Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 09:45   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Reposting this from the other thread...

Guys,

Need a clarification. I applied for fastag through ICICI branch. The bank executive collected all the paper work from me and I have received the account numner in sms. I am yet to hear from him on the tag.

However with the account number I was able to register and login to icici fastag site. Over here I see that my licence plate listed has a missing letter. Instead of KA51Pxxxx, it is showing as KA51xxxx.

How to get this corrected?
Better to contact the ICICI Fastag representative itself and get it corrected. You will have to make sure your car number is linked correctly to the Fastag RFID tag as well.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th August 2016 at 11:07. Reason: as requested
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 09:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
How to get this corrected?
You can contact ICICI representatives at Bangalore branch-
  • Nagesh - 9986580842
  • Sandeep - 9513385794

They would deliver the tag at your location and also would guide you on process of correction of entry.
Old 18th August 2016, 12:06   #33
BHPian

I have had FASTag fixed to my car since April this year.
It works some times at toll plazas, most of the times I have to move the car forward and back a few times.

The issue is the scanners are not installed properly. In some toll plazas they could not get the implementation correct, so now they have someone with a handheld scanner so that toll collection can be done.

Tamilnadu road transport buses are fixed with FASTag and hence all the fixed scanners are positioned/oriented to scan for those, this makes the angle not correct for cars. This i have observed in tolls plazas of Tamilnadu.
CarJunki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 12:59   #34
BHPian

From what I've read so far, this is an extremely useful option on highway trips. Has anyone used this on the Bangalore-Kerala route? Have there been any hiccups or issues?

The route I'm referring to is Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Coimbatore-Thrissur.
Old 18th August 2016, 13:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensjoseph View Post
From what I've read so far, this is an extremely useful option on highway trips. Has anyone used this on the Bangalore-Kerala route? Have there been any hiccups or issues?

The route I'm referring to is Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Coimbatore-Thrissur.
Based on my personal experience it works till Salem. Based on another tbhp member's experience it works till Coimbatore. Not aware after that

At krishnagiri it is a free pass mostly
Old 18th August 2016, 15:18   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can refer what TBHPIAN Bejoy updated in other thread

Quote:
An update from the Bangalore Kochi trip.

Fastag worked at 7 out of 9 NHAI tolls.

Only Walayar toll (not listed as active toll on the website) did not have the system working though a dedicated lane is present, which is cordoned off. No manual scan device is available.

Trissur toll did have the automated system but could not detect the tag. Even manual scan did not work. I was told that the system is working and a couple of cars had already passed. The technician told that I have stuck the tag close to the tag from Mahindra(came with the car) and the scanner is reading it instead of Fastag. I had to pay cash finally.

Except Trissur toll, all had the etc lane cordoned off and allowed only cars with tags after checking visibly.

So, except Coimbatore bypass(non NHAI) and Walayar, all the tolls are a breeze now.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 17:26   #37
BHPian

In this day and age when even a bank account can be opened with minimal steps on a mobile phone (DBS Bank), when aadhar based e-verification is a reality and where vehicle details are available in on online publicly accessible database,
why is this process so long and tedious?
jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 17:54   #38

Excellent article mpksuhas. I am traveling to cochin via salem the end of this month and I am planning to buy the FASTag to ease the journey. Lets hope it goes well.
ashscool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 18:39   #39
BHPian

Best part is you do not have to keep so many coins and toffees that they generally give back as change.
Old 18th August 2016, 18:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:

It worked all the way till Thrissur when I went to Kerala last Friday. It is manual scan at Dharmapuri, a phone in program at Paliyekkara (attendant calls and share the vehicle number etc) and you need to pay cash at Coimbatore L&T Bye Pass.
Old 18th August 2016, 21:03   #41
BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Today had to do multiple trips on the Elevated Highway at Bangalore.
So what I generally do is to just occupy the FasTag lane and keep a safe distance (6-7 mts) from the vehicle ahead. Only after that vehicle clears the boom barrier, I take my vehicle forward. .
In Bangalore, I have seen cutting lanes and dodging into gaps is very common a practice, especially when the queues are long. Wondering if it would be a challenge to keep such tricksters off when I am forced to keep a 6 meter distance behind the vehicle ahead of me.
Old 18th August 2016, 21:43   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Wondering if it would be a challenge to keep such tricksters off when I am forced to keep a 6 meter distance behind the vehicle ahead of me.
Fastag lanes have longer partitions between lanes compared to normal lanes. This means you can wait for car ahead to finish transaction without worrying about anyone cutting across lane.

However , be prepared for continuous honking from behind from non Fastag vehicles wondering why you are not moving ahead.
Old 18th August 2016, 21:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Is ICICI the only bank which issues the Fastag or do other banks issue it too?
Old 18th August 2016, 22:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Is ICICI the only bank which issues the Fastag or do other banks issue it too?
Axis bank also provides. I took from ICICI, in my case they were willing to come and collect the documents. They came back to fix the tag to car. All this at my place. With Bangalore traffic, this worked better for me.
Old 19th August 2016, 07:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

I got my Fastag last week before my trip to Pune. It took 4 working days for the tag to be ready.
I went and submitted the documents at the Bommanahalli branch of ICICI and collected it from there.
It worked in 70% of the tolls between Bangalore and Pune and also on Mumbai-Pune Expressway. In some tolls, the fastag lane was occupied by other cars and trucks and caused more delay than normal lanes.
But it did save a lot of time when they were letting in only fastag vehicles.
Still needs improvement and toll operators should ensure only fastag vehicles are allowed in dedicated lanes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks