Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 20:38   #4291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

All of a sudden, I got cash back for 3 months for FasTag use today afternoon. The months are July, August and September. No idea why this was done suddenly.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20191216165445__01__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 20:41   #4292
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday when I returned to Bengaluru from Hassan I experienced the "first day" of Fastag (note that I've been using fastag for 4-5 years now). This NH75 is basically a 4 lane dual carriageway highway.

500mts before the toll gates, traffic cones and barricades separated the road with the left lane for cash and right one for Fastag. The left one led the vehicles to a single cash lane while the right one later diverged into 4-6 lanes of fastag. This was a nice way to separate the lanes IMO. But being the first day and being a Sunday the lanes were chaotic and both cash and fastag lanes were equally slow.

At the First toll that we encountered (Shantigrama)cash lane was faster. The next toll (Devihalli/Kirisave) and this was a Chaotic toll too. We took the cash lane even though we had balance in our fastag. It was neither fast nor slow, but we could still pay using Fastag. The next toll at Bellur cross was almost empty and we passed without any issues.

All in all, I feel things might improve in the next days...Christmas and New year weekend will be a test of this.
Old 16th December 2019, 21:07   #4293
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Why in the world would someone operate like this, beats me.
The answer is fleet operators. Someone in the office is in charge of managing the expenses and that person would recharge the CUG wallet and then transfer smaller amounts to each vehicle in the fleet as and when necessary.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 21:36   #4294
Team-BHP Support

Anyone noticed that the SMS alerts have been disabled. My car did not ping when going to the airport. Neither did the i10 during its trip to Coimbatore
Old 16th December 2019, 23:00   #4295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
The tag. A lot time ago before UPI the only option was to transfer funds to the wallet and then to the specific tag.

Once my tag got blacklisted because I recharged my wallet and forgot to transfer to the tag. So recharging the wallet alone is not enough.

The Wallet is mainly for these large tour operators who would like to transfer money at once and then allocate to the specific vehicles based on the usage. It used to be an irritating additional step for us single car users.

However now you can directly recharge your tag using any UPI app using netc.vehicleno@icici
Thanks - Yes, I got it. Will recharge to the Tag account only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Are you using the latest version of the app? I dont have ICICIs fastag, but I'm an ICICI Customer. In the app, once you login, open "Bill pay, > FASTag". In this, you'll find the recharge tab. Your options I find are "Recharge vehicle" and "recharge tag wallet". Pick your choice.
Yes, I have the latest version of the ICICI Fastag app. which do not have the options as you mentioned. However, after reading all these replies things are clear now. (I am also an ICICI customer and I can even pay directly from my ICICI SB account to the Fastag Tag account)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There is basically just one Fastag account which is identified by the Account Id. Under this, logically it has balance placeholders for a "wallet" and each tag(one per vehicle) that is associated with this ICICI Fastag account Id.

If you recharge the wallet, the balance goes into the "CUG wallet" which is typically used by fleet operators or those with more that one tag and then they can move the required amounts from the wallet to individual tags using the balance transfer feature. For a retail/domestic user like most of us, this isn't very useful, so I always directly recharge the tag (I have 2, one for each car).

So, I would think your choice should be Recharge Tag account
Quote:
Yes, it is confusing. My understanding (gleaned from this forum) is:
>>
CUG is like a reserve, in the sense: In case tag account balance is low, you can xfer from CUG wallet to TAG account.
>>

Why in the world would someone operate like this, beats me.

So I make it a point to never recharge to CUG account. Instead I always recharge to TAG account.
Thanks both of you, Yes. Now I am clear in my mind. Will recharge only the Tag account.
Old 17th December 2019, 02:00   #4296
BHPian

Quote:
So I make it a point to never recharge to CUG account. Instead I always recharge to TAG account.
I have a ICICI Fastag account.

How do you recharge the tag account directly, bypassing the CUG?
Old 17th December 2019, 06:20   #4297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I have a ICICI Fastag account.

How do you recharge the tag account directly, bypassing the CUG?
UPI is easiest. Please scan through the last few pages of this thread.

So many responses on this. If you are using any of the UPI Apps(BHIM, G-Pay, PayTM etc) you can directly recharge to Tag account using the UPI format "netc.vehiclenumber@icici" and the amount directly credits to your tag. There is a similar format for recharging to CUG as well.

The other way to do it is of course using ICICI portal on the browser or even the ICICI Fastag App. But the easiest and quickest is UPI.
Old 17th December 2019, 06:57   #4298
BHPian

I have a SBI fastag that came with my new car. Being a new car, only the VIN is linked with the fastag. I need the RC number also to be linked to the tag. How can it be done? I find no option to do so in the SBI online portal.

PS: I need to link the RC number to be able to avail local pass for a toll very close to my house.
Old 17th December 2019, 08:34   #4299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Anyone here who has purchased this from HDFC's website and got the same delivered?
I purchased it from their website on 14th Nov 2019 and it was finally delivered yesterday(16th Dec 2019) after a lot of escalations to the nodal officer.

No one seemed to have any idea of the status or why it was delayed. I was told that they have outsourced the entire fastag thing to some third party and no one in HDFC bank has any control over it.
Old 17th December 2019, 08:51   #4300
BHPian

Hi,
I’m using the SBI Fastag for the 2nd time. The tag had a balance of Rs.55 and the toll fee was Rs.45 (infact Rs.25 considering multiple entry) but the display said Tag is Blacklisted and when the operator scanned the tag using handheld device he said it is saying no balance.
Anyone using SBI Fastag please enlighten me whether should I maintain a fixed minimum balance excluding toll fee.
Old 17th December 2019, 09:44   #4301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Anyone noticed that the SMS alerts have been disabled
Yes, SMS alerts have stopped.
Travelled from Pondy to Kerala Via Trichy, Dindigul, Kumily, passing multiple tolls in TN, in the FASTag lane. Did not get any SMS alerts.
I have been using HDFC FASTag for almost 18 months now and used to SMS alerts earlier.
Old 17th December 2019, 11:44   #4302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Anyone noticed that the SMS alerts have been disabled. My car did not ping when going to the airport. Neither did the i10 during its trip to Coimbatore
Unsure. At least for ICICI, I got both a SMS and an email (new, started very recently) till 6 December at KIAL toll - will be using again on 19th night and will update.
Old 17th December 2019, 11:47   #4303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Hi,
I’m using the SBI Fastag for the 2nd time. The tag had a balance of Rs.55 and the toll fee was Rs.45 (infact Rs.25 considering multiple entry) but the display said Tag is Blacklisted and when the operator scanned the tag using handheld device he said it is saying no balance.
Anyone using SBI Fastag please enlighten me whether should I maintain a fixed minimum balance excluding toll fee.
See my earlier pose, quoted below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
I have a SBI fastag that came with my new car. Being a new car, only the VIN is linked with the fastag. I need the RC number also to be linked to the tag. How can it be done? I find no option to do so in the SBI online portal.

PS: I need to link the RC number to be able to avail local pass for a toll very close to my house.
Take a photocopy of your RC and a frontal photo (soft copy) of the car with number plates clearly visible to your branch. Some other office within SBI has to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Always maintain expected toll amount plus at least Rs 100 balance.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 17th December 2019 at 11:50.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 11:50   #4304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
UPI is easiest. Please scan through the last few pages of this thread.
I want to know if someone has tried recharging tags for vehicles which have 9 characters in their registration numbers instead of 10. For instance, Meghalaya currently only has 9 character registration (ML-0X-XXXX). We're sitting on U series in Shillong at the moment and the other DTOs are further behind.

I know that with Axis Bank, we cannot recharge 9 character regns via UPI.

What about ICICI Bank?
Old 17th December 2019, 11:56   #4305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Hi,
The fastag gets blacklisted if the balance goes below Rs 150. That's the minimum amount one needs to maintain. I don't think there is any one way toll in India which is more than 150 so I guess this is to make sure the balance can never go negative.

Here is where the paytm tag is I think a bit better than other tags because as long as you have balance in the main wallet it will ensure you always have atleast 150 in the fastag.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed