Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 12:38   #5821
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
So it appears that there is some common database/ infrastructure that is already present to ensure that only one tag is issued to a car.
NPCI site can list out which all tags are assigned against a registration number.

Link
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 14:48   #5822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Or, is there a way to disable the Axis bank one? It would be awesome if someone knowledgeable sheds some light on this.

What happens when one wants to sell their car - aren't we expected to close the tag account? So, there should be a way to close a tag account..
Sure, just contact Axis Fastag team and get the account closed. You'd also get the existing balance and security deposit if any refunded. I did just this when I got my car in 2019, the dealer had charged me Rs 500 and attached an Axis Fastag, their portal at the time (not sure how it is now) was useless.

I think I submitted a request using the contact form on Axis' website, I had to attach a copy of a cancelled cheque too. Few days later they emailed me from etc.management@axisbank.com saying that the wallet account is closed and another couple of days later, they processed the refund of Rs 400 (Rs 100 was the cost of thr tag itself which is non refundable).

I then went ahead and ordered a Paytm Fastag and it's working great ever since.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 23:10   #5823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
NPCI site can list out which all tags are assigned against a registration number.

Link
Thanks for the link. I could find the details of tags issued for my vehicles.

Now, there are three issues with the site :
  1. Data Security : Tag ID for a vehicle can be found out just by entering the registration number. No second factor authentication like Chassis No. or Mobile Number or OTP.
  2. Captcha : Does not change after executing a query. I was able to search for all my vehicles using single captcha.
  3. Data Entry format : Accepts upper case only. If number is entered in lower case, returns "Data not available. Please try later."
AutoNoob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 19:35   #5824

Had got my fastag from the Maruti dealer during delivery of my vehicle back in 2018. I used to recharge every now and then and it worked fine until Jan 2021.
One fine morning at 4AM had to leave to my native. I have to cross a lot of NHAI toll plazas with toll fee of upto Rs.450. Knew I was out of balance and tried to recharge but it failed. Finally called up the customer care and found out my KYC hadn't been done so I couldn't recharge. Although, my wallet had approx Rs. 120 left, couldn't cross even the tolls with fee of Rs.20 without paying double the amount.
Finally ended up paying close to 1k for the entire trip
Why set a minimum balance amount of Rs100 even when we've paid security deposits to the fastag banks??
Most of the times the tag is not detected automatically. In the time spent waiting for someone to manually scan the tag, one can pay cash and leave the plaza.
Old 30th September 2021, 15:47   #5825
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to understand fastest way to get FASTag for a brand new car. It is due for delivery next week and I should get the registration number in a couple of days (actual RC will take time). Dealer has mentioned that they help with FASTag but I didn't get clarity if the tag will be available on the day of delivery. I need to travel interstate on the next day of delivery so wondering what do it. Is there a way to purchase tag myself before delivery by using dealer and RTO tax invoice and where should I get it from? Also, if this is possible then can I get tag without actually taking the car to the sales point since I want to get tag before delivery. Any leads would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th September 2021 at 15:49.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:08   #5826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I had seen during the last year that the Big Toll booths issue these tags to cars etc. If you have any such facility closeby, I think a visit to them will give you a clear picture.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:16   #5827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to understand fastest way to get FASTag for a brand new car. It is due for delivery next week and I should get the registration number in a couple of days (actual RC will take time). Dealer has mentioned that they help with FASTag but I didn't get clarity if the tag will be available on the day of delivery. I need to travel interstate on the next day of delivery so wondering what do it. Is there a way to purchase tag myself before delivery by using dealer and RTO tax invoice and where should I get it from? Also, if this is possible then can I get tag without actually taking the car to the sales point since I want to get tag before delivery. Any leads would be helpful. Thanks in advance
You will be given an Active Fastag at the time of delivery itself.
It will be mapped to your VIN number.
Don't worry, it will be fully functional.

Later, when you receive the RC Card, you would need to get the KYC of the Fastag done, and update the Vehicle Number in the records.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:46   #5828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaithraju View Post
Had got my fastag from the Maruti dealer during delivery of my vehicle back in 2018. I used to recharge every now and then and it worked fine until Jan 2021....Knew I was out of balance and tried to recharge but it failed. Finally called up the customer care and found out my KYC hadn't been done so I couldn't recharge.
We ran in to the same issue recently. Multiple calls and e-mails to the helpline didn't...help. Finally my wife went to an Axis bank branch and as suspected the issue was with the Axis bank account linked to the fasttag, so they had to verify the KYC for that. Finally sorted and she can recharge online again now. Dunno why they have to create a new account each time they issue a new fasttag, seems like just a way for banks to pump up their number of accounts.

Quote:
Most of the times the tag is not detected automatically. In the time spent waiting for someone to manually scan the tag, one can pay cash and leave the plaza.
Yeah, that's been an issue with some toll plazas. But overall, it's still much faster and convenient with a tag than without and paying cash.

Last edited by am1m : 30th September 2021 at 16:53.
Old 1st October 2021, 00:06   #5829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I have tracked implementation of FASTag on Yamuna Expressway for last two years. The operator tried every trick possible to avoid/ delay the implementation. Increasing lanes would require another big persistent push from authorities. The operator surely wants to make FASTag as painful as possible, so that people start avoiding it on YEW.

Another case is the Western Peripheral Expressway (or Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway) around Delhi. No FASTag here as well as its operated by private entity. Whereas, its cousin, the Eastern Peripheral Expressway(EPE) has FASTag from almost day 1 as its operated by NHAI.

It's anybody's guess why private highway operators dread FASTag. All transaction info is recorded with government agency, leaving hardly any scope for cooking books.
Traveled on Western Peripheral Expressway today. And happy to report that Electronic Toll Collection via FASTag has started on it. 3~4 lanes are equipped with FASTag readers

Now I just hope YEW operator puts FASTag setup on more lanes.
Old 1st October 2021, 00:44   #5830
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, sending you a PM
Old 1st October 2021, 08:59   #5831

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
We ran in to the same issue recently. Multiple calls and e-mails to the helpline didn't...help......... the issue was with the Axis bank account linked to the fasttag, so they had to verify the KYC for that.
My fastag service provider is the same AXIS bank. But the account is in my dad's name. Tried sorting the issue personally by visiting the bank as my dad was busy but at first they just asked for photocopies of ID proofs, the next time I went they wanted it to be attested as well and at the 3rd visit they still wanted some other signatures they hadn't mentioned earlier. Was fed up with their service and told them I want to cancel the Fastag. Finally they agreed to do it. and guess what, all the branches dont offer this service, only the ones that are authorized to do so.(~6kms from where I live)

At times where other banks even public sector ones are offering online KYC these people still follow the old-school method of offline KYC
advaithraju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:33   #5832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My fastag service provider is the same AXIS bank.
At times where other banks even public sector ones are offering online KYC these people still follow the old-school method of offline KYC
Really pathetic, given a choice we wouldn't have opted for an Axis bank-linked fasttag either. Their service is terrible compared to any modern bank. Wonder why it was not possible for the government to allow people to just recharge online without having to go through only a particular bank. Wouldn't it be possible to just have a payment gateway like any e-commerce site? Why add another layer of process and bureaucracy for an idea that is meant to cut through precisely that. I'm sure there must be an explanation, but I'm guessing this is just a way for banks to raise the number of accounts on paper so that they get some benefits. Car dealers must also be getting some incentives to tie up with particular banks, especially pathetic ones like Axis.

Last edited by am1m : 1st October 2021 at 09:38.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:50   #5833
Senior - BHPian

I had installed a PayTM FASTag on my wife's Celerio. Never used it. Now the car is sold. The Manage PayTM FASTag Tab in the App gives the message "This feature is not yet available. Please wait for our next app update".
Any idea what to do. I need to disable the FASTag and get a replacement for the new car.
Old 1st October 2021, 10:05   #5834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Any idea what to do. I need to disable the FASTag and get a replacement for the new car.
Just call PayTM Cust Care for Fastag and cancel it.

Also, the Fastag for the new car will be altogether a new tag; doesn't depend on the old one. If you're buying a new car, the dealer will manage the tag. If pre-owned, you can order a new tag from any provider.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 08:21   #5835
BHPian

I use Paytm fastag on both my vehicles. Last week, Paytm offered me a line of credit which I can use and pay them monthly which is very similar to the credit card. My question is, will my fastags also come under this? In case I forget to load money to my fastag wallet, will it use the line of credit I already have? Please let me know if any of you have used this option. Thank in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks