linked to vehicle?
Whoever ordered before 1st Dec had a discount offered, Not sure if it's a ploy by the seller to pocket the discount price.
The query to the customer service is still open without action

Most Viewed