Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2016, 18:04   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Airport to City Fastag lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Works on and off for me. I usually try a second time by exiting via the right-hand side and go around again. It DOES work sometimes that way.
It could be an issue with delay in authentication.

In similar scenarios, I usually stop below the sensor and wait for few seconds till the gates / green lights come up.
Old 12th October 2016, 18:08   #197
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Did my first Fastag trip on Monday. Thoppur was the first one. There was a bit of drama involved. I stopped near the cabin; there was no sign of the boom barrier opening. The lights were red as well. And I thought, Oh, I am left with a faulty tag. The person at the other cabin asked me to go forward and bingo, the barrier opens up!
Krishnagiri, it was a manual scan. The security personnel did a manual scan before I entered the toll.

I heard that during rush hours, even access to fastag lanes a blocked?
Thoppur toll had the fastag gate mentioned as gate 11 about 500 meters from the toll. Thats a good thing.
Overall, I was able to beat the queue and almost zip thru
Old 18th October 2016, 09:54   #198
BHPian

Applied for my FASTag yesterday by visiting the ICICI branch in person. Hassle free process. Signed copies of RC, Aadhar card and PAN. Gave a cheque for 500 Rupees and filled the form with a passport size photo. I have been asked to come after 3 days to collect the tag.

One query to this group is, does fastag allow credit? If I start my trip with a balance of say 600 rupees and exhaust this amount on the way. Can I cross the toll with zero balance which can be paid once I refill my account upon reaching the destination?

Regards,
Karthik Iyer
Old 18th October 2016, 10:45   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 View Post
does fastag allow credit? If I start my trip with a balance of say 600 rupees and exhaust this amount on the way. Can I cross the toll with zero balance which can be paid once I refill my account upon reaching the destination?
No. You should have sufficient balance in your a/c at the time of passing through the toll gate.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 19:30   #200
BHPian

Bombay :

Currently taking a ride in Ola ( Indica ) from Vashi to Mulund. The car is fastagged and we just passed Airoli toll that has a dedicated ETC lane. It so happened that we initially queued up for the ETC lane but there were a lot of vehicles ahead of us. My cabbie immediately gave up and shifted to the next normal lane and decided to pay up by cash. I asked him why he did so and whether there was no balance in the accoun or so. He replied saying there is lot of balance left but he chose to skip the ETC lane because passing through normal lane would be faster. To my surprise, indeed it was a relatively quick affair paying through cash and getting past the toll. The ETC lane was much slower though it was functional. I am not exactly sure if non-fasttagged vehicles were also let in the ETC lane but from whatever I could figure out, it looked like only fasttagged cars were passing through the ETC lane but somehow it was moving slow. I felt quite strange that conventional method proved to be much faster than Fastag, but hey this might be a one off case.

Last edited by vivek95 : 20th October 2016 at 19:41.
Old 20th October 2016, 20:34   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone replaced the Fastag RFID due to any damages?
Actually, windscreen in my car is getting replaced and we couldn't remove the Fastag RFID without any damages. So, I would like to know if anyone has replaced the RFID and if so, what is the process?
Old 20th October 2016, 21:56   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Has anyone replaced the Fastag RFID due to any damages?
Actually, windscreen in my car is getting replaced and we couldn't remove the Fastag RFID without any damages. So, I would like to know if anyone has replaced the RFID and if so, what is the process?
I have tried and failed. See my earlier post on this. I found that they do not have any process to add another tag to earlier existing account. I have spoken to ICICI executive in BETL office and was told to cancel the account, forgo the 200Rs tag charge and then go for a new account. However I have raised this with the pgportal to seek any possible resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
This did not progress well as I expected.

My tag got blacklisted and I believe that it could have been done as I complained about the wrong license plate entry. I could see the blacklist status from the portal.

I was told by the customer care to contact the ICICI branch to get a new tag and the balance has been transferred to this new tag.

I am yet to use this tag. However the portal is not listing this new tag that i got today. Planning to use in the upcoming weekend trip.
rajakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 22:01   #203
BHPian

Anyone from Bombay here who has got FASTAG? What is the fastest, least painful way of getting one? I have just sent an SMS to ICICI, any better way? I cant see online which branches of ICICI do enrolment.
Old 20th October 2016, 23:05   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Anyone from Bombay here who has got FASTAG? What is the fastest, least painful way of getting one? I have just sent an SMS to ICICI, any better way? I cant see online which branches of ICICI do enrolment.
Check https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-B...page?#toptitle

Chandivili branch is listed there. Call up the branch and check.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 08:58   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried and failed. See my earlier post on this. I found that they do not have any process to add another tag to earlier existing account. I have spoken to ICICI executive in BETL office and was told to cancel the account, forgo the 200Rs tag charge and then go for a new account. However I have raised this with the pgportal to seek any possible resolution.
Oh! I thought there will be an easy process to just replace the RFID. I will check with them today.
Old 21st October 2016, 13:19   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I called the ICICI Fastag executive today morning and then went to their branch and collected the new RFID tag. He said the same, that the balance will be transferred to the new tag. The Customer ID and login remains the same. I had to pay for the tag and there is no need to submit any documents/proofs etc. I will test it some time this weekend or next week and update the status.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 13:47   #207
BANNED

I think most of the lacunae are due to teething troubles. I only wish the agencies involved should have accepted, few, say 1% misses, and just let them be, rather than trying to do a 100% from day one. This only makes the customers unhappy.
Old 21st October 2016, 14:41   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I called the ICICI Fastag executive today morning and then went to their branch and collected the new RFID tag. He said the same, that the balance will be transferred to the new tag. The Customer ID and login remains the same. I had to pay for the tag and there is no need to submit any documents/proofs etc. I will test it some time this weekend or next week and update the status.
You can verify in the online portal whether the new tag gets added to you account. For me, that never happened even though I got the new tag. I am just hoping that mine is one off case.
Old 21st October 2016, 18:48   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can verify in the online portal whether the new tag gets added to you account. For me, that never happened even though I got the new tag. I am just hoping that mine is one off case.
In my web account, I see a "Tag Account No" and "Tag Serial No", but this doesn't match both the previous one and the current one. So, I am not sure which one to refer to.

Also, in "Manage Vehicles" section, the last updated date is May, 2016. So, I am not sure how they have linked the current tag to my account/car number.
Old 22nd October 2016, 19:12   #210
Senior - BHPian

Last sunday, i drove from Gooty to Bangalore in NH7 (now renamed as NH44 )
In none of the tolls FASTag was accepted. Though there were lanes in couple of tolls, they weren't allowing and i ended up paying by cash. Complete contrast to how NH7 tolls work from Bangalore to Kanyakumari route.

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks