Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2016, 17:32   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Can you please let know which toll booth was this?

Does Mumbai - Pune Expressway accept Fastag? I was thinking it is managed by MSRDC and hence may not accept Fastag.
Mumbai Pune expressway is FasTagged. MSRDC is not like NICE and hence the set up.

By the way, the Toll that NPV is mentioning should be "Khalapur" (and not Khopoli?)as the Pune side toll is at Urse and the exit (Mumbai side entry) is Khalapur. I am assuming NPV is referring to Khalapur.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th December 2016 at 17:39.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 19:29   #467
BHPian

How does one (1) cancel a FasTag linked to a specific vehicle and (2) seek refund of balance plus deposit and (3) close the account. Thanks in advance!

PS : Have sold the car. New car is on different name.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 15:48   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

When I drove back from Belur 2 days back, I asked the toll booth attendant at Shantigrama on the availability of FasTags and he confirmed in positive.

However, since its given at the toll booth, you need to pick this up between 0800 and 1700 on all days.

This is the only booth of the 4 between Hassan and Nelemangala that issues FasTags.

So anyone driving back to Bangalore or heading towards Hassan and have a copy of RC and other required documents and a Photo Handy (along with 500 INR In cash of course), you can try your luck to get one.

I was not lucky as It was past 11PM when I passed this.
Old 29th December 2016, 19:40   #469
BHPian

I got this email from ICICI Bank regarding FASTAG.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20161229-7.39.27-pm.png  

kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 21:16   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I got this email from ICICI Bank regarding FASTAG.
I too got the email and sms today. I did a recharge on Fastag website today and it went through, though there was an hour delay before the amount actually got credited. (The transaction status was shown as "In process" during this period).

I have a trip tomorrow and hope there won't be any issue in the toll booths.
Old 30th December 2016, 12:11   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

FasTags not available at Devanahalli/KIAL Toll Plaza, Bangalore:

Another 20 days at least is what the folks at this office said this morning. There is no stock.

They have also put a handwritten paper clearly stating that FasTags are out of stock for 20 days.

So those expecting to get Tags at this toll, have no hopes and don't waste time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th December 2016 at 12:36. Reason: typo
Old 30th December 2016, 12:35   #472
BHPian

Krishnagiri POS guy told me about the FASTag online team which supposed to receive the documents through email and courier the tag. I've not asked much details on how the payment will be made. But he gave this id fastagkgi at gmail as contact point.
Old 1st January 2017, 11:00   #473
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
By the way, the Toll that NPV is mentioning should be "Khalapur" (and not Khopoli?)as the Pune side toll is at Urse and the exit (Mumbai side entry) is Khalapur. I am assuming NPV is referring to Khalapur.
My friend told me that the plaza is commonly referred to as the Khopoli plaza because Khalapur is a taluk and Khopoli is the town/city as mentioned here

An update from my friend:
He mentioned that he saved 1.5 hours easily on his trip just because of FasTag
He paid cash at 3 tolls - Hubli-Dharwad Rs.61, one more in Karnataka (Rs.80 ?) and one in Maharashtra (?), not sure of exactly which plazas.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 11:10   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
My friend told me that the plaza is commonly referred to as the Khopoli plaza because Khalapur is a taluk and Khopoli is the town/city as mentioned here
Aware of this NPV . I have taken the exit from expressway marked for "Khopoli" few times when we did Tahmini or had to relish the Vada Paavs inside this town. This exit comes when you drive from Pune and after crossing Lonavala/Khandala after a right hander.

However, the toll booth from Mumbai side entry to expressway is always known as Khalapur and often gets referred as a landmark in all media reports whenever there is an accident around on this expressway.

In fact even a Popular theme park situated here also mentions to pass Khalapur toll Plaza to reach here and last year around the same time for me it was so easy to take the right exit due to this!
Old 1st January 2017, 11:28   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I have a trip tomorrow and hope there won't be any issue in the toll booths.
No issues at the toll booths. But I haven't received any SMS till now. The Fastag portal also do not have the trip details. But the amount is deducted though.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 12:09   #476
BHPian

At last the cheque of Rs500/- which was submitted along with the reuired documents on 13th December ffor the fastag was cleared yesterday. When should I expect my fastag delivered ? I will be on the highways on 10th Jan. Will i get it by that time ?
Old 1st January 2017, 16:13   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
No issues at the toll booths. But I haven't received any SMS till now. The Fastag portal also do not have the trip details. But the amount is deducted though.
For yesterday's trip, I received the messages same day.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:04   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

FasTag availability update at BETL Office, Bangalore - 03 Jan 2017

Tags are still not available and Imdad mentioned it will be easily 10 days at least for stocks to arrive. This time, I didn't even have to ask him as he told me "10 days" the moment he saw me .

So it was exactly last Monday I had visited BETL Office and was told it will take a week and when I went on yesterday, I was again told 10 more days.

So in Bangalore, KIAL toll booth mentioned 20 days while BETL office says 10 days. In short, the wait will be at least 2 more weeks for those who want to get tags.

With this uncertainty, best is to visit the ICICI Branch and apply and wait for your turn. At least you know you will be in queue. At BETL office, this fellow is still sitting on heaps of applications and I am wondering if there is any order that would be followed to issue the tags once they arrive.
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:28   #479
BHPian

Traveled from Hyderabad to Hassan(Karnataka) and back using fast tag. My experience summary.

From Hyderabad to Bangalore, except Raikal toll, only fast tag vehicles are allowed inside the fast tag lane. Most toll gates is manned by security guard to open manual barricade after seeing fast tag.

Some of the toll, smart tag lane does not have proper sticker, a board is kept between two lanes, If your guess is lucky you will go to fast tag lane.

Many of the tolls does not have proper sensors for fast tag, sometimes we need to move forward and backward to make the sensor detect the tag.

All the tolls from Bangalore to Hassan is free for all traffic, all kind of traffic including cash, card or paytm is allowed in smart tag lane. I spoke to a manager in L&T toll, he mentioned as per concession agreement with govt, there is no rules mentioned by govt to allow only fastag vehicle in fastag lane, any vehicle could be allowed in the lane.

Most cases traveling by paying cash looked much faster than fastag. I also heard many tolls have started imposing fines for entering into fastag lane, by non-fastag users, but feel there is no proper guidelines from govt.

I feel, again from the govt, this is a good move but horrible implementation. No proper guidelines to toll operator and they are trying to implement their own rules as they please.

Overall i felt fastag should be renamed slowtag as of now.
shamanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:39   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Most cases traveling by paying cash looked much faster than fastag. I also heard many tolls have started imposing fines for entering into fastag lane, by non-fastag users, but feel there is no proper guidelines from govt.

I feel, again from the govt, this is a good move but horrible implementation. No proper guidelines to toll operator and they are trying to implement their own rules as they please.

Overall i felt fastag should be renamed slowtag as of now.
Spot on.
On a recent longish drive along the south eastern GQ and NHs, on all the tool booths, the FastTag lane was fully occupied by the regular (non-FastTag) vehicles.
Having a FastTag would have made no difference, it would have possibly increased the wait if the adjacent regular lanes were free.
Until strict enforcement is in place to ensure a clear FastTag lane, the system is practically useless in the current scenario.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 3rd January 2017 at 14:41.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed