Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2020, 12:18   #4771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Mumbai Bhpians: Fast tag has now started on the sea link and creating a lot of confusion as inspite of having the MEP tag, the fast tag gets debited. Moreover, there are several cases of duplicate tagging too.

My last convo with their office was that they will be transferring the MEP credit on to the fast tag to end the confusion. But this was yet under consideration and no clarity in sight.

Has anyone been able to do resolve this?

Last edited by Sahil : 31st January 2020 at 12:31.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 16:40   #4772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Mumbai Bhpians: Fast tag has now started on the sea link and creating a lot of confusion as inspite of having the MEP tag, the fast tag gets debited. Moreover, there are several cases of duplicate tagging too.

My last convo with their office was that they will be transferring the MEP credit on to the fast tag to end the confusion. But this was yet under consideration and no clarity in sight.

Has anyone been able to do resolve this?
Have had the same issue since last Saturday. Seven trips on my 2 vehicles since then, all seven double charged on Fastag and MEP tag.

TOTAL SCAMSTERS!

I spoke to MEP, they have confirmed to me on phone that there is no provision in their system for transfering the balance from MEP tag to Fastag. So stuck with both for now, till the MEP tag balance gets exhausted.

In the mean time, there is a painful solution that I came up with. Went through the non-tag lane on one of my journeys (ie., other than the last 3 lanes) and asked them to manually charge my MEP tag. That way, Fastag does not debit.

But this is a total pain and typical of our messed up system.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 17:57   #4773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Have had the same issue since last Saturday. Seven trips on my 2 vehicles since then, all seven double charged on Fastag and MEP tag.

TOTAL SCAMSTERS!

I spoke to MEP, they have confirmed to me on phone that there is no provision in their system for transfering the balance from MEP tag to Fastag. So stuck with both for now, till the MEP tag balance gets exhausted.

In the mean time, there is a painful solution that I came up with. Went through the non-tag lane on one of my journeys (ie., other than the last 3 lanes) and asked them to manually charge my MEP tag. That way, Fastag does not debit.

But this is a total pain and typical of our messed up system.
If you dont have much balance on your Fast tag then let it run dry and MEP will automatically start working
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 18:34   #4774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
If you dont have much balance on your Fast tag then let it run dry and MEP will automatically start working
True. But then if you raise a refund claim for the double charge (which I plan to do) and the amount gets refunded (generally Fastag has been fair in this regard in the past), you are back to the same loop of both tags getting charged again. At least, that will be the case till the MEP tag runs dry after which you can rely solely on Fastag.

All in all, it's messy. Let's hope they are able to solve the issue once and for all.
Old 1st February 2020, 08:54   #4775
Distinguished - BHPian

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumb...w/73815756.cms

This issue has now made news. Don’t get what they mean by ETC tags will stop working from today?! Does this mean we can get a refund or have it transferred or just have it go to waste?!

Also I got my fast tags through diff banks on diff cars. I haven’t really recharged or activated all. Which app do I use to add all my car tags together to manage?

Last edited by Sahil : 1st February 2020 at 09:00.
Old 1st February 2020, 09:03   #4776
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Used the BIAL/KIA airport toll at Devanahalli on my way to airport to drop off someone.
Left lanes are bifurcated for Fastag and right lanes for cash. I too the second lane from left and there were about 7-8 cars ahead and it took about 2-3 minutes before I got my chance. The tag took about 4-5 seconds to scan before the boom barrier opened up.

Meanwhile, few cars took the left most one marked "VIP, Ambulance, etc". Some of them had an ID/Badge that were showing to be let in, I guess they're BIAL employees ? A couple of White Fortuners were also allowed and I think those were the politicos/powers that be kind!
Old 1st February 2020, 10:20   #4777
BHPian

Is FASTag accepted on NICE Road?

(Apologies in advance if this has already been asked. I'd normally have searched before asking. But a search on NICE would yield useless results, hence didn't bother searching)
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 11:13   #4778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

(Apologies in advance if this has already been asked. I'd normally have searched before asking. But a search on NICE would yield useless results, hence didn't bother searching)
No. They do not accept
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 14:28   #4779
Senior - BHPian

The MSRDC introduced the Mumbai's first FASTag facility on six lanes of the Bandra-Worli Sea Link.

Of the 16 lanes on the sea link, six more lanes will be enabled with FASTags in the next 10 days. Four lanes will be open for cash payment, said officials.

In Mumbai, apart from the sea link, MSRDC will implement FASTag on the five entry/exit points of the city - Vashi, Dahisar, Airoli, LBS Marg and Mulund.

Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...d8GCzT2BM.html
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 20:46   #4780
Senior - BHPian

Got my Airtel Fastag delivered today. The entire process, from placing request to tag delivery, took just 3 days.

After activation, the Airtel Payments Bank wallet shows Rs. 100 balance (cashback I got as per current offer) while the Fastag balance is Rs. 150. The customer care executive told me on the phone that toll payments will be deducted primarily from Fastag balance and wallet balance will be used only when Fastag balance runs out. He told me to add money in Fastag account.

As per my understanding, it should be the other way around i.e. wallet balance is used for toll payments and Fastag balance (Rs. 150) is used when wallet balance is insufficient. Going by my logic, money should be added in Airtel wallet.

Now my question to existing users is where should I add balance for toll payments - Airtel wallet account or Fastag account?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd February 2020 at 11:46. Reason: Typo.
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:06   #4781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

They are installing the FASTag scanners. FASTags should be accepted on NICE over the next few days.
gopalnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:22   #4782
BHPian

Finally my FasTTag was activated a week ago. From Paytm.The delay was due to the fact that the app was refusing to accept my RC pics . Had to get customer care involved . Customer care was available only through text interface. Finally was able to upload pics on the customer care chat and received a verification call 5-7 days later.

The FasTTag account is active on the app with 150 balance. All i have to do is paste the sticker on the windscreen.

I paid Rs 300 in total.

Have not used it yet as the tolls i have used till now have a notice displaying 'fasttag not active'.
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:25   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
..From PayTm

I paid Rs 300 in total.
How come you paid only 300 for the Fastag via paytm. I also ordered from paytm and had to pay 500 in total. Break-up being 150 as balance, 250 as refundable security deposit and 100 as tag charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I just noticed that the Paytm wallet linked to my Fastag has crossed the monthly withdrawal limit as I didn't complete the full KYC. Hence I am not able to add money for the Fastag in the wallet.
Forgot to update. I got the KYC done midway and had a flawless Fastag experience during my journey at NH52. The deductions were accurate. There was a huge line at the cash counter at every toll. Seems like many haven't got their tags till now.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 2nd February 2020 at 20:32.
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:27   #4784
Distinguished - BHPian

I think sense seems to have started sprouting in peoples minds. Compared to last weekend on the Airport road, this weekend I drove between Bangalore and Hospet. There were relatively less cases of blacklisted and no balance tags holding up traffic. Not sure if the double charge for such culprits is being enforced, but the few instances where people didnt have balance they just paid up in no time. Last weekend it was full of arguments between people and toll staff, including the KSRTC driver I mentioned. On the return journey even the Nelamangala expressway tollbooth was a smooth experience for us. Hopefully this gets better over time.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:33   #4785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There were relatively less cases of blacklisted and no balance tags holding up traffic. Not sure if the double charge for such culprits is being enforced
Just a while back, returning from KIAL, a cabbie ahead of me immediately pays cash and moves ahead, soon after I see "Blacklisted" on the display ahead and the booth staff asking him to pay cash. All this on dedicated Fastag lane!

It was clear that the cabbie knew there was no balance and simply chanced upon his cheap trick to escape super long queues in the cash section. And nope, he wasn't double charged at all, may be due to the exemption for certain tolls. However, I so wished that he was asked to reverse (I was happy to reverse myself to let this chap take the cash lanes). Am sure many cabbies indulge in such cheap behavior on a regular basis here.

Most Viewed