Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 12:12   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Mine is fixed on the windshield but its not yet activated as informed by the customer support while cross checking. Hopefully its done by Monday. After reading tag and car manual instructions, I have pasted it on the mottled/shaded area of the glass, factory tag being on the other side. Right corner of the tag is 3 or 4mm off horizontal level which is going to irritate me whenever I look at it Unfortunately we cant remove and level it again !! Picture below.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-tag.jpeg
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:44   #1322
BHPian

So I recently got a tag from HDFC bank and although I am pretty satisfied with everything, I realised PayTM finally started selling them. I want to get one from PayTM because it's just an easier process and mobile friendly. What should I do about the previous tag? Will I need to de-activate it and then activate the new one? Or I can just remove the old tag and stick the new one and it works right away?
beingyukeit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 00:46   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
So I recently got a tag from HDFC bank and although I am pretty satisfied with everything, I realised PayTM finally started selling them. I want to get one from PayTM because it's just an easier process and mobile friendly. What should I do about the previous tag? Will I need to de-activate it and then activate the new one? Or I can just remove the old tag and stick the new one and it works right away?
Yes you can remove the old one and put the new one. Though your 100bucks for the first one would be wasted then.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 01:01   #1324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
After reading tag and car manual instructions, I have pasted it on the mottled/shaded area of the glass
I hope that won't be a problem (pasting on that shaded patch i.e.) but do let us know regardless. I'd really prefer pasting it there but like someone said, the security folks won't remove the barrier unless he spots it clearly on the windshield.

Glad to know PayTM has tied up with Fastag. Filled up the form for them to get in touch.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 09:13   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Yes you can remove the old one and put the new one. Though your 100bucks for the first one would be wasted then.
The dispatch time of the PayTM tag is horrible. I placed an order yesterday and they say it will ship on 21st Sept and should arrive by 23rd Sept! What could possibly be taking them that long? HDFC gave me the tag in 3 days flat with activation!
Old 4th September 2017, 10:10   #1326
BHPian

I have ordered Fastag from PayTM today. Delivery date indicated is 17 Sep. I understand that I will need to upload copy of my car's RC. How will I be intimated about when and where to upload RC? Does one need to upload documents other than RC as well?
Old 4th September 2017, 10:18   #1327
BHPian

As much as I appreciate paperless transactions, the whole point of getting Fasttag is to pass through congested tolls without much hassle during peak traffic hours, weekends.

This has not been the case most of the time, only during non-peak hours I see most of the fast tag lanes manned and they allow only tag'd vehicles through. Once the crowd picks up they are helpless, everybody are let through these lanes. I literally had to argue with them about it most of the times, there should be a better way to handle this I believe

This has happened in Bangalore - Tirupati Highway and Bangalore - Chennai route as well, I guess we need to re-think the advantages of Fasttag and keep our expectations to bare minimum

Last edited by kishore1984 : 4th September 2017 at 10:19. Reason: grammar :)
kishore1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 10:22   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
I have ordered Fastag from PayTM today. Delivery date indicated is 17 Sep. I understand that I will need to upload copy of my car's RC. How will I be intimated about when and where to upload RC? Does one need to upload documents other than RC as well?
I am guessing the instructions will be available in the couriered kit. People who already have a PayTM fastag can throw some light.

My experience on the Mumbai - Ahmedabad NH8

Khaniwade Toll Plaza
*While going towards Silvassa, went through smoothly with the FASTag lane empty for only tagged vehicles.

*While coming back to Mumbai, too many trucks in the FASTag lane. I understand trucks would also have FASTags but to my surprise, I noticed many of them paying cash. I went in the normal lane and asked the head to manually scan my tag. He didn't have the tag so he let me pass without paying.

Charoti Toll Plaza
*Normal vehicles were allowed in FASTag lane even without heavy traffic.

*While coming back again many vehicles in the FT lane. I patiently waited keeping a distance and getting honked. Most people in front of me paid cash.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 4th September 2017 at 10:57. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 4th September 2017, 10:46   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
I am guessing the instructions will be available in the couriered kit. People who already have a PayTM fastag can throw some light.
I think the docs will need to be uploaded before the kit is couriered.
Old 4th September 2017, 11:14   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*
Right corner of the tag is 3 or 4mm off horizontal level which is going to irritate me whenever I look at it Unfortunately we cant remove and level it again !! Picture below.*SNIP*
Heheheheheheh. From one OCD-sufferer to another, I feel your pain!

My tag too is just that little bit tilted; but luckily for me, I have stuck it behind the mirror where I cannot see it from inside the car. I can only see it from the outside.

If my tag were in the same position and tilt as yours, I could never drive again! Very detrimental to my mental health LOL.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 11:37   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
After few days of ordering PAYTM FASTag, you will receive an SMS on your PAYTM linked mobile number with a URL for submission of information and there you have to submit scanned copy of car's RC. Once done you may get a call from PAYTM FASTag for confirmation. Then your FASTag will be shipped by PAYTM to your address. Also, you should check in your PAYTM >Passbook and you should be able to see FASTag with a tag mentioned with your provided vehicle number. I have received PAYTM FASTag and on Saturday was able to see information related to FASTag under PAYTM Passbook.
Old 4th September 2017, 11:59   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
.... From one OCD-sufferer to another, I feel your pain!
If my tag were in the same position and tilt as yours, I could never drive again! Very detrimental to my mental health LOL.
I was reserved about posting that line, now I am relieved, atleast someone understands my pain ! That dashcam itself is an eyesore for me (because I wanted a hidden cam, which I am still hunting), now the tag is adding to that, because I always prefer a clean and clutter free windscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
....you have to submit scanned copy of car's RC. Once done you may get a call from PAYTM FASTag for confirmation....
My tag is not yet activated, although its pasted on the glass, I think I missed that call from them. I remember a repeated unknown number while my number was on a conference call. Noone attended on calling back. I fought with the support yesterday, he said it will be active within 24 hours. Waiting to see the 'fastag' line on my paytm app
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 13:50   #1333

I ordered a paytm fastag on 18th Aug. I received the SMS, uploaded the docs & got a confirmation call as well. From 1st Sep, I can see the fastag section in my paytm wallet with the amount and today I received a mail saying "Fastag delivered".
But in reality I haven't received the tag. There is no tracking number in teh app as well. I called up paytm and raised a complaint but they say we'll track and update in 24-48 hours.
I cannot believe a company like paytm doesn't provide me a details of courier and tracking. Really disappointed!

Anyone else faced this issue? Received the delivery mail before the actual delivery?
Old 4th September 2017, 14:02   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
My tag is not yet activated, although its pasted on the glass, I think I missed that call from them. I remember a repeated unknown number while my number was on a conference call. Noone attended on calling back. I fought with the support yesterday, he said it will be active within 24 hours. Waiting to see the 'fastag' line on my paytm app
i missed a few calls as well, however the fastag is activated, yet to stick it to the windscreen but paytm shows fastag balance of INR150.
Old 4th September 2017, 15:31   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkudva View Post
I ordered a paytm fastag on 18th Aug.
I cannot believe a company like paytm doesn't provide me a details of courier and tracking. Really disappointed!

Anyone else faced this issue? Received the delivery mail before the actual delivery?
I ordered it on 24th and it was delivered today to my security at home. However, since I will be heading to my native after work, I can only check it tomorrow evening. Mine was shipped on saturday through Bluedart. Have they indicated by what means the fastag is shipped? If not, then it could be some goof up in their process. From what I noticed dealing with their customer care, they are pretty disconnected from info and what you can see on the app is what they know too. Totally useless and they wont be able to offer you a solution apart from letting you know the same info available to us through our interface.

Quote:
I was reserved about posting that line, now I am relieved, atleast someone understands my pain ! That dashcam itself is an eyesore for me (because I wanted a hidden cam, which I am still hunting), now the tag is adding to that, because I always prefer a clean and clutter free windscreen

Add me to the OCD list. Thats why I took time and effort to mount my dashcam like how they do it in cars that come with a forward camera and ensured that the Fastag is aligned well in line with the border of the windshield. If you are irritated by the placement, you can remove the top sticker and reposition it without moving the actual RFID tag.

The RFID tag is printed on a transparent adhesive sticker which is destructible upon removal. The white background is another sticker on this transparent sticker on which the logos are printed. This background is printed separately per provider. Hence, the logo varies. You can remove this background separately and stick it back where and how you want it. Hence, you can try this. While peeling, ensure that you peel it from a corner and the transparent sticker remains intact on the windscreen. Perhaps, you can totally remove the background sticker and paste it elsewhere without any issue. I can post a video in the evening on how it is in my Celerio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks