Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 09:45   #4936
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Also what happens is I use the tag of another vehicle? Like my home car Tag on my office car?
A Tag has all vehicle details, and exemptions if any registered there, using it on another car will be a breach of contract condition.

Rahul
Old 24th February 2020, 10:39   #4937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to change the registered vehicle number to a Tag to another?
No. You need to get a fresh tag for the second vehicle.

Quote:
Also what happens is I use the tag of another vehicle? Like my home car Tag on my office car?
What you pass through a toll booth the details of the vehicle linked to the tag is displayed on both the information board and the computer screen. The screen also has a video feed from a camera focused on your number plate. If the attendant notices that there is a mismatch you'll end up spending a lot of time explaining the issue to toll booth staff and police.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 11:23   #4938

Quote:
Is it possible to change the registered vehicle number to a Tag to another?
A tag once applied to windshield, it will get damaged when you try to remove it

ICICI Bank portal has an option to change vehicle details through Tag Account screen. Never tried it. I'm not optimistic about it, as one needs to provide RC Copy when one issues a fresh tag.

If you have ICICI Tag and it has not been applied to windshield, you can try this (at your own risk ;-)... because their customer care service is nothing to talk home about)

If you are already using the tag on another car, you will need a fresh tag. Your balance & safety deposit will be refunded (after a cool-off period) for the tag you are cancelling.

I just hope you are not trying to imagine a scenario of using single tag across vehicles
Old 24th February 2020, 11:37   #4939
BHPian

Did a maiden trip from Bangalore to Tirupati over the weekend. HDFC FasTag worked flawlessly and SMS's came within 20 minutes after passing each toll.
Kudos for this initiative,certainly makes life easier. Yes, glitches are there, but considering the scale of this exercise and the variability expanse, this is just great.

Thanks
raghu
raghuram.cg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:42   #4940
BANNED

Penalties start off as a trickle.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...s-4968801.html
Old 24th February 2020, 17:22   #4941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Showing active & close to 1k balance. ALL toll plazas post Dahisar until Guj border couldn't scan the card. I don't have a front sunscreen and applied the tag as clean as I could. I've scheduled a call with my bank. Let's see what they have to say.
So what's the update? I'm following your case to see if the same fate awaits me. I got a new ICICI tag after a horrendous experience with HDFC. As an update to that, they (HDFC) still haven't returned my money that they incorrectly debited. It's about 2000 rupees over multiple transactions. They are "investigating"
caffeineAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 19:05   #4942
BHPian

Can a FASTag be issued without RC?

A friend got a new Innova, the dealership is no longer issuing the FASTags and he will get the RC after approx. 40 days.

How can he get a FASTag in this situation?
Old 24th February 2020, 20:17   #4943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Yes. Based on engine and chassis number I can recollect a Nexa dealership issuing a FASTag for a new car (ICICI bank). But this was last year. I am not sure as of today.
Old 24th February 2020, 20:35   #4944
BHPian

Quote:

A friend got a new Innova, the dealership is no longer issuing the FASTags and he will get the RC after approx. 40 days.

Yes Fastag is now issued only after the RC card is delivered to the home. Sales persons do take the amount and provide you the Fastag after you receiving RC card.
Old 24th February 2020, 22:17   #4945
BANNED

I thought the vehicle should have a FASTag affixed at time of registration?
Old 24th February 2020, 22:54   #4946
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Yes Fastag is now issued only after the RC card is delivered to the home. Sales persons do take the amount and provide you the Fastag after you receiving RC card.

In Jan 2020, I used the ICICI Bank App on my home phone, which is registered to my parent's account, to order a FasTag.
All I was asked was the vehicle maker, model & registration number.
I do not believe I was asked any more documents or other information.
My father's information was auto-uploaded in the second page on the app and I confirmed everything including mobile number and email.
The amount was debited and tag delivered within a week.
Logged into their dedicated FasTag webpage and found that the Tag was in ACTIVE status.
Did a highway run on the 21st Feb and it worked flawlessly at 4 tolls.
Hope this helps.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-image0.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
In your case, KYC would have already been taken care with your parent account. Yes, you will be able to apply and use it without RC card or any other KYC details.
Good point @meetbadri
Yes my parent's account is KYC compliant hence as you have mentioned, I was not asked any more documentation.

I believe @daf23's friend should be having a KYC compliant bank account from where he too can apply for the tag.

Last edited by Ithaca : 24th February 2020 at 23:07. Reason: Reply to member meetbadri who replied to my post.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 23:01   #4947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
In Jan 2020, I used the ICICI Bank App on my home phone, which is registered to my parent's account, to order a FasTag.
In your case, KYC would have already been taken care with your parent account. Yes, you will be able to apply and use it without RC card or any other KYC details.

I took my Fastag from Equitas where I did not have any connection at all. Until I provided all the details of my PAN number, Aadhar and RC Card scans KYC was not successful and had to wait for almost 20 days before taking the car to highways.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 14:18   #4948
BHPian

I’m hearing some banks/Fastag providers are doing limited testing of just collecting name, mobile number and optionally vehicle registration number.

They can find all the vehicles you own from Vaahan database through the Vaahan API and you need to just enter last 8 digits of engine/chassis number for validation and Fastag will be issued for the vehicle without any other document uploads required.

This does not cover vehicles registered before 2016 I believe due to some data availability issue but I could be wrong. The same Vaahan API is being provided to insurers also so you don’t have to put in make, model, chassis#, address, current policy details etc. each time when buying insurance. It will all be pre-filled based on the vehicle registration number. Heard this from a friend of mine who works in technology side of such operations for a big bank.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 25th February 2020 at 14:19.
Old 26th February 2020, 10:22   #4949
BHPian

Just got a text message from Equitas with whom I have a FASTTAg from the past one year stating the first year is ending on 26th feb and I need to visit their branch in person and submit the id and address proof again.Is this a yearly affair? I was under the impression that there was a 3-5 years validity for the same.

The message states: Dear Customer-Your Equitas FASTTag wallet was opened date is 26/2/2019.In terms of latest guidelines of RBI,kindly produce your photo,pancard and address proof for verification at our nearest branch and provide a self-attested copy of the said documents before 26/2/2020 to continue loading and usage of the FASTtag.

In this age of everything being digital--this seems a inconvenience!!
rajinibm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 00:08   #4950
Senior - BHPian

I got a fastag from hdfc when I purchased my crysta in 2017 end. Now I have never used it in all these years but want to use it now. Any idea how to get it activated?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks