Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:20   #556
h14
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

As on 2nd Feb, 2017:

No tags in stock at the KIAL Toll Plaza near Devanahalli.
I lost hope on the Vijayamangalam plaza for same reason and contacted a guy from the Chennai ICICI branch. He asked me to courier the filled forms with cheque and he will process and courier the tags back to me. But he did mention tags were not in stock and he needs 15 days.

I did the same and mailed the docs and cheque on Jan 5 and it was on Jan 23 got sms on account creation and subsequently by Jan 26 I had received the tags and they work flawlessly.

I believe you can also try mailing the docs and get the tags than waiting for the POS to get stock.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:38   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
I believe you can also try mailing the docs and get the tags than waiting for the POS to get stock.
That is exactly what I will resort to now .

My biggest issues were 2: That I reached my workplace around 0720 and after 1000 I wouldn't dare to take my car out and visit this bank 20 minutes away.

In the evening, I take the route back via NICE and I would hate to take the road back home through the city for this.

Weekends - Last thing I want to do is drive to Hosur Road from my home.

The POS location at EC (BETL office) was perfect, 5 minutes from my office but there is no stock.

So Airport Road toll was another option for me, an easy one at that due to the location I stay in Bangalore and the fact that past 3 weeks I have been working from home.

Now visiting the bank should be the priority.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:56   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I haven't got the cashback of 10% for December month, any of you got the cash back? Last time i raised a ticket, they mentioned December month cashback will be given by January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My account statement shows cash back on Jan 31st and the comment says for the period of November. I am not sure if the time period mentioned is correct though
I too have received cash back for a period of 1-30 November '16 on 31/1/17
For the period of 1-31 October '16 cash back was credited on 16/11/16
Yet to receive any cash back for December and January.

Amount received in cash back during this periods is Rs. 139 while the toll amount was approximately Rs. 7000. So 10% cash back doesn't seem to be applicable at all toll plazas.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 15:34   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Cashback is happening, but slowly. My Dec-2016 cashback came in today.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 16:03   #560
J.Ravi

Received this sms just a few minutes ago:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20170204154117799.jpeg

Slowly, but steadily, the pending tolls at Devanahalli NH/airport toll plaza in Jan 2017 are getting deducted from my account. Still, 4 more tolls at Devanahalli NH/airport toll plaza in Dec 2016/Jan 2017 and one each at Krishnagiri, Pallikonda and Sriperumbudur in Jan 2017 are yet to be deducted as of now.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th February 2017 at 16:10.

Old 4th February 2017, 17:54   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Cashback is happening, but slowly. My Dec-2016 cashback came in today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Received this sms just a few minutes ago:
I have also received cash back for December today. This time the amount is correct
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 10:13   #562
BHPian

Any one tried mailing the application form to ICICI Hosur road branch and getting the fastag ? Can you please let us know the address to be used ?
Any tip when doing this approach ?
thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 12:28   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Do check your account statement online. I had received SMS regarding debit of last months pending transactions being done last week as mentioned by others.

Got SMS for few transactions too, however on checking today saw that there were many other transactions which happened for which SMS was not send. Due to which the balance amount has come down.

If anyone is planning of any trip, do check your balance before starting. My balance is down by around Rs 400. Need to check if all transactions are valid or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Can you please let us know the address to be used ?
Any tip when doing this approach ?
thanks
This is the location of the place. As per earlier posts, it seems tags are out of stock. Do call them up before going to avoid disappointment.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 16:16   #564
h14
BHPian

Another surprise is that the new type tags that are being issued now does not work in Attibelle. Have not tried in E-way, so not sure. Works in all tolls in the B'lore-Coimbatore stretch except Attibelle where the guys flag me down on seeing this new type sticker. I had to argue in vain and to satisfy me, they let me enter the fastag lane to see that their claim was true. True to them, the display says "No Account".

It was really frustrating as this clearly seems their problem and they want me to get it resolved by contacting the tag provider!

Anyone faced similar issue?
Old 8th February 2017, 16:26   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Another surprise is that the new type tags that are being issued now does not work in Attibelle. Have not tried in E-way, so not sure. Works in all tolls in the B'lore-Coimbatore stretch except Attibelle where the guys flag me down on seeing this new type sticker. I had to argue in vain and to satisfy me, they let me enter the fastag lane to see that their claim was true. True to them, the display says "No Account".

Anyone faced similar issue?
Yes, this happened to me last Sunday (5/2) on the way back to Bangalore from Calicut. I just pointed my Fastag to the attendant and drove on. This was at the BETL booth (at Attibele I think it was fine; need to check the online logs). I figured it was a transient problem.
Old 9th February 2017, 17:45   #566
Team-BHP Support

The latest alternative is the IDFC Bank option. I went to BETL office. The ICICI guy Imdad told me to take the IDFC Bank option. i.e the chap sitting next to him - Naveen

Process and timeline was

25 Jan - Fill in form. I needed to make an online payment and inform the Naveen to add onto form. The transfer was not working from my phone. I was in a hurry so I said that I will make payment and call him.

25 Jan Evening - SMS giving my ID and Password

I could not get hold of Naveen on the phone. I got busy

30 Jan - IDFC SMS approving my payment and shows the balance (pretty patient of them to reconcile the bank details with applications!)

Then the fun started. Tried calling. Phone out of reach, not picking up,etc. The odd time I get them, they cant find details and then ask to call later. That wss a joke

9th Feb - Went there - Thry could not find my name at first but it was scrawled in the ledger somewhere. They found the tag and stuck it on and took pictures as proof

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_4588-1.jpg

Drove through FastTag lane - I dont think anything happened!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:32   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The latest alternative is the IDFC Bank option.
I guess yours is the first non ICICI Fastag on the forum.
The tag shape / design is almost as that of the company fitter RFID tags which comes on post 2014 vehicles.

Also, when possible could you please share screenshot of IDFC account login page. Just want to see how good their interface is since they are not a big player as ICICI.

Quote:
Drove through FastTag lane - I dont think anything happened!
Meaning it didn't work or account didn't get debited?
Old 9th February 2017, 18:48   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

If traveling on AH-47, please note that Fastag not applicable on Hubli-Dharwad by-pass. This section is operated by NICE
Old 9th February 2017, 18:53   #569
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes, this happened to me last Sunday (5/2) on the way back to Bangalore from Calicut. I just pointed my Fastag to the attendant and drove on. This was at the BETL booth (at Attibele I think it was fine; need to check the online logs). I figured it was a transient problem.
Thx. Attaching pic of my tag. Apparently this type tag doesn't work in Attibelle.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-p_20170128_171135_1_p_1.jpg
h14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 20:01   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If traveling on AH-47, please note that Fastag not applicable on Hubli-Dharwad by-pass. This section is operated by NICE
The other way to find this out would be quite easier too - When you don't see FASTag lane, it certainly would give you all hints that there is no FASTag there.

Have seen cases where many driving down to Bangalore on FASTag were in for an obvious shock when they didn't find FASTag lane once they entered NICE .

There are many who still think its part of NHDP but it is still a Private Road like NICE and no wonder Nandi Enterprises ensure to collect exorbitant toll of 61 INR for 30 kms of 2 lane here.

FASTag availability at KIAL, Devanahalli Toll Plaza:

I got mine today spending 20 minutes and it was activated instantly too. I am yet to test the same but I am sure this will be functional and won't give me any trouble.

Installation: - Preferred sticking this myself

Sooner of later, I will have to replace my windscreen, due to a small web like damage that happened 2 years ago and the fact that I periodically replace them if it starts showing signs of swirl marks (so far so good).

So, I peeled off the sticker covering the adhesive side and pasted transparent tape, completely covering that side and cut the tape exactly on the borders as per the shape of the Tag.

On the other side of the Tag, I pasted another strip of tape leaving 1 cm on either sides and then pasted this right inside the windscreen - Between IRVM and Driver Side A Pillar on top.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170209_160735bordermaker.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170209_182704bordermaker.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170209_182756bordermaker.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170209_182957bordermaker.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170209_183709bordermaker.jpg

And yes, this tag is different from the earlier Tags issued by ICICI. However, it looks similar to the one issued by IDFC bank (notice the Circled 4 on both the ICICI Tag of mine and the one shown by ajmat).

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170209_184000bordermaker.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170209_184050bordermaker.jpg

I also checked the statement and it shows the transaction that was done today - gives a break up of all the charges from that Rs. 500 which you pay.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-statementbordermaker.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th February 2017 at 20:10.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks