Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2020, 18:23   #5071
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Thanks for your reply.
My car number is there on the paytm website.
but the tag id mentioned on paytm website is an alpha-numeric whereas bar code on the fastag is numeric. they don't match. Does it mean I have received the wrong one?
Sorry to quote self post.
I printed the receipt from paytm for the fastag and the receipt has all the information. The bar code number on fastag is IMEI/Serial number on the receipt. Vehicle number is also there on receipt.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 20:23   #5072
BHPian

Hi all, I have a query. Currently my car is registered in the dealership name and in the process of getting transferred in my name. If I buy the fastag now, do I need to change the fastag once the ownership gets transferred and I get the new RC?
Thanks.
Old 24th June 2020, 22:50   #5073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Any suggestions on what I should do? Also if i just peel it off, i can be assured of no further usage, but the Rs. 150 which is earmarked for the Fasttag in the Paytm account is then gone?

Thanks much !
Just call Customer Care of Paytm Fastag and inform them the same. They will de-activate the account and the balance reserved for fastag will reflect in your paytm wallet balance.

I followed this process when I sold my car last year. It was a smooth sailing for me!
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 07:32   #5074
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, some assistance needed:

1. Have sold off both our existing cars with one having a ICICI FT in my name and another having HDFC FT in my wife's name. I have deactivated both the tags using their web portal, but how can I formally request for them to be permanently closed and monies refunded back? Could not see that specific option in their dropdown menus.

2. For my new car (in my name), the dealer has mistakenly used my wife's KYC documents to link the new HDFC FT to her credentials. Can this be corrected somehow OR is it better to again close the account and get a fresh one in my name? I anyway prefer ICICI so is it better for me to simply procure a new one from ICICI in my name? Again, does the FT system allow multiple tags to be issued (from different issuers) for the same registration number?
Old 26th June 2020, 09:54   #5075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Have sold off both our existing cars with one having a ICICI FT in my name and another having HDFC FT in my wife's name.
I got a refund from ICICI direct to my bank account by placing a request for closure on their portal. I had called their helpline and requested a replacement tag but that never happened so decided to close. The refund took a couple of weeks but was happy to see it come through without having to call their helpline.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 14:15   #5076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I got a refund from ICICI direct to my bank account by placing a request for closure on their portal.
I called up ICICI Fastag helpline and requested them for closure on 16th June. They raised a ticket which I can see on ICICI Fastag website which is still open. Do I need to do anything else?
Old 26th June 2020, 15:05   #5077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I called up ICICI Fastag helpline and requested them for closure on 16th June.
Just do it once more yourself as you need to enter your bank account details such as IFSC and account number for the refund. The website had the option when i did this last year. Their help line is iffy and i requested for a duplicate tag via the phone which was logged as a ticket but never materialized.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:16   #5078
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag Replacement Experience with ICICI:
I had to replace the windshield of my Celerio which was swirled up suddenly due to no known reason but overenthusiastic cleaning by my watchman. This car had a Fastag pasted at the POS location for activation and hence, I could not make it reusable unlike my other cars. Before replacing the windshield, I decided to first get a new tag so that it can be immediately pasted. The Fastag usage on this car is regular and did not want to get stuck in the cash lane.

Being used to credit and debit cards, I went to the Fastag website and searched for some option to request a new tag. I found this option of marking the tag as lost. My bank provides me a new card the very next day or second day after marking my existing card lost. However, it is not the case with this Fastag. If it is marked as lost it is just blacklisted. Nothing else. Hence Lesson #1: Lost tag does not automatically provide a new tag to you.

After this, I had to call up the customer care and they informed me that they are not currently shipping the tag and we need to visit a POS location to get the same. This was not so convenient to me since the only POS location they advised me was the BIAL toll. The car is frequently used only at Hoskote and there was no agent there. Since this was the only option, I decided to send my mums driver there since he is jobless all day while she is at work and it is half way to the toll. Lesson #2: Replacing or closing fastag account with ICICI or any other provider is not very easy online

While this happened, I got a call from Parag(Paragsachania) that he spotted another ICICI agent at a tollbooth(Doddaballapur road after Yelahanka). I got his contact details and called this person up. I checked with him the process and learnt that its very simple. However he was not willing to ship or hand it over even though I was willing to pay extra. Since this tollbooth was closer for my driver compared to Devahanahalli, I decided to get the new tag picked up from here.

It was a quick job for my driver. I had called the agent and informed him about this. The Agent prepared the tag and activated it as soon as my driver went there. Job done. Thankfully he was ok to hand over the tag since I had explained that I will be replacing the windshield soon. Cost of the new tag was 100 and it was deducted from the Fastag account itself. Did not have to pay anything at the POS. I thought that the agent was not interested in doing this since its of no benefit to him. But being a nice guy, he did the job without hesitation. I even checked with him if I should recharge it, since he would earn some commission but he told me its not needed. But if anyone is interested to get a new tag, let this person know. Lockdown has affected the livelihoods of these guys.

The contact details of the agent is as follows: Vinay - +91 6362223632. Thanks to Parag again for finding out.

I was not able to schedule the windshield replacement since in the current situation, the cars are seeing heavy usage and blocking it for two days is not possible. Hence, decided to replace the fastag for now but with the reusable treatment. I would highly recommend this for multiple reasons since the fastag glue is permanent and once pasted you just cant move it around even if you want to reposition the fastag, or install sun film, or worst case replace the windshield.

1. I used a piece of plastic screen protector which I had, not the tempered glass variety. This has a glue which can be reused as many times as required. You can even wash it and re apply and it will stick. Be careful which side you stick the Fastag. The pasting should be done on the non adhesive side of the screen guard obviously.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3808.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3809.jpg

Removing the older Fastag was a royal pain. It disintegrated into layers, those layers disintegrated into powder. Basically it is impossible to reuse the fastag in its stock form. Had to use some cleaning agents and a scraping razor to get the adhesive out. Lesson #3: Sticking the fastag permanently is a bad idea, though its not technically correct.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3810.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3811.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3812.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3813.jpg

New fastag pasted:
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3814.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_3815.jpg

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2020 at 10:04. Reason: Corrected the number. Thanks.
audioholic is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:28   #5079
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Audioholic, super helpful post. My ICICI tag stopped working when i totally forgot about it while putting a film on the windscreen. I need to get a new one and remove the older one. Let me try calling the reference person in your post. Thanks again.
Old 4th July 2020, 09:13   #5080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Fastag Replacement Experience with ICICI:
While this happened, I got a call from Parag(Paragsachania) that he spotted another ICICI agent at a tollbooth(Doddaballapur road after Yelahanka).
The contact details of the agent is as follows: Vinay - 636-2222-3632. Thanks to Parag again for finding out.
Hi audioholic,

A very informative and useful post, thank you! I also need a new FT for my car but the contact number is invalid. Can you recheck and confirm please?

In my case, I have received a FT from HDFC Bank with my new car but want to move to ICICI as I had an excellent experience with their website, as compared to the Neanderthal website of HDFC FT.

Can I simply get a ICICI FT and start using it while concurrently deactivating the HDFC one?

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th July 2020 at 09:23.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 09:59   #5081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi audioholic,

A very informative and useful post, thank you! I also need a new FT for my car but the contact number is invalid. Can you recheck and confirm Can I simply get a ICICI FT and start using it while concurrently deactivating the HDFC one?
Thanks and sorry, I made a typo while providiing the number. The correct number is +91 6362223632. I added an extra 2

Coming to the other matter, I am in the same boat. My Innova came with HDFC fastag and I didnt have a choice while buying due to this lockdown. Hence I wanted to switch to HDFC since they dont even send me an SMS after toll deduction and that makes it cumbersome to keep track of balance. I too want to switch to ICICI. But as far as I read somewhere, we can switch only after deactivation of the existing tag. Else it will not allow two Fastags linked to the same number. So I am holding on from changing since I dont want to get caught in some mess with HDFC not closing promptly and then me getting stuck in the cash lane. If you do this then please share your experience
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 16:27   #5082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and sorry, I made a typo while providiing the number. The correct number is +91 6362223632. I added an extra 2
Thanks to both you and paragsachania, I visited the K'male/Marasandra toll and bought my new ICICI FASTag in 5 minutes flat with the help of my new RC, Aadhaar card & PAN copies. Vinay quickly linked the new tag to my existing ICICI customer ID, and I received the SMS confirming the same.

Could not try it though at the toll due to lack of time but it shows active in the ICICI FT portal, so should be okay. Now need to get the local free pass at the same toll; wasn't carrying my VID card so could not.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 17:06   #5083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to both you and paragsachania, I visited the K'male/Marasandra toll and bought my new ICICI FASTag in 5 minutes flat
This finding by fluke during one of those drives was indeed a blessing.

This toll is never that busy, accessible easily (and fast) from Yelahanka due to the free flowing traffic on Doddaballapura Road and on top of it all, this chap deals with ICICI (my personal preference over the rest)!!

I never had a FASTag for my second car that has not really seen highways since years. This toll is less than 10m of super peaceful drive for me that I will surely pick one for the WagonR very soon.

Audioholic and your experiences have remained positive and uneventful that this morning when a friend from Hebbal messaged, I told to visit this place to buy a new tag.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:02   #5084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fastag Replacement Experience with ICICI
With Paytm it was an easy job. Wish all service providers follow the same / similar process

Quote:
Removing the older Fastag was a royal pain. It disintegrated into layers, those layers disintegrated into powder.
Use old school razor blade or cutter blade. Took less than a minute when I switched from Equitas to Paytm.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:16   #5085
Senior - BHPian

OT - For some reason , Vinay doesn't pick my call.

@Parag / Itwasnt me - where exactly is this toll? I live on Kanakapura Road.
Please help with some coordinates or some landmark. I don't mind going in person there and taking a replacement ICICI tag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks