Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2019, 21:14   #4441
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
In one of the toll plaza, i was told that my fastag was blacklisted due to insufficient balance (i had ₹500 in wallet) and to pay in cash. I paid in cash and in about 5 mins, i got a notification stating money deduced from wallet for the same toll plaza. I raised a complaint in their app providing all necessary information and no updates from them for the past ten days. Their 24*7 help sucks! Overall a mixed experience.
It's a scam! Just do NOT fall for it. Call the NHAI number 1033 and speak to them at the toll. They will sort this out for you. NEVER pay, when you have sufficient balance in the tag.

Last edited by JMaruru : 24th December 2019 at 21:37.
JMaruru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 09:12   #4442
BHPian

Another use of Fastag-

PUNE: FASTag toll deduction alerts and the GPS installed in a stolen SUV of a city-based builder helped police recover it from Thane in a couple of hours on Monday morning.
The builder, Rajendra Jagtap (56) from Karvenagar, received two FASTag alerts — first at 4.38am when Rs35 was deducted at Talegaon toll plaza and the second around 5.50am about the deduction of Rs35 near Panvel on Pune-Mumbai highway.
Jagtap was sleeping when the first alert reached him. He saw the second while checking the messages in his cellphone after waking up. He immediately rushed out and saw his SUV was missing. Wasting no time, he reported the matter to police.
Police immediately swung into action and tracked Jagtap’s stolen SUV using the GPS (Global Positioning System). The thieves fled abandoning the vehicle near Hiranandani Estate along the Ghodbandar Road in Thane around 8am.

Source
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 10:26   #4443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Another use of Fastag-
[...]
Police immediately swung into action and tracked Jagtap’s stolen SUV using the GPS (Global Positioning System).
Use of Fastag or use of GPS?

(I use a poor man's GPS solution to ensure I know where my car is all the time).
Old 25th December 2019, 10:45   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Use of Fastag or use of GPS?

(I use a poor man's GPS solution to ensure I know where my car is all the time).
In this case both. Fastag alerted him and GPS helped to trace.
Old 25th December 2019, 10:59   #4445
BHPian

Regarding this common scam of telling your Fastag is blacklisted, due to any reason, is there a way to check the status on the spot and show to the attendant? This way we can expose their trick and ask to let us go? If his system is wrong then he has to fix it rather than ask the commuter to pay cash.
Old 25th December 2019, 11:35   #4446
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Regarding this common scam of telling your Fastag is blacklisted, due to any reason, is there a way to check the status on the spot and show to the attendant? This way we can expose their trick and ask to let us go? If his system is wrong then he has to fix it rather than ask the commuter to pay cash.
The display? It should NOT show a valid tag as blacklisted, unless the plaza operator conceives / authorises its staff.
Old 25th December 2019, 11:57   #4447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
It is better to have app installed on your mobile of the bank whose tag you are using. In this way you can show them balance in your tag when you approach the toll plaza. Other way is in case you have ICICI fastag, they have dedicated number on which you have to give missed call and balance will be sent on your mobile. Or call 1033.
Old 25th December 2019, 12:06   #4448
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Equitas fastag for from ~2016, it was working fine. Sometime around July-Aug 2019 i got a message to do a KYC and i coudnt recharge the fastag account without KYC. As i had no upcoming highway trip, i didnt bothered doing it. Then sept last week i applied for KYC and gave all the docs required in the equitas bank. They said it will take one week. I kepy following it up and visited the branch at least 3-4 times, giving the documents again in nov last week. Finally got fed up and applied fastag from icici bank and received it in 1 week time. At the same time equitas also finished KYC(took almost 3 months). Anyway i have removed equitas fastag and installed icici one. Tested it last week and its working fine. Removing the fastag was really difficult, very strong glue. Have given account closure request to equitas, dunno how long they are going to take.
Old 25th December 2019, 12:12   #4449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Here's what I have done so far:
  1. Raised a Dispute Transaction service request on HDFC FasTag website.
  2. Called toll free number multiple times (I doubt if its manned at all)
  3. Called 1033. No one answered the call. (MoRTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched 1033 helpline number for addressing FASTag complaints at toll plaza level.)
  4. Have tweeted to @HDFCBank_Cares. No response yet.
  5. Have written an email to my HDFC relationship manager
I have done #1, 2, 4.

Also tweeted to MORTH and Mr. Nitin Gadkari. Now will try calling 1033.

Just wanted to add more details for my case, the double toll charge has happened at Moshi Toll Plaza when I had already paid toll for that stretch of toll road at Chandoli Toll Plaza

The minister has to understand the total lifetime time spent on the activity instead of just trying to reduce the time spent in queue. Maybe then we will get better thought out solutions.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 21:46   #4450
sbm
BHPian

Hello guys,

After reading many reviews, I ordered Paytm Fast Tag on 2nd of Dec. After a long delay, they delivered it on the 21st. Now I dont know how to register this fast tag to my car's registration number because they didn't ask for reg.no. at the time of purchasing the tag. I can't get a hold of their customer case as they are not responding on the app 24x7 help section and their toll free number is always busy. Anyone else facing similar problem with Paytm Fast tag?
Old 26th December 2019, 07:02   #4451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Walked in with Aadhar, PAN and RC card and Paytm Balance of Rs.500 and walked out with Fastag in 10 min. Today morning it is ACTIVE already and ready to go
Had the first experience with Fastag yesterday

1) I had pasted it similar to suggestions here, stick it on a mobile screen guard and pasted it on windscreen.
2) Topped up with RS.500 balance in Paytm Wallet.
3) Had to cross Paranur toll plaza - 2 lanes fastag and 3 lanes were cash lanes. I did drive in slowly and Fastag worked fine. Did not had to come to full halt.
4) SMS reached in 15 min both sides. Was charged Rs.60 onwards and Rs.30 return (after 4 hours)

Good experience
Old 26th December 2019, 07:59   #4452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Had the first experience with Fastag yesterday

Good experience
Something similar. I am en route Kanyakumari and have crossed 3 tolls as of now. Super cool experience except at one place where the car next to me did not have fastag and caused long delay in passing the gate by paying cash.
As of now I call it as just a "tag" and once everybody uses I will call it a real "fastag"
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 08:24   #4453
BANNED

Stolen Mahindra Scorpio recovered in 5 hours – Thanks to FASTag.
Quote:
Many are still unaware of the actual advantages of FASTag over regular toll payments. However, the Pune police department was able to catch a stolen vehicle within a few hours from the time of crime commitment using FASTag data; thus sharing an added advantage of the same.

The Mahindra Scorpio, bought brand-new in August, was stolen from a city-based builder from Karvenagar, named Rajendra Jagtap. According to official reports, Jagtap received two FASTag deduction alerts of Rs 35 on Monday (23/12/19): 4:38am from Talegaon toll booth and 5:50am from Panvel (on Pune-Mumbai highway). Being the early hours of the day, Jagtap was sleeping when his phone pinged the first alert. By the time the second alert came in, he was already awake. Despite having a slight confusion at the beginning, Jagtap rushed outside his residence and found the Scorpio missing.

Without wasting time, Jagtap and his son went to the Warje Malwadi police station, but were directed to the Karvenagar police chowky from there. Using GPS and FASTag readings, Constable Govind Pandhare at the chowky immediately found that the SUV was somewhere in Thane. He contacted his friend at the Mumbra police station and shared the approximate vehicle location. Thanks to a fast chain of actions, the entire Thane police personnel on duty were alerted about the incident by the Pune control room.

Finally, with the help of the Kasarvadavali police, the officers located the missing vehicle near Hiranandani Estate alongside Ghodbhandar road in Thane by around eight in the morning. The culprit(s) had already fled the scene. The Scorpio was towed back to its owner afterwards and the search for the suspects is seeing strong progress.

The moment the incident came to light, many became interested to know that FASTags sole purpose was not just limited to cutting the long wait at toll booths (and to prevent anyone from denying payment).
Source: Rushlane
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 09:48   #4454
BHPian

Just returned from visit to District of DK and Udupi.
FASTag experience has been great, nowhere I spent more than 2 minutes, except at Kirasave(Hirasave) toll on both the direction. This Kirasave(Hirasave) toll is managed by most inefficient staff/manager. In this toll, the queue for both Cash and FASTag was higher, on both the direction.
PS: I am using FASTag from last 4-5 years, and this is the first time I am actually seeing the advantage of FASTag or automation. A way to go.
Old 26th December 2019, 10:33   #4455
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I drove from Udupi to Mangalore and back. The Hejamadi toll charged me ₹35 first time, and only ₹20 on return. Suratkal toll charged ₹50 first time, and ₹30 on return. So the return charge part appears to be working. But the real surprise came today morning, when my fastag account was credited ₹100 for some mysterious adjustment. Don't know what that was, but I am not complaining.

At Suratkal toll I was behind couple cars in the Fastag only lane. Both of them, one by one lowered their window glass and gave the Fastag to the standing attendant to wave it front of the reader. It didn't work in both cases, so they ended up paying cash. The delay it caused was really irritating. I passed the toll without such fuss since my Fastag was on the windshield and it read correctly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks