Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 10:52   #4906
Team-BHP Support

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I have a specific question for mumbai users. I have a sea link pre paid pass (58 journeys balance).

I just got an HDFC fastag for my car. I believe if both are pasted above then both tags get deducted at the sea link. Any solution to prevent this or only have the fastag deducted? Ideally, I would have thought if original sea link balance could get transferred to the fast tag that would be the perfect solution.

If nothing else works, I will of course simply not paste the fasttag till i exhaust my sea link pass but that's really far from ideal.

thanks
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 12:46   #4907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I have a specific question for mumbai users. I have a sea link pre paid pass (58 journeys balance).

thanks
Here's the answer to your query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
For those with issues on the sealink.

I met a senior officer there and raised concerns because I have both MEP and fastag.

What they did is that they manually deactivated the fastag via my car number for sealink in their system. Shows as blacklisted.

Once I finish my MEP balance I need to tell them to reactivate it.

Tried a couple of journeys and it works. Just note: if you use the last lane, it reads the fastag first and shows blacklisted and the barrier doesn't work. You then need to shift to the next lane using the 'bypass' and then the MEP will read. If you go direct to second lane you will get blacklisted. Don't know why or how but that's the system.
Kashish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 12:48   #4908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

I just got an HDFC fastag for my car. I believe if both are pasted above then both tags get deducted at the sea link. Any solution to prevent this or only have the fastag deducted? Ideally, I would have thought if original sea link balance could get transferred to the fast tag that would be the perfect solution.

If nothing else works, I will of course simply not paste the fasttag till i exhaust my sea link pass but that's really far from ideal.

thanks
I've written what to do here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4748788 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 17:34   #4909
BHPian

Place an alluminum foil outside the windscreen of vehicle to block fastag and continue to use MEP tag over sealink.
INNOWAGON_CL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 07:33   #4910
Senior - BHPian

I am now having a problem of my tag not getting scanned after putting a windscreen sun film. Tag is on the windshield and film is on top of the tag.

I was driving Bangalore - Palani - Coimbatore yesterday and none of the tolls could scan my tag and had to request for the hand held scanner each time.

I did go through some of the the posts here related to tags and sun films and I read here that no one had faced an issue as such. I am really breaking my head to see what can help solve for this.
Old 20th February 2020, 07:38   #4911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I am now having a problem of my tag not getting scanned after putting a windscreen sun film. Tag is on the windshield and film is on top of the tag.

I was driving Bangalore - Palani - Coimbatore yesterday and none of the tolls could scan my tag and had to request for the hand held scanner each time.

I did go through some of the the posts here related to tags and sun films and I read here that no one had faced an issue as such. I am really breaking my head to see what can help solve for this.
If the tag is on the windshield and the film is installed on top of the tag, why should there be any interference?!! The readers scan from outside right?
Maybe your tag was damaged while installing the film?
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 08:01   #4912
Senior - BHPian

I almost arrived at the same conclusion during the drive yesterday but then thought that , when hand held scanners were doing the job the tag is not damaged after all. As a last resort , I was planning to just cut out the film at the portion where it covers the tag , though it totally feels silly to do this.
Old 20th February 2020, 08:25   #4913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
If the tag is on the windshield and the film is installed on top of the tag, why should there be any interference?!! The readers scan from outside right?
Maybe your tag was damaged while installing the film?
Not an expert but not a great idea to 'seal' in the tag inside your (no-doubt) expensive sunfilm. Better would have been to carve out a window in the sunfilm for the tag, but of course ensure that the installer does a tight fit so that the film doesn't start bubbling or peeling off.

As Santosh has pointed out, chances are that the tag was partially damaged during installation and/or your sunfilm is somehow preventing it from getting energized when the RF wave hits it from the overhead sensors. Only when the handheld scanner is brought close does it work. It could well be the sunny weather is generating excessive heat in the tag which is getting trapped between the windshield and the sunfilm.

No easy answers unfortunately!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 09:12   #4914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I almost arrived at the same conclusion during the drive yesterday but then thought that , when hand held scanners were doing the job the tag is not damaged after all. As a last resort , I was planning to just cut out the film at the portion where it covers the tag , though it totally feels silly to do this.
Is it ICICI tag ? I was having the same problem. I did cut out the sunfilm still the problem persisted. Got myself a tag from another tag from Amazon,and stuck it on top of the sunfilm,works like a charm. So my suggestion is change the tag.
Old 20th February 2020, 11:17   #4915
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Inder and 'itwasntme'.
Yes - it is the ICICI tag. Maybe time to change the tag. Let me see how my return drive to Bangalore goes tomorrow.
Old 20th February 2020, 20:22   #4916
BHPian

Hi all! Here’s sharing my recent FASTag experience which is my first. Purchased the tag from ICICI back in October and set out for a Surat return run last Sunday. Tag was active and had sufficient recharge as well. Didn’t work at the first toll naka. Asked operator to manually scan, same result for all until I returned back to the bay. Whilst enroute, called the icici helpline and the operator confirmed everything’s OK at their end. On returning to Mumbai, called the NHAI helpline where the executive denied my card being active and neither my vehicle registration number nor chassis number appeared in their database. ICICI says cards active, NHAI says it’s not! Frustrated I just blasted both entities on mail. No revert yet from any. Got so frustrated that I just peeled it off and now contemplating taking icici to consumer courts.

What do you think could be the problem here? Who’s right & who’s wrong? It was a nightmare since my tag didn’t work I ended up causing jams in my lane. I had read the news that if the toll plaza can not scan your tag, the tolls exempted. But I had to shell out cash every single time. Thankfully I paid the same amount which would get deducted.

Would deeply appreciate some guidance here. Cheers!
Old 20th February 2020, 20:34   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
ICICI says cards active, NHAI says it’s not!
Are you able to login on ICICI fastag portal and see your tag details? Does it have sufficient balance (preferably above 200)? Toll operators in MH and especially charoti toll is notorious for telling that the tag is invalid or doesn't have sufficient balance. It generally helps if you have sms from last toll deduction which has tag balance to prove that tag is valid and has sufficient balance.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 00:58   #4918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Are you able to login on ICICI fastag portal and see your tag details? Does it have sufficient balance (preferably above 200)? Toll operators in MH and especially charoti toll is notorious for telling that the tag is invalid or doesn't have sufficient balance. It generally helps if you have sms from last toll deduction which has tag balance to prove that tag is valid and has sufficient balance.
Showing active & close to 1k balance. ALL toll plazas post Dahisar until Guj border couldn't scan the card. I don't have a front sunscreen and applied the tag as clean as I could. I've scheduled a call with my bank. Let's see what they have to say.
Old 21st February 2020, 09:17   #4919
BHPian

Got my PayTM FASTag delivered on Feb 19th. Had placed the order on Feb 16th around 8 pm, and it was delivered on schedule. Also, got it for Rs. 400 as tag issuance fee is waived off until Feb 29th. The tag was already activated, and I didn't have to do anything from my end. Can see a sub-wallet with Rs. 150 within the main PayTM wallet. So far so good and going to do the first trial run with this tag coming Sunday.

One question to Bengalureans - I will be crossing via E-city toll (BETL). Does this toll plaza also come under the FASTag scheme as it doesn't seem to be a part of NHAI?

Thanks.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 21st February 2020 at 09:18.
Old 21st February 2020, 10:33   #4920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijanto4 View Post
One question to Bengalureans - I will be crossing via E-city toll (BETL). Does this toll plaza also come under the FASTag scheme as it doesn't seem to be a part of NHAI?

Thanks.
BETL accepts Fastags. It is a part of NHAI. BETL and Attibele I think come under the same concession.

The national highway alignment within Bangalore is: Hosur-BETL-Silk Board-ORR-Hebbal-Devanahalli.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed