Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 22:55   #4666
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

See point#3 at:
http://tis.nhai.gov.in/Admin/Miscell...PM52_86380.pdf

where it effectively states that if a vehicle with a functional and sufficiently loaded FASTag is yet not read successfully due to defective RFID scanner at the toll plaza, then it be allowed free passage along with issuance of 0-fee receipt.

Now, how do you prove to the toll gate operator that your FASTag is loaded?

Well, if you have an ICICI FASTag, you can call 80109-28888 to query up your FASTag balance. I suggest you save this tele# in your addr book. You get an SMS showing balance within seconds after you give it a missed call from your RMN (regd mobile#)

It's likely other FASTag providers have some similar SMS-based svc.
vharihar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 00:22   #4667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

"My FASTag" mobile app, login and access the tag balance. I hope it works independent of whomever is the tag provider.
Old 16th January 2020, 00:30   #4668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
ICICI fastag worked on all toll plazas but it was very slow. At most toll plazas, I had to stop for 20-30 seconds, align the car going forward and reverse to get the fastag scanned.

Is it to do with ICICI fastag or the scanners of the toll plazas?
I have two cars with ICICI fastags. The first tag was bought directly from ICICI in the initial days of Fastag and has been working flawlessly over a year.
The second one, I got from the car showroom with my new car, a couple of weeks ago and baring once, it was not detected in the 10 times I passed through toll plazas. Doing all the circus of moving the car back and forth doesn't help either. Eventually, they bring out the handheld scanner and read or enter something on the computer and let me go. And I haven't received any SMS for these, nor have my account gotten deducted.
Maybe, the newer tags are not good. But, I have not taken out the old car on a highway run in the past two weeks, so I can't comment if more load has caused the system to behave differently.
Quote:
Well, if you have an ICICI FASTag, you can call 80109-28888 to query up your FASTag balance. I suggest you save this tele# in your addr book. You get an SMS showing balance within seconds after you give it a missed call from your RMN (regd mobile#)
Thanks, this was helpful. I got the SMS with two tag details. The old tag account shows the correct balance, while the new one came back as zero. I logged in to ICICI fastag portal and I see the balance though. I had requested "One Wallet" thinking it would link both my tags to one account but that was not the case, but the second tag account is now marked as "One Wallet".
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 08:54   #4669
BHPian

There is something happening to me which is borderline fraud by HDFC BANK.

I travel through 4 toll nakas, get charged the correct toll amounts, but still, somehow, I get this message a ~8 hours later.

Quote:
Your FasTag A/c has been Debited for Rs. 65 for Adjustment entry on 1/15/2020 5:24:14 PM. Balance amount in the A/c is Rs. *** - HDFC Bank Ltd.
This has happened twice and this transaction has no entry on the HDFC FasTag portal. I can't even dispute the transaction or raise a complaint since it has no mention on the portal.

The first time it happened, there were some issues with toll deduction and on that particular round trip, I was charged ₹64 less toll so I didn't pay much heed to it. But on this round trip, i was charged the correct toll amount throughout.

I fail to understand what kind of adjustment is this? And if it is indeed fair, why doesn't it show up in my transactions online? I am really getting fed up with these wrong charges on the Fastag and the only way to avoid it seems to be going back to cash.

Is someone else facing something similar?
Old 16th January 2020, 09:36   #4670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
The first time it happened, there were some issues with toll deduction and on that particular round trip, I was charged ₹64 less toll so I didn't pay much heed to it. But on this round trip, i was charged the correct toll amount throughout.

And if it is indeed fair, why doesn't it show up in my transactions online? I am really getting fed up with these wrong charges on the Fastag and the only way to avoid it seems to be going back to cash.
The first adjustment was correct then as you were charged a similar amount less. The second seems to be wrong. However, I am surprised these adjustments are not showing up in your statement. I have ICICI & HDFC both, and every transaction appears albeit with a delay for batched transactions. Have never had a issue with either.

Suggest you wait a few days, download a PDF version and log a complaint in the PG GoI portal. They are very prompt in dealing with issues in my experience.

Going back to cash means you'll be paying double and also being herded into a single lane. Is that an option at all?

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th January 2020 at 09:45.
Old 16th January 2020, 12:06   #4671
Senior - BHPian

I did a Mumbai - Pune - Mumbai trip yesterday.

It was a chaos at both the toll plazas. All the vehicles, either cash or Tag were queuing up in all the lanes. Cars with Tags were just allowed to pass by the toll attendant. During my turn I just pointed the Tag and was allowed to go. I have a ICICI Tag and did not receive any SMS till late last night. However, today morning around 7.30, I got SMS of toll deductions.

Checking ICICI App showed only 3 deductions.

Mumbai - Pune : Rs. 173 + 57
Pune - Mumbai : Rs. 173
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 12:16   #4672
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Well, if you have an ICICI FASTag, you can call 80109-28888 to query up your FASTag balance.
For ICICI Fastag, one can also use the "eToll by ICICI" app on the mobile to check balance, top up, etc
Old 16th January 2020, 13:47   #4673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
"My FASTag" mobile app, login and access the tag balance. I hope it works independent of whomever is the tag provider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For ICICI Fastag, one can also use the "eToll by ICICI" app on the mobile to check balance, top up, etc
I was speaking in the context of the "free passage" rule stated at http://tis.nhai.gov.in/Admin/Miscell...PM52_86380.pdf where it effectively states that if a vehicle with a functional and sufficiently loaded FASTag is yet not read successfully due to defective RFID scanner at the toll plaza, then it be allowed free passage along with issuance of 0-fee receipt.

In that context, if one wants to prove to the toll operator that your account is sufficiently loaded, then one typically won't have the luxury to launch the app, login, and navigate to the appropriate screen, etc. With people honking behind you, and mobile internet connectivity possibly patchy in remote toll plazas, pulling out an app is far more impractical than an SMS-based service thoughtfully initiated by a missed call. Besides, the commonest of FASTag users are more familiar with missed calls and SMSs than a smartphone app. Thats why I feel the missed call service is the best, which works beautifully, I have tried it.

If MoRTH wants to make FASTag a success, then it needs to make it absolutely easy and superfast for the commonest of people to be able to:
- Recharge
- Query balance
- Dispute a charge
- Get debit notifications
Etc

Last edited by vharihar : 16th January 2020 at 13:49.
vharihar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 15:46   #4674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I did a Mumbai - Pune - Mumbai trip yesterday.
Was your Fastag accepted when you left & arrived Mumbai via the tolls - Vashi / Airoli / Mulund.
This answer is not being found on this thread and I am in a dilemma since the tolls in Mumbai are controlled by MEP which have their own tag.
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th January 2020, 16:01   #4675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Was your Fastag accepted when you left & arrived Mumbai via the tolls - Vashi / Airoli / Mulund.
MEP or even the SeaLink have their own tags. They claim they don't come under National Highways,so I doubt if they will work with Fastags.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 19:03   #4676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
This answer is not being found on this thread and I am in a dilemma since the tolls in Mumbai are controlled by MEP which have their own tag.
Thanks in advance.
I passed by Vashi toll through ETC lane and when I pointed at my Tag, the attendant said Fastag is not yet enabled there. Had to pay cash.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 19:41   #4677
BHPian

Is it mandatory to stick the fast tag. Can we just tuck it in the slight gap between the A pillar and windshield during a highway run. I do not wish to stick it for pure aesthetic reasons.
Old 16th January 2020, 20:27   #4678
BHPian

After getting Axis FasTag, with a total amount of Rs.300/= [Deposit of Rs.200 + Recharge of Rs.100] in the wallet, I passed via a toll (Hoskote) for the first time and my Tag was not read, so the operator allowed me to go with zero charges, but when I returned via the same toll both after a couple of hours, my FasTag was "black listed" and I had to pay cash. When questioned, the booth person said the deposit amount is Rs.300 and since I have only the deposit amount in my wallet, I have been "black listed". Now, my doubt is who does this Black Listing and how do we get it removed? Also, I feel the deposit amount is only Rs.200/= and the operator lied to me. Can someone clarify please?
Old 16th January 2020, 20:33   #4679
BHPian

Missed Call Alert Facility for NHAI prepaid Wallet FASTag balance enquiry

Quote:
To provide hassle-free and convenient services to FASTag users linked to NHAI prepaid wallet, Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL), a company promoted by NHAI, has announced introduction of Missed Call Alert Facility for NHAI Prepaid Wallet balance enquiry. FASTag customers who have registered their mobile number can now get the balance of their NHAI prepaid wallet by giving a missed call from their registered mobile number to: +91-8884333331.
SumitB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 20:49   #4680
BHPian

I encountered the 'blacklist' issue after using Fastag for a while now. I had updated my tag account to 800 rupees last night and when I entered the Sriperumbudur toll plaza, i saw the sign was flashing the dreaded ' tag blacklisted' message !! Without arguing, I reached out to my phone and told the agent that I'm logging into ICICI fasttag web to show him the status.. magically in a few seconds he said the tag was read and the gate opened !!! NHAI should take up this issue seriously.
PraveenM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks