Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 11:00   #5971
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Received this on WhatsApp. It was a pain earlier to pay cash.
When is this applicable from ? I recently traveled on Nice Road during December last week between Hosur Rd - Kanakapura Rd and it was not FASTag enabled. It was such a pain wasting 15 minutes and looking for change
Old 7th January 2022, 12:25   #5972
BHPian

My Fast tag was issued by IDFC. But the KYC update on their portal is not straight forward.
Though I uploaded the Aadhar as KYC proof it keeps throwing the error "Validation Error ! KYC limit exhausted."

Cannot recharge also.
The Customer care number on that FastTag page also seems to be useless as no one picks it, you are on wait forever.
Old 7th January 2022, 12:53   #5973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
When is this applicable from ?
I was informed that formal inauguration is scheduled today and hopefully FASTag payment will work from today evening.
Old 9th January 2022, 10:05   #5974
BHPian

I have a HDFC fastag which sometimes work and sometimes don't. It shows blacklisted at some tolls and works on some. Also sometimes it will work one way and not the other way i.e while going it works and while returning from the same toll it doesn't. There is enough balance in the tag. Any advice ?
Old 15th January 2022, 20:06   #5975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Just received a SMS today in the evening that 70 Rs has been dedcuted from myFast tag wallet at Anewadi Toll Plaza which is close to Satara in Maharasthtra while my car is parked at my home in Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I got an update in mail that I will getting the deducted amount added into my fast tag wallet by 11th of next month. Will wait and see if that happens. I hope it does not happen again. In that case will surely get the tag cancelled.
It's almost a month and the issue still persist. It was mentioned in the mail I will get the refund by 11 Jan but still no sign of the same. I mailed them twice now and today I called up their customer support and I have given them my comlpaint no and they said they have registered same. I am thinking of getting this tag cancelled and getting a new one.
Old 21st January 2022, 14:38   #5976
Senior - BHPian

One way toll amount for India's longest Expressway of 701-km between Mumbai and Nagpur to be ranging from Rs. 1,200 to Rs. 7,800.
Attached Images

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 15:07   #5977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
One way toll amount for India's longest Expressway of 701-km between Mumbai and Nagpur to be ranging from Rs. 1,200 to Rs. 7,800.
So upon averaging distance/number of toll booths, a car will ideally traverse through a toll booth every 15 minutes.
This expressway would be a boon for transportation of industrial goods.
Old 21st January 2022, 17:55   #5978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
So upon averaging distance/number of toll booths, a car will ideally traverse through a toll booth every 15 minutes.
Given that this is an expressway my guess is that they will have toll booths on access ramps and these are counted among the 26. I expect the actual number of toll points will average one every 60-70 km, or about 10-12 in total.
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:10   #5979
BHPian

I faced a strange issue with my HDFC fast tag. It had about 150 ₹ balance remaining and I wanted to top up it. Usually I do it via PhonePe app, but the app was not showing me the car details ! I tried 3-4 times but still it wasn't loading my car details. Tried through the Axis Bank mobile app, still same issue. Asked my sister and mom to do the recharge, they also faced the same issue - details not showing up. I asked my friend to do the recharge and he was able to do it via HDFC Fast tag site instantly. I wonder what's the issue. Did anyone else faced this or it's just one off incident ?
Old 27th January 2022, 13:51   #5980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
I've always been able to get through to them whenever I had any Fastag issues. They have been quite responsive and the issues were also resolved quite quickly. Are you not able to contact them at all or they have not been able to answer your doubts? Did you try their customer care number?
How on earth did you manage this feat? I have been contacting them for a month with 0 success. Have a new car and god knows why the dealer installed IDFC when there are better options available. The tag hasn't worked even once and has got blacklisted even though it has INR 2000 balance. The customer care number obviously doesn't work and I visited their nearest branch only to hear I'll have to contact the customer care number only.
Old 9th February 2022, 18:22   #5981
BHPian

For a brand new car, the dealer always puts Rs. 600 as FasTag charges. Can anyone tell me how much money do we get in that? I guess officially, FasTag charges are Rs. 100 and by that logic, if dealers charge Rs. 600 then I should get Rs. 500 balance which I am pretty sure won't be the case.
Can anyone suggest me how to avoid getting ripped off by dealer.

And please don't mention that I am booking a car which may be costing 6-10L and worried by few hundreds. It is not about the money but about ethics from dealer side (which I am sure they rarely have).
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 19:15   #5982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
For a brand new car, the dealer always puts Rs. 600 as FasTag charges. Can anyone tell me how much money do we get in that? I guess officially, FasTag charges are Rs. 100 and by that logic, if dealers charge Rs. 600 then I should get Rs. 500 balance which I am pretty sure won't be the case.

And please don't mention that I am booking a car which may be costing 6-10L and worried by few hundreds. It is not about the money but about ethics from dealer side (which I am sure they rarely have).
There is similar charge whether you buy from a fastag provider directly or via dealer. There is no rip off here AFAIK. I think 300 is security deposit and rest is your balance for use. Dealer can give you the breakup. No need to lose your sleep over it.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:45   #5983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

I can fully relate from where you are coming. May new car dealers have a mark up fee even in FasTag. Earlier FasTag charges are Rs. 100 Tag charges + Rs. 200 security deposit + Rs. 200 Threshold or Minimum balance which can be used to pay tolls in some providers. Given the adaption of FasTag, there is no threshold needs to be maintained now. So ideally, just Rs.300 is needed to get FasTag for a new car.

When I recently got my new car, I specifically asked for PayTM tag since my other car is also having PayTM and wallet load is quite easy as I don't have to run around for UPI ID of Tag account. But the SA was not sure and he told it will be random from their end. So I told him to proceed without Tag and manage the registration.

Once I got the RC in Digilocker the next day, applied in PayTM and got my tag. PayTM charges Rs. 350 now with Rs.100 as Tag charges and Rs. 250 as Threshold amount but no security deposit

If you have any preference you can inform dealer and get the FasTag activated during delivery itself so that you can verify the break-up for Rs. 600.

FYI - HDFC bank just charges Rs. 200 (100 Tag fee + 100 Security deposit). Refer the link here.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 10th February 2022 at 15:46.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:54   #5984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Once I got the RC in Digilocker the next day, applied in PayTM and got my tag.
Did the dealer deliver the car to you without fastag? Or only after you gave the paytm fastag, did he deliver the car?
Old 10th February 2022, 16:03   #5985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Did the dealer deliver the car to you without fastag? Or only after you gave the paytm fastag, did he deliver the car?
Car was delivered without FasTag but was requested to provide the FasTag ID once I got it for some records, not sure whether it is their own or RTO. I gave the FasTag ID once I received it from PayTM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks