Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 08:45   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Question: Is there a way to use the RFID provided by the vehicle manufacturer as FASTag? My TUV3OO already got an RFID provided by Mahindra.

A related news
That is a different tag. And not associated with a wallet. So no this won’t work. That news is a proposal for the distant future right now.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 10:21   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Read an article today in TOI mentioning that Govt has sent a draft notification making it mandatory for all new four wheelers (both passenger and goods vehicles) sold from OCT 1st to be fitted with Fasttag by the authorized dealers.

More info here.
Old 31st August 2017, 11:12   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Question: Is there a way to use the RFID provided by the vehicle manufacturer as FASTag? My TUV3OO already got an RFID provided by Mahindra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
They claim to have developed this through a Fastag partner app. This app will allow registration of the existing RFID tag on the windshield to be used as Fastag.
I have the same factory tag next to the RVM. I read somewhere that the fastag should not be next to the factory tag. Not sure how to position it correctly. Is there a conflict of signals ? Removing the factory tag could be a mistake as its required at the service points (I assume). If someone has both tags on the windshield, please post few pictures
Old 31st August 2017, 12:40   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Read an article today in TOI mentioning that Govt has sent a draft notification making it mandatory for all new four wheelers (both passenger and goods vehicles) sold from OCT 1st to be fitted with Fasttag by the authorized dealers.

More info
This is finally being done by the preferred method in our country, drag the supplier kicking and screaming into compliance, like with ATM access and national roaming.

The government can easily make it mandatory to send the tag to the given address for every new or updated registration. The dealers are complaining like they pick up the cost of registration in the current setup. Everyone who has a car is equipped to receive sms and use cheques, or they should be. The only hiccup I foresee is when a car is sold, the transfer of the tag should happen seamlessly, currently the system is a mess.
Old 31st August 2017, 12:41   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have the same factory tag next to the RVM. I read somewhere that the fastag should not be next to the factory tag. Not sure how to position it correctly. Is there a conflict of signals ? Removing the factory tag could be a mistake as its required at the service points (I assume). If someone has both tags on the windshield, please post few pictures
I have 3 tags on both my cars. 1 by the manufacturer, 2nd by the RTA (just below the manufacturer's tag) and 3rd an ICICI FasTag which is positioned just behind the IRVM so that it does not obstruct the driver's vision and is invisible from inside the cabin (and that is is where it is recommended by NHAI). Hope this helps.

The mnaufacturer installed tag was meant to be FasTag but as usual, various departments and Ministries could not coordinate between themselves and with Financial Institutions to make it work. Oct 1st is new deadline to make the same as FasTag.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 31st August 2017 at 12:44.
Old 31st August 2017, 16:50   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The manufacturer installed tag was meant to be FasTag but as usual, various departments and Ministries could not coordinate between themselves and with Financial Institutions to make it work. Oct 1st is new deadline to make the same as FasTag.
It would have been so convenient if 1 tag served every purpose. I just checked the factory tag position and its placed on the rubber dotted area beside the rear view mirror. My dashcam suction cup is visible in the pic below. The driver side of the rubber dotted area is empty, in that case it would be a perfect space to paste my fastag. My question is: Fastag need not be 100% visible from outside ? Will take a call on where to paste it based on the feedback here
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-tag.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 31st August 2017 at 16:52.
Old 31st August 2017, 19:30   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
It would have been so convenient if 1 tag served every purpose. I just checked the factory tag position and its placed on the rubber dotted area beside the rear view mirror. The driver side of the rubber dotted area is empty, in that case it would be a perfect space to paste my fastag. Will take a call on where to paste it based on the feedback here
Best is to go for top corner on driver's side of the windshield, that is, rightmost top corner. Do not affix behind IRVM, that is, do not place it next to manufacturer's affixed tag as the RFID in that will interfere with FasTag's RFID and tag will not get read with manual scanner at all.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 20:41   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would have been so convenient if 1 tag served every purpose. I just checked the factory tag position and its placed on the rubber dotted area beside the rear view mirror. My dashcam suction cup is visible in the pic below. The driver side of the rubber dotted area is empty, in that case it would be a perfect space to paste my fastag. My question is: Fastag need not be 100% visible from outside ? Will take a call on where to paste it based on the feedback here
Attachment 1671301
What you need to note that a lot of Fastag Lanes are manually operated i.e an attendant removes the cone or barricade to let a Fastag vehicle through. They expect the same to be below the IRVM and clearly visible. Else you will have to roll down your window and explain where it is.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 21:30   #1299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Here is how I have pasted the Tag on my car:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1504195037.455825.jpg

The factory tag is to the passenger side corner. Since I have the dashcam permanently mounted at the center of the windshield, pasting the tag at the center was not possible. Hence I chose to paste it on the passenger side of the IRVM. Sometimes detection has been slow until I pull very close to the antenna but apart from that no issues.

As I approach the fastag lane which has security, I just raise my hand and point towards the tag and they recognize and open the gate for me. Else if there are multiple tags they wont recognise fastag soon.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 09:36   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Here is how I have pasted the Tag on my car:
...Sometimes detection has been slow until I pull very close to the antenna but apart from that no issues.
Your tags are very much visible and both are well spaced. My factory tag is hidden behind the rubber dotted area. Driver side of the dotted space is empty. As far as I understand on the functioning of RFID with my 10k runs, its recognised by the rubber strips on the running trail (with detectors under it). So, is it not the same with our fastags too ? Even if manual scanners are used, they are not scanning a barcode or QR code. Its just detecting the chip which is inside the sticker. Please correct if my understanding is not right
Old 1st September 2017, 11:47   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

More info here.
On the surface, it looks like a good move. On the contrary, the dealer would sell the tag at an atrocious piece like they do with insurance. People who donot venture out onto highways will be at a loss. All fast tag cars will have only 1 lane to pass through at the tolls or most probably fight it out non fast tag cars in rest of the lanes.

Personally I have been using fast tag for more than a year, there are benefits but there has been no improvements in the infrastructure at the toll booth to cater to this initiative. This is the area, that needs to be addressed before enabling all new cars with fastag.
Old 1st September 2017, 13:46   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone applied online through Equitas small finance bank?
https://www.equitasbank.com/fastag.p...kaAt0wEALw_wcB

How credible is this?
Old 1st September 2017, 13:53   #1303
BHPian

I have seen that some people have a doubt regarding the CUG recharge and Tag balance. I would like to shed some light on that.

The following information is for ICICI FasTag. It may or may not be similar for other providers.

When we log in to the ICICI FasTag portal, we are taken to the Account Summary page. This acts like the main dashboard where all Account related details and linked Tag Accounts are listed. If you go to Payments>Recharge Account, you can either Recharge your CUG Account or your Tag Account. This can be toggled by an option which the designer has managed to hide very well. Please see the image below.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot-20170901-132041.png

Alternatively, from the Account Summary page, you can scroll down to see your Tag Account. Click the View Tag Account Summary. On the next screen, go to Payments>Recharge Account to directly recharge your Tag Account without any confusion.

Hope this solves why people get different options at different times.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 14:05   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
https://www.equitasbank.com/fastag.p...kaAt0wEALw_wcB

How credible is this?
Looks like nagarjun and rk_sans have applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I applied for fasttag from Equitas. It's a small finance bank.
They have the option of uploading the RC and other KYC documents online. I applied on 24th Aug 2017 night, the application got approved on 28th and I got the tag by courier on 30th Aug, inspite of the long holiday weekend.
Payment was also done online. Minimum is 500/-, out of which 200 is the deposit, 200 is the tag charge and 100 added to the tag balance.
Overall a very smooth process even the website looked a bit rudimentary.

Here is the link
https://fastag.equitasbank.com/

Only step pending is to try it out at a toll plaza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Had been trying to get in touch with the HDFC appointed guy for last 10 days and he never turned up after multiple calls.

Thanks for this link. Uploaded all the details and made the payment. Now the wait begins.
Only downside of this site is that, they are taking credit card for payments. It offered only debit card, debit card with atm pin and internet banking only.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 14:22   #1305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
A colleague had applied and got this in less than 3 working days, in Bangalore. It was delivered to his workplace.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks