Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 09:58   #136
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Applied for FASTag a couple of weeks back, a guy collected all docs last week and the cheque was realised last friday. Got a text saying an account number has been allotted and it's active. No calls or any further communication. Where do I get the tag from? Is there a helpline? Tried calling the guy who came to collect the docs, but he doesn't answer the call.
Old 7th September 2016, 10:12   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Applied for FASTag a couple of weeks back, a guy collected all docs last week and the cheque was realised last friday. Got a text saying an account number has been allotted and it's active. No calls or any further communication. Where do I get the tag from? Is there a helpline? Tried calling the guy who came to collect the docs, but he doesn't answer the call.
An ICICI FASTag representative had contacted me a couple of days after receiving the SMS informing me of the account getting activated. He delivered the tag in person later during the same day
Old 7th September 2016, 14:01   #138
BHPian

One question from the FASTAG experts on the forum - If you do a to and fro trip within a day which carries a lower Toll than a single trip and you have a fastag and do not pay cash, how much toll will get deducted?
Will it be charged individual single trip each side or the reduced charge for two way trip?
Old 7th September 2016, 14:09   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
One question from the FASTAG experts on the forum - If you do a to and fro trip within a day which carries a lower Toll than a single trip and you have a fastag and do not pay cash, how much toll will get deducted?
Will it be charged individual single trip each side or the reduced charge for two way trip?
Assuming one way toll as 95 and two way toll as 140.

For your outward journey, you will get debited 95.

If your return is within 24 hours or same day depending on the rules of that toll, you will be debited 45. The system calculates it automatically.
Old 7th September 2016, 14:21   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Assuming one way toll as 95 and two way toll as 140.

For your outward journey, you will get debited 95.

If your return is within 24 hours or same day depending on the rules of that toll, you will be debited 45. The system calculates it automatically.
This facility is not available in tolls handled by L&T. At these tolls, 95 + 95 will be deducted.

Example: Thopur Toll on Bangalore - Salem highway doesn't have this facility. They deduct 86 + 86, even if you return on the same day.

Quote:
In some cases as mentioned above, single trip charges will be deducted both-ways.

Last edited by arun_josie : 7th September 2016 at 14:23.
Old 7th September 2016, 14:58   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My understanding is that it depends on the contract which NHAI has with the toll operator. FasTag as a system is able to calculate the right amount of toll. For example, in BETL if I make an up and down trip, it only deducts Rs.20 on my return trip. Rs.40 is taken on my on my first trip. Rs.60 is the fare they collect for a "day pass" any ways.

But if the toll agreement does NOT have this concept of reduced toll for "frequent travelers" then FasTag would NOT work violating that contract. It would continue to deduct the full toll, irrespective of the trips made.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 12:33   #142
Team-BHP Support

I am planning to get my ride Fastag'ed since I do Chennai - Palakkad runs quite often and if I can save some money and time spent, it will be a huge boon!

My only query is, sometimes I spot a security sitting in front of the Fastag lane blocking it (possibly to prevent non-Fastag users going through the lane) and sometimes it is left open for all the users when the toll booth is experiencing a huge crowd. Is there no consistency in this aspect? I mean, they should let only the Fastag users through that lane, isn't it?

BTW great thread Suhas! Cleared all my doubts.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 16:59   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
My only query is, sometimes I spot a security sitting in front of the Fastag lane blocking it su
Thanks.
No, there is no consistency on that. If it's a dedicated lane they will open the barricade for you as you approach the lane.
If there is no dedicated lane or as you mentioned, it's is open for all during rush you will have to wait in queue. In this case only advantage is that you don't need to handle the change.
Old 10th September 2016, 19:59   #144
BHPian

Today I had gone to Hoskote toll booth to procure Fastag for my ride before the Kurnool meet up. Unfortunately the guy at the office said there were some problems with the detection of the Fastag in tho old lot, so they were waiting for the new lot to arrive.
My advice would be to confirm before you go to the toll booths.

Last edited by redcruiser : 10th September 2016 at 20:01.
Old 10th September 2016, 22:53   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

I understand that IHMCL has changed the shape of the FASTag to a square shape (rather than the rectangular shape) to differentiate it from the generic RFID tags fitted to all cars since 2014.

That could be the real reason rather than the detection excuse.
Old 11th September 2016, 15:36   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
My understanding is that it depends on the contract which NHAI has with the toll operator. FasTag as a system is able to calculate the right amount of toll. For example, in BETL if I make an up and down trip, it only deducts Rs.20 on my return trip. Rs.40 is taken on my on my first trip. Rs.60 is the fare they collect for a "day pass" any ways.

But if the toll agreement does NOT have this concept of reduced toll for "frequent travelers" then FasTag would NOT work violating that contract. It would continue to deduct the full toll, irrespective of the trips made.
Thanks. But assuming there is a return fare for a TOLL and it does not work with FASTAG. Where should the consumer raise the grievance?
Old 11th September 2016, 22:26   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. But assuming there is a return fare for a TOLL and it does not work with FASTAG. Where should the consumer raise the grievance?
Its a 50:50 situation. Some toll guys do allow us to pass without payment when there is a technical issue. But some ask us to do the manual payment.

(Or) Do the full payment, then raise a ticket with ICICI fastag team with the scanned copy of the toll receipt.
Old 12th September 2016, 09:37   #148
BHPian

Have a long driving trip coming up in the first week of October. Reading a few experiences above, planning to go to this BETL office near EC city and get it done, rather than wait for the executives to turn up. Where exactly is this office? Also is parking space available there?
Old 12th September 2016, 10:04   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
My only query is, sometimes I spot a security sitting in front of the Fastag lane blocking it (possibly to prevent non-Fastag users going through the lane) and sometimes it is left open for all the users when the toll booth is experiencing a huge crowd. Is there no consistency in this aspect? I mean, they should let only the Fastag users through that lane, isn't it?
Security would move out and open the gate for you when they realize that you have Fastag, you would be a VIP after this.

Yes, sometimes, based on crowd / traffic pile up, they open the gate for all. It is difficult to align to the Fastag booth in that case.

But even if it works for 50% of the tools, it is worth it. Would definitely same minimum of 30 minutes during your trips.
Old 12th September 2016, 11:04   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Have a long driving trip coming up in the first week of October. Reading a few experiences above, planning to go to this BETL office near EC city and get it done, rather than wait for the executives to turn up. Where exactly is this office? Also is parking space available there?
This office is exactly next to DMart, you need to take an immediate left after DMart and once you turn right again first building is BETL office. You can enter the gate and it has ample parking space.

Exact Location
fusionbang is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks