Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 20:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Steps to get Fastag in Chennai

I Finally managed to submit documents for Fastag in Chennai to the executive. I got the contact of Mr. Madhavan, who is the manager for Fastag, based out of Chennai. Even-though he is in sales team, he supposedly sits at office only and doesn't go out to field visits. Good for a customer, bad for the company.

Option 1: If you stay near Ambattur or don't mind travelling to Ambattur, You may call Mr. Madhavan, Manager for Fastag, fix an appointment with him and go as per your mutual convenience.

Option 2: If you aren't comfortable travelling to Ambattur, you may reach Mr. Senthil, Sales executive / field person, who would come to collect documents from your residence / office. I had him come to Taramani, where my office is.

I used option 2, as I stay at velachery and my office is at Taramani and Ambattur is approx. 25-30 kms one way and the total time would be a little less than four hours, including traffic and waiting time at ICICI.

Lessons Learnt:
  1. The customer care is very poor, with resect to sales generation. When a lead is obtained, the ball is dropped and there is no attempt to reach the customer back. Answers are template-ish and diplomatic. First time: We will attend to this on priority. Second time follow up: We will attend to this on high-priority. Third time: We will attend to this on the highest priority. . At the end of the day, nothing moves. A ticket is created and closed within thirty minutes.
  2. Chennai sales team, doesn't seem so aggressive as Bangalore team.
  3. There is some info-leak inside ICICI itself, no one called me for Fastag, but someone called me for opening a savings account with them.
  4. Mr. Madhavan, advocated to use online option to place a request, but when I said, there are cases of online option failure, as reported in T-BHP, he said ok, he can send someone to collect it.
  5. I mentioned that I am a prospective customer and reached the Call Centre for new sales, no action is being taken (unlike home loan / credit card and other products). He just said Ok, I will send the person.

Madhavan (Manager): 89398 14378
Senthil (Sales Exec): 98417 57699

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th August 2016 at 23:46. Reason: Contact number added
scopriobharath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 20:50   #77
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Recent FasTag experience:
I had some work in the Makali & Alur areas so had to take the Elevated section on Tumkur Road.
At the down ramp, the second from left is the FasTag lane and 2 stocky security guys were manning it with a barricade. Indicated to them that I have the tag, so they gestured asking me to wait while they wrote the number down in a book. Passed right through the lane, none of the lights changed colors, it was red all through. When I passed the toll booth, there was an element of doubt if I'd done something wrong. Luckily there was an attendant sitting on a chair at the exit of the lane so I checked with him. He said FasTag is flaky there and works sometimes and doesn't work other times.
When I try to recollect, I don't even remember seeing sensors like the ones I've seen at other toll plazas, so not really sure what the real status is. Haven't received SMS nor any transaction in the FasTag account for all the times I've used it at this toll.

On the return journey, entered the mini-toll plaza from the service road. There was a security guy outside the booth assisting the attendant sitting inside, told him I have the FasTag and he just waved me on. Again, no SMS/transaction.
Old 29th August 2016, 21:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Did Bangalore-Tirupati-Bangalore trip last weekend.

I can see it is best not to use FASTag lanes in this stretch till KA border. Simply pay cash and move on which is fastest in terms of time.

Tolls near Hoskote and before Mulbagal do have FASTag lanes but all vehicles are allowed in them. When i said, i have FASTag, the operator is requesting some other person standing nearby to go and get the manual hand held scanner from office which is about 5 minutes casual walk for them. I don't understand what is the point in keeping the scanner inside the office instead of keeping it in the toll booth itself in FASTag lane. How Stupid!

The funny part is in Hoskote toll, they have another dedicate lane (Lane 1 think in far right corner) which reads only RFID Tag vehicles. But this is not for FASTag as they have separate lane for FASTag which operates as mixed lane.

I don't remember seeing any FASTag lane in last toll just before KA-AP border, so no option.

All in all, no point in using FASTag in this route towards Chittoor. FASTest is to pay by cash and move on.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 09:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Can I get the Fastag on the same day If i visit any of the toll booths with the relevant documents?
Old 30th August 2016, 11:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Did Bangalore-Tirupati-Bangalore trip last weekend.

The funny part is in Hoskote toll, they have another dedicate lane (Lane 1 think in far right corner) which reads only RFID Tag vehicles. But this is not for FASTag as they have separate lane for FASTag which operates as mixed lane.
FasTag lane was the 5th from right side (2nd from left) at Hoskote Toll when entering Bangalore city in early June 2016. All traffic was being allowed. The toll was very crowded and 15 vehicles in queue in each lane and time being taken was same for each lane. The RFID reader was non functional. I told the booth operator that I insist to pay only through my FasTag account and will not pay cash. He asked the security guard to manually raise the boom barrier, I guess, to avoid queues from lengthening. 17/- saved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Can I get the Fastag on the same day If i visit any of the toll booths with the relevant documents?
I carried all documents as needed including xeroxes and got my FasTag account as well as tag activated in flat 15 minutes at NHAI office at Hyderabad in late May 2016. They had an ICICI representative sitting there to do the paperwork. No idea of present situation.

I paid the money in cash. Got a proper signed and stamped computer generated printed receipt for it. Saw the correct balance showing in my account as seen from ICICI representative's log in. Came home, created my log in and the correct balance was showing. Issuance of cheque will delay activation of account since they have to wait for the cheque to clear.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 30th August 2016 at 11:13.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I paid the money in cash. Got a proper signed and stamped computer generated printed receipt for it. Saw the correct balance showing in my account as seen from ICICI representative's log in. Came home, created my log in and the correct balance was showing. Issuance of cheque will delay activation of account since they have to wait for the cheque to clear.
In Chennai - the ICICI bank insisted on issuing a cheque and they were NOT ready to accept cash. I was ready to pay cash, to reduce the turnaround time of processing but was forced to give cheque only.

Funny, why the process is different across locations, when at the end of the day, money goes to the same ICICI bank account.
Old 30th August 2016, 14:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
In Chennai - the ICICI bank insisted on issuing a cheque and they were NOT ready to accept cash. I was ready to pay cash, to reduce the turnaround time of processing but was forced to give cheque only.

Funny, why the process is different across locations, when at the end of the day, money goes to the same ICICI bank account.
Could be they have stopped accepting cash. Maybe there might have been an incident or two. I paid in cash in May. When did you pay?
Old 30th August 2016, 14:25   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

The Devanahalli toll booth on NH7 under the Airport clover leaf does not accept fast-tag. I had to pay 120 bucks for the return trip since the operator said that the fast tag does not work in that toll booth!
Old 30th August 2016, 15:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Could be they have stopped accepting cash. Maybe there might have been an incident or two. I paid in cash in May. When did you pay?
I paid yesterday (29th August 2016) . They were strict on cheque and insisted on cheque only.
Old 30th August 2016, 15:12   #85
BHPian

My FASTag Experience.

I am very happy with FASTag so far.

I have traveled to Thrissur in the second week of August.

There are 10 toll Plazas between Bangalore - Thrissur. Out of these, 9 are Fastag enabled. One exception is the L&T Madhukkarai Toll.

Since that was a long weekend, there were long queues at the toll booths (up to 25 vehicles in each lane). Thanks to FASTag, I could pass through the tolls very comfortably. Felt like a VIP . Must have saved at least 30-45 minutes.

Check the attached video.

iVento is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 17:33   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Travelled to Sakleshpur and FASTag worked on 9/10 instances.

Hence I ended up paying only for 3(auto debit)+1(manual pay) tolls instead of 10.
Got 2 messages from ICICI on 28th Aug i.e 2 weeks after the journey
Quote:
Your account xxxx, Vehicle no. yyyyyy has been debited Rs 20.00 0n 28-08-2016 for Toll charges at Bangalore Nelamangala toll plaza on 25-08-2016 14:55

Your account xxxx, Vehicle no. yyyyyy has been debited Rs 20.00 0n 28-08-2016 for Toll charges at Bangalore Nelamangala toll plaza on 27-08-2016 05:53
Now the question is this: Is NHAI debiting my account for the journey on 13th & 15th Aug OR has my account been mapped to some other RFID as well

Anyone here who has had similar experience?
Old 31st August 2016, 09:15   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Got 2 messages from ICICI on 28th Aug i.e 2 weeks after the journey

Now the question is this: Is NHAI debiting my account for the journey on 13th & 15th Aug OR has my account been mapped to some other RFID as well

Anyone here who has had similar experience?
Did you return on the same day? Or was it a single trip only?

I have a similar issue, On august 15th, I crossed Krishnagiri toll towards hosur. But they have charged me for the return trip as well. Now I am not sure if this is for a earlier trip or its a mistake/bug. So, opened a ticket with ICICI Fastag team.
Old 31st August 2016, 10:38   #88
BHPian

Hi,
For cars having factory attached RFID stickers, is it possible to link FASTag account to the same sticker?

Saw this at the FASTag website :
Attached Images

Last edited by kashyapz8055 : 31st August 2016 at 10:46.
kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 10:54   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Hi,
For cars having factory attached RFID stickers, is it possible to link FASTag account to the same sticker?

Saw this at the FASTag website :

Refer to the FAQ section on
http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...stag-faqs.page

Quote:
I have new vehicle fitted with RFID Tag. How to get it activated?
We are exploring ways to use these tags for ETC , however it will require some new technical development. It will also be subject to tag being in proper condition without any damage or tampering.
rajakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 13:27   #90
BHPian

Today I gave documents to ICICI person for FASTag. They are taking only cheque for Rs. 500, out of which Rs. 200 is charges, Rs. 200 is security deposit and Rs. 100 will be deposited in FASTag account for usage.

I had called one person Keshav (whose name & number was given by a BHPian in this thread) and he sent his person to collect documents. They will hand over the tag after 7 working days, I was told.

Most Viewed