Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 11:12   #4186
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

My cousin had ordered for PayTM FasTag on 22nd November and he is yet to receive it. Worst issue is that they have gone incommunicado.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20191211wa0008__01__01.jpg

On the other hand, my brother got it in a span of a week.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:28   #4187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. The order was cancelled by the paytm seller, stating due to missing details (which I already provided like, RC copy) and the money got refunded. Now, Rs 150 is still shows added to fastag and does that mean that my fastag is linked to vehicle?
Whoever ordered before 1st Dec had a discount offered, Not sure if it's a ploy by the seller to pocket the discount price.
The query to the customer service is still open without action

I ordered mine on 4th of November. No discounts then. Full ₹ 500, and then reimbursed. Re-uploaded RC several times to no avail.

To answer your question, yes its linked and active. Just needs to be delivered to us.
Ash_vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:47   #4188
Senior - BHPian

Update on using Fastag for the first time:

So I did a Noida-Corbett trip this weekend and used the Paytm Fastag for the first time. I had to cross toll 6 times and faced problem (a rather irritating one) only once:

(I have my tag stuck to the passenger side (top) of the windshield and it got detected without any issues.

1. Chhajarsi Toll (which is after you cross Gaziabad): Amount: INR 125/-. No issues in detecting the tag.

2. Brijghat Toll: Amount: INR 55/-. While going to Corbett there were no issues. However, while coming back, the toll guy said my card is blacklisted. Another guy came with a hand held scanner and gave the same response. I was a bit skeptical but had to pay cash. After 30 min I checked my Paytm App and found out that the money was deducted from my Fastag as well. Immediately wrote to Paytm with a picture of the receipt from toll plaza but no response yet. Its been more than 3 days now. Paytm has usually been like this. They just DO NOT RESPOND.

3. Joya Toll: Amount: INR 40/-. This was good too. No issue in deduction.

Now coming to bigger issue. All the 6 times I approached the tolls, the queue was really long. I did not save any time because of the Tag. The lines were really long and most people were paying cash. We lost a lot of time because of the long lines. There were no dedicated Fastag lanes either. So overall an average experience. Hope it gets better.

Last edited by Pancham : 11th December 2019 at 11:49.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 12:04   #4189
Senior - BHPian

My i10 has a 3 digit registration number, and the no plate was made with just three nos without a preceding zero (Ex. KA-03 MA 2X3). Do you think I need to get the plat redone with leading Zero while applying for the Fastag (assuming Fastag registration will accept only with 4 nos)

I am apprehensive since the toll booth guy raised objection once in NICE quoting the Ecard registration has a 4 Digit no including leading Zero.
Old 11th December 2019, 12:22   #4190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My i10 has a 3 digit registration number, and the no plate was made with just three nos without a preceding zero (Ex. KA-03 MA 2X3). Do you think I need to get the plat redone with leading Zero while applying for the Fastag (assuming Fastag registration will accept only with 4 nos)

I am apprehensive since the toll booth guy raised objection once in NICE quoting the Ecard registration has a 4 Digit no including leading Zero.

Whatever registration number your car's RTO registration card bears, the number plate should also have the same WITHOUT any change.
mercedised is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 12:25   #4191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is that going to be a problem?

I was not aware of this. My car registration number also in 3 digits and my number plate shows only 3 digits without the '0'. ICICI had already issued me the Fastag without asking any questions on the registration number (customer ID & Tag number also provided) and only waiting for the Tag to arrive.
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 13:08   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Is that going to be a problem?
For using Fastag, it may not be a problem. But it will be a problem when a cop decides that it is a problem.
madhavgpai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 14:23   #4193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My i10 has a 3 digit registration number
All new cars from December 2017 have been Fastagged at dealer level. These cars only the engine-chassis associated. They'll have a license plate number only if the owner decided to associate.

My current car is that way for 13 months and I found this out accidentally about 2 weeks back trying to recharge by Google Pay
narayans80 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 14:31   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

2. Brijghat Toll: Amount: INR 55/-. While going to Corbett there were no issues. However, while coming back, the toll guy said my card is blacklisted. Another guy came with a hand held scanner and gave the same response. I was a bit skeptical but had to pay cash. After 30 min I checked my Paytm App and found out that the money was deducted from my Fastag as well. Immediately wrote to Paytm with a picture of the receipt from toll plaza but no response yet. Its been more than 3 days now. Paytm has usually been like this. They just DO NOT RESPOND.
Are you sure the toll guys did not con you? Your tag was read perfectly and still these guys said it wasn't working.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 14:44   #4195
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

My car also has a 3 digit number on its number plate. As I said before, I’m using the previous owners FasTag which is presently pasted on the windshield because there is a good amount of balance in that FasTag and he asked me to use it up.
Whenever I do actually get a fresh FasTag for this vehicle, I guess I shall have to register it with the VIN No rather than the License Plate No.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 15:41   #4196
BHPian

Read this article about Fastag on rediff today. I am wondering about the quality of the RFID chips used in the tags.

I have bought my fastag from equitas bank, they are super efficient in delivering them in max 48 hrs. But when it comes to using the tag at toll booths, 80% of the time the tag isn't read automatically by the over head readers. The attendant has to then fetch the hand held reader and scan the tag.

so a predicted life span of 5 years seems to be dependent on who has manufactured the RFID chip being used in the tag.
Old 11th December 2019, 15:53   #4197
BHPian

I came here to write about how I too have been waiting for an eternity for my HDFC Fasttag post payment of Rs. 500.

However, I can see that getting one in no way guarantees peace of mind and savings on time.

It seems like a getting a metro-style prepaid card with a scanner at the toll gate would have been far far simpler and easier to implement.
Old 11th December 2019, 16:20   #4198
BHPian

I got my Fastag powered by ICICI bank via portal (as I am an ICICI account holder), the process of getting Fastag was pretty simple and it was done in less than 10 minutes. Got my tag almost instantly. The activation took 48 hours and they charged 500/- per tag (I took two as I have 2 vehicles).

100/- was for card
200/- Security Deposit (will be used at tolls after the main balance gets exhausted)
200/- Actual balance

I took my first ride to Vijayawada and the first toll was Pantangi Plaza where there was a dedicated line for the Fastag holders but as usual people who didn't have Fastag's also used this lane causing us to idle for no reason. Finally our turn came and obviously the scanner scanned the tag but the balance has been deducted twice.

Another instance, my Fastag got scanned and the vehicle behind me was approved to go, but I had to pay the money.

Too many technical glitches, rectification and automation will take considerable time IMHO.
Sasanka_Sanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 16:21   #4199
BHPian

I finally got my ICICI Fastag today, after a huge amount of follow up. I am encasing it in a soft plastic cover and attaching that to the windshield, so it can be moved, removed if needed without damaging the TAG.
I have a highway trip coming up on 21-29 Dec BLR-Pondicherry-Velankanni-Rameswaram-Blr with lot of NH 44,77,32,87 tolls, will update the experience of using the FASTAG.
paragpatankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 18:09   #4200
BHPian

Well, I've ordered fastag from Paytm for my two cars. One was ordered on 25 November, other one on 1 December.

Within few days, a wallet was created and Rs 300/- amount (150 each) was credited to that wallet. After 5 days, a TagID was generated for each car.

It is 11th December today, and the tags are still not dispatched. Tried contacting the customer care through chats/mails/phone and you only get this as response "Your shipment could not be dispatched by the seller on time. We are trying our best to get it dispatched to you as soon as possible".

Also reading reviews on the Paytm Mall website about their fast tag, they are goofing up the deliveries as well. I've read comments where customers are receiving tags with different licence no. and people are facing issues in getting hold of the customer care.

I just hope they deliver on time and don't goof up the delivery as being reported in the reviews.
rish_arora is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed