Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2019, 18:29   #4411
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I have an upcoming long drive tomorrow; so I tried recharging the tag from Axis Bank through UPI today evening. It is one hour since the transaction was made and it is yet to be reflected in their website. It was instant when I tried recharging through UPI with Re. 1 about a month back.

When I checked through the website how I recharged it during my last trip, I noticed it was through IMPS. So I made an another transaction through IMPS from ICICI, it was reflecting in their website instantly.

Not sure when the UPI transaction is going to be reflected in the account!
Old 22nd December 2019, 20:19   #4412
Distinguished - BHPian

Was apprehensive on this FASTag and with a scheduled trip to Kerala, has applied for it on 9th using Paytm. Added to wallet on 20th after the tag arriving on 15th.

Done the trip on 21st, passed 6 tolls, worked seamlessly and was impressive. Cash counter lanes were packed and a few did have to use the hand scanner.

But on checking found they have debited more than needed and have raised a complaint. Lets see their response.

Here is how it is fixed on the front glass( S Cross)

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1.png

And the payments,

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20191222wa0011.jpg
Old 22nd December 2019, 22:25   #4413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

But on checking found they have debited more than needed and have raised a complaint. Lets see their response.
Something similar happened to a known person. This was his first experience with FasTag and he has got money deducted thrice.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20191222wa0005__01.jpg
Old 23rd December 2019, 08:08   #4414
BHPian

Timings in the last two debits seem to be different. How come there may be an instruction to the system at two different times for the same tag no. Should we be expecting an issue with the Tag's supplied having duplicate data?

On a different note, Govt has achieved the target of increasing the price as a, in the intention of crossing the toll plaza can easily miss the raise in toll until we receive the message or check the transactions. We aren't paying the toll in cash and that physical attention is gone.
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:15   #4415
BANNED

Seems like the toll plaza staff think no FASTag / non-working tag is the default. Yesterday, 22/12/19, I took the NH96yA aka "Container Road", connecting Kalamassery to the Vallarpadam ICTT. We were returning from Kuzhupilly beach. The toll was introduced 3-4 months back, and I had passed this way within the first couple of days. Thee was no FASTag then Yesterday, there were total 4 counters, and only 1 took cash. I was drowsy, and had told my wife to stick to middle lane. It seems that a guy with a "Cash" board jumped in front and she had to turn to the left most lane. She or my son, in the front seat did not have the presence of mind to point out the tag, and since it was dark, with the headlights too on, the poor fellow could not see the tag also. Knowing the tantrums people throw in the non-cash lane, we took it in our stride. Anyway, the 3-4 cars in front of us took their sweet time. Amusing.

BTW, my wife is familiar with this thread and kept a truck's length distance from the vehicle in front. Mentioning this for the kind attention of those members complaining of multiple toll deductions. Did you keep the distance?

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd December 2019 at 17:59. Reason: Punctuation, language
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:26   #4416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Something similar happened to a known person.
My last Pune-Goa trip was super smooth with Fastag. Was happy to cross Khed-Shivpur toll plaza just outside of Pune under 5 min.

Also, quiet happy to see, toll employees were working hard in directing non-tag users away from Fastag lanes.

Regarding overcharge, would it be possible for you to go to your linked Fastag wallet section in your Paytm app and check the toll plaza name/id, your vehicle details, lane number and time also? Are the details the same for both the actual and ghost charges?

Sorry, if it is a lot of trouble. Just curious to know, how the over charges are recorded in the system, so that I can also be extra careful in future.
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:37   #4417
BHPian

Update from my side. The fraudulent debits continue. Just got two SMS alerts from Telangana again. The HDFC guys did refund some of the previous debits though after a "very thorough" investigation that lasted a few months at least!

Meantime, my own tag was not detected at Khanivade and Charoti toll plazas this past weekend. It worked on one plaza heading north, then not for the next. On the way back it worked for one and not for the other. Can't tell if a tag problem, or a booth problem or a HDFC problem.

Edited to Add: A total of 15 Fraudulent Debits till date on my tag.
Old 23rd December 2019, 13:24   #4418
Senior - BHPian

Scrolled a few pages, didn't see this information discussed here.
Where exactly to stick the tag? Exactly behind the IRVM or slightly left of the mirror? I have seen the tag stuck in both fashion. Is there any mandate on that positioning?
Old 23rd December 2019, 13:46   #4419
BHPian

Seems like it's going to be a saga of complaints and redressals directed to the NHAI. I faced an issue in one of the tolls in MH, wherein the display, though read as "Valid Tag", the boom barrier didn't open. The operator called over another attendant with a manual scanner and let me pass after scanning. I then see 2 deductions for Rs.75/- in my PayTM statement. :(
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_201912231340062.png  

Old 23rd December 2019, 13:57   #4420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Where exactly to stick the tag? Exactly behind the IRVM or slightly left of the mirror? I have seen the tag stuck in both fashion. Is there any mandate on that positioning?
See here the instructions recieved from Paytm:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-dsc09388.jpg

It says that ''paste sticker at the centre of the windshield behind rear view mirror from inside with customer care number facing the driver''
Old 23rd December 2019, 15:10   #4421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
Edited to Add: A total of 15 Fraudulent Debits till date on my tag.
Two more. So 4 wrong debits on my tag today itself. Has anybody tried to move a tag wallet/balance from one provider to another? I'm done with this bank
Old 23rd December 2019, 15:12   #4422
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Why are you tolerating this? Stop loading money into the tag / wallet..
Old 23rd December 2019, 15:17   #4423
Senior - BHPian

Re: Removable FastTag sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I put it on a transparent sheet of plastic (like a lamination) I found in the house, and cut it to shape. I stick it using a piece of clear tape whenever necessary. Once I forgot sticking the tag before hand but it worked when i just placed it on the dash. Guards at the toll entry were surprised when I waved the tag at them. Probably they were expecting it on the windshield.
Exactly what I am planning to do. Wrap it in clingwrap without even removing the clear plastic protecting the gummy side and either use tape to fix it to the windshield or probably just place it on the dash/wave it at the manual scanner till they sort out this whole mess.
Old 23rd December 2019, 17:25   #4424
Senior - BHPian

Another masterpiece from Axis Bank. Today I used my credit card to charge the tag for Rs.2000/- after learning that they goofed up last time with NEFT transfer. Transaction went through and Axis portal showed "Transaction Unsuccessful" message popup. Ok. I was behind my credit card bank HDFC to get the transaction ID since I got a message saying Rs.2000/- are already deducted from card. I called HDFC and got to know for successful transaction it takes 24 hours to get the ID. Axis bank would ask for this ID for any reversal. Had to wait but in another 15 min got a message Rs. 2000/- added to fastag from Axis people. Just to verify I logged in to their portal and it was there indeed.
Should I call this as an act of sheer mismanagement or their software testing team did a lousy job certifying unsuccessful message for successful transaction (Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd December 2019 at 18:18. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:41   #4425
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove to Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar and in short, all my apprehensions about Fastag issues post mandatory usage were laid to rest.

Famed Hubli Dharwad "Bypass" should also get Fastag soon as per this flex board placed at the booth.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20191223_193704.jpg

One of the booths around Ankleshwar where you see how Fastag and Cash is managed.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20191223_193803.jpg

Except Kolhapur Pune (mainly Kini, Taswade and Anewadi) , the booths right from Bangalore to Ahmedabad were very well managed even with the holiday rush.

Mumbai Ahmedabad was managed better overall mainly for the amount of truck and car traffic that is witnessed here.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd December 2019 at 19:47.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks