Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 13:31   #391
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I got FasTag. Went on 12th to the BETL office and had it done in about an hour. I however notice something odd when I try to add money onto the tag using NEFT.

The challan that is being generated on the Fastag site (based on which one is supposed to create the beneficiary in one's own online banking system) show the IFSC as 104 and mentions the branch as Backbay branch.

However, 104 belongs to some other branch in Parel Bombay, and the Backbay branch has some other IFSC (139 or something if I remember correctly).

I spent almost an hour on the phone with ICICI's customer service this morning. They put me on hold several times to confer with their seniors and then finally told me to go with the IFSC of 104 and ignore the fact that the challan shows a different branch.

Well, I put some money omg the tag using the IFSC and am hoping that all does go well! Fingers crossed.

BTW, immediately upon procuring the tag with the initial Rs. 100 balance on it, I used the tag on the BETL flyover to return home. It worked, but I never received an SMS on my phone with the amount deducted. And when I look not he Fastag site to see if I had been charged, there is absolutely no info about that, and my balance still shows as Rs. 100. So, was I charged or not?

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 14th December 2016 at 13:35. Reason: Spelling errors & added more details about usage
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 13:55   #392
Senior - BHPian

Hi - Does anyone know which are the bank branches in Chennai that accept FAStag applications? I hear Ambattur does, but it is very far. I have messaged them but no response in the last 3 weeks. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Old 14th December 2016, 14:05   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
So, was I charged or not?
I feel still the server is not completely up and running, hence the deductions are not happening for Fastag users at the moment. Last Sunday I went through the Nelamangala toll and I am yet to be charged for the same.

But I am sure we will be charged a little later, which happened to me with a toll on Tumkur Road. The amount was deducted after a month.
Old 14th December 2016, 15:16   #394
BHPian

I got my FASTTAG account activated at the Bangalore airport(devanahalli) POS office.
The POS office is located on the right side just before the TOLL PLAZA if you are coming from hebbal towards Airport.
The entire process took 2 hours as there were 3 people before me.
The application was processed by Mr Srinath who was very cooperative.
To paid paying Toll , i took a Uturn at the junction (MCDONALDS junction) before the TOLL PLAZA and took the service road .

He asked for a service charge and i paid him Rs50.
Eager to test the fasttag over the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
The challan that is being generated on the Fastag site (based on which one is supposed to create the beneficiary in one's own online banking system) show the IFSC as 104 and mentions the branch as Backbay branch.

However, 104 belongs to some other branch in Parel Bombay, and the Backbay branch has some other IFSC (139 or something if I remember correctly).

I spent almost an hour on the phone with ICICI's customer service this morning. They put me on hold several times to confer with their seniors and then finally told me to go with the IFSC of 104 and ignore the fact that the challan shows a different branch.
I recharged using ICICI Net banking 1 hour ago and was able to recharge.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_1347.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_1348.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_1351.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th December 2016 at 11:09. Reason: Back to back posts
AshiqueS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 16:51   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
I got my FASTTAG account activated at the Bangalore airport(devanahalli) POS office.
Could you tell us what all documents you needed to submit?

Last edited by ampere : 15th December 2016 at 14:30. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 14th December 2016, 17:25   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Could you tell us what all documents you needed to submit?
I submitted the following copies

1)RC COPY
2)DL COPY(will suffice as Address proof and ID proof)
https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CU...ommon/FAQ.aspx
I provided Kerala address as contact address and they accepted it.
They are not fuzzy about the address and all.
3)1 Passport photo

I carried cheque but Mr Srinath insisted to pay Rs. 500 as Cash.
I downloaded and filled the application form from FASTTAG website and but he gave another application form which i had to fill again.
Both applications(downloaded by me and provided by Srinath) were similar except that Srinath's form had bigger font.
AshiqueS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 18:00   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
I submitted the following copies
Since this is a Toll Plaza, I need to ask you this - What are their working hours to issue this?
Old 14th December 2016, 18:59   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Since this is a Toll Plaza, I need to ask you this - What are their working hours to issue this?
I assume its 10AM -- 5:30PM.

You can call their manager Mr Sudhir (9886745679) and find out the timings for Devanhalli POS office and also check other details .
I missed collecting Mr Srinath's cell number.
AshiqueS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 05:05   #399
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Early morning FasTag experience at the Bangalore Airport exit toll:
Entered the dedicated FasTag lane (#2 from left), the first light turned Green, the second one remained Red and the boom barrier did not go up. After couple of honks, a sleepish security guy told me to backup and try again. Before I moved the car, the attendant from lane #3 waved out asking me to enter his lane which had a plastic cone blocking it. The security guy moved the cone to let me in to lane #3 where the attendant used a hand-held scanner to scan the tag, first attempt failed but second was successful. Luckily, volume of traffic was less and no cars behind me in FasTag lane as well as lane #3 (I guess the lane just opened up with my car being the first to use it), so no impact to others in the ensuing 5 minutes or so.

Last edited by NPV : 15th December 2016 at 05:07.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 14:28   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this today morning when searching for some other details in SBI site.

No other details anywhere in the site which I could find of apart from this banner. However, hope they are in process of rolling out the feature soon.

With more number of branches hope they push the sales up.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20161215_142623.jpg

Last edited by mpksuhas : 15th December 2016 at 14:30.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 14:36   #401
BHPian

^Even i noticed same in Axis bank here, Out of curiosity, called their customer care number mentioned in that link. According to them, its already in place and gave this email id (sudheer.nalluri@sahaj.co.in) for Karnataka in-charge for the same. I've sent him mail, lets see
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 14:54   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

I spoke to the Manager (Sudheer) today and confirmed that FasTag was being issued at BETL Office. A relative of mine went and got it in an hour's time.

There was a small queue (5 people ahead of him) but things seems to be indeed working now.
Old 15th December 2016, 15:16   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I spoke to the Manager (Sudheer) today and confirmed that FasTag was being issued at BETL Office. A relative of mine went and got it in an hour's time.

There was a small queue (5 people ahead of him) but things seems to be indeed working now.
One query: Can a non Bengaluru guy get it from the BETL office? Asking as it is a nightmare to get it here in Chennai, per my experience at least. By BETL I assume it is the elevated tollway near electronic city with their office also somewhere close by
Old 15th December 2016, 16:08   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
One query: Can a non Bengaluru guy get it from the BETL office? Asking as it is a nightmare to get it here in Chennai, per my experience at least. By BETL I assume it is the elevated tollway near electronic city with their office also somewhere close by
I guess from earlier posts that its ICICI employees who are managing the show at BETL office. While I got the tag from ICICI branch in Bangalore, they didint insist on Bangalore address. I had given my license as address proof which had non KA address.

And yes, that is the BETL office mentioned above.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 16:16   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
^Even i noticed same in Axis bank here, Out of curiosity, called their customer care number mentioned in that link. According to them, its already in place and gave this email id (sudheer.nalluri@sahaj.co.in) for Karnataka in-charge for the same. I've sent him mail, lets see
When my colleague spoke to Axis bank toll free, they asked him to get it from the toll gates itself. They also told that they will not facilitate getting the tag like what ICICI does. I am guessing their gateway can only be used for recharging then? Not sure though. Also, their website mentions POS locations so it might be an uninformed customer care guy as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks