Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 16:23   #406
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
When my colleague spoke to Axis bank toll free, they asked him to get it from the toll gates itself.
He told the same to me as well. But i told him, there is no one selling at the tollgate since i travel everyday and asked him to give the contact number for Bangalore. For that he gave the email id.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 17:41   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
I got my FASTTAG account activated at the Bangalore airport(devanahalli) POS office.

The application was processed by Mr Srinath who was very cooperative.

He asked for a service charge and i paid him Rs50.
Is this guy being designated by ICICI? Nowhere else we heard about the issuing agent asking for a tip. Though you were happy to give it as a goodwill gesture, soon it can become a norm and they will start demanding it
Old 15th December 2016, 18:40   #408
BHPian

It is 8th working day today after applying in ICICI bank and I received the SMS today that I my account is active now.

With the account id received in the SMS and DOB, you can create an account and login online at https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com. Server was slow. I tried resend OTP button 3-4 times but SMSs arrived ~ 4 hrs later. When I tried later in the evening, a new OTP was send over SMS and that worked to create the login

Next, I tried to make a recharge 4 times now but system is throwing an error indicating "System error. Please try later". Hard luck.

Last edited by B103 : 15th December 2016 at 18:48.
Old 17th December 2016, 11:03   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Is this guy being designated by ICICI?
Yes, i Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Nowhere else we heard about the issuing agent asking for a tip. Though you were happy to give it as a goodwill gesture, soon it can become a norm and they will start demanding it
It was a goodwill gesture
AshiqueS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 11:53   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I got FasTag. Went on 12th to the BETL office and had it done in about an hour. I however notice something odd when I try to add money onto the tag using NEFT.

The challan that is being generated on the Fastag site (based on which one is supposed to create the beneficiary in one's own online banking system) show the IFSC as 104 and mentions the branch as Backbay branch.

However, 104 belongs to some other branch in Parel Bombay, and the Backbay branch has some other IFSC (139 or something if I remember correctly).

I spent almost an hour on the phone with ICICI's customer service this morning. They put me on hold several times to confer with their seniors and then finally told me to go with the IFSC of 104 and ignore the fact that the challan shows a different branch.

Well, I put some money omg the tag using the IFSC and am hoping that all does go well! Fingers crossed.
Well, it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
BTW, immediately upon procuring the tag with the initial Rs. 100 balance on it, I used the tag on the BETL flyover to return home. It worked, but I never received an SMS on my phone with the amount deducted. And when I look not he Fastag site to see if I had been charged, there is absolutely no info about that, and my balance still shows as Rs. 100. So, was I charged or not?

Cheers
I finally got the SMS yesterday evening that INR45 was charged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I feel still the server is not completely up and running, hence the deductions are not happening for Fastag users at the moment. Last Sunday I went through the Nelamangala toll and I am yet to be charged for the same.

But I am sure we will be charged a little later, which happened to me with a toll on Tumkur Road. The amount was deducted after a month.
Yes you will. See my case just above in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Yes, i Believe

It was a goodwill gesture
Ashique, you did mention earlier that the guy asked for a "service charge". So, I am not sure it was indeed a goodwill gesture on your part.

Cheers
Old 17th December 2016, 14:39   #411
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Early morning FasTag experience at the Bangalore Airport exit toll:
Yesterday I received an SMS notification for the amount charged to my FasTag account. Strangely, the name of this toll plaza is blank (mentions just "Plaza"). This is the only toll I have seen so far where name has appeared blank.
SMS received:
"Dear Customer, Your ETC Account No.<>, Vehicle No. <> has been debited Rs 120.00 on <> for Toll Charges at Plaza on <>. Available Balance is Rs <>"
Old 17th December 2016, 15:06   #412
BHPian

Quote:
This is the only toll I have seen so far where name has appeared blank
i think it's not specific to particular plaza, since i also received similar message for the transaction happened in BETL and Attibele. Looks like something wrong in their server yesterday.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 16:22   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

3 weeks now, but NO Sign of the tag itself ! Customer service by ICICI for Fastag is POOR
Old 17th December 2016, 16:38   #414
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
3 weeks now, but NO Sign of the tag itself ! Customer service by ICICI for Fastag is POOR
I guess it is the volume of applications post-demonetization and the problems with their servers that has made it quite bad now. How did you apply ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Looks like something wrong in their server yesterday.
Ah, that's a good catch, possibly the correct reason as you mention.
Old 17th December 2016, 16:45   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it is the volume of applications post-demonetization and the problems with their servers that has made it quite bad now. How did you apply ?
The guy came & picked up the application. Took quite some time to even assign a tag number to my account. But more than a week later, no sign of the tag - or even a message.
Old 17th December 2016, 17:18   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ speedsatya also has gone to bank and submitted the application along with necessary documents and cheque more than 3 weeks back and hasn't yet got the Tag.

It was due to this, I sent my relative directly to BETL Office in EC to get the Tag.

These delays at the bank is one reason anyone who wants to get a tag must visit either Devenahalli Toll booth Office or BETL office and get it rather than visiting the bank and waiting endlessly.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:43   #417
BHPian

My update on getting the FastTag Tags today-

This comes after dropping sms to toll free ICICI number 3 weeks back and have not heard from anyone till now.

I had planned to go to Electronic City BETL office today post lunch session- and I called up Immad and his number was switched off.
So I called his manager number- came across as a real humble and grounded guy.
He said that the tags are exhausted and he'll get replenishments only on this Monday. And also suggested to visit Devanahalli toll if I need it urgently and also that Hoskote toll also exhausted the tags.

I stay in HSR and didn't feel like going to Devanahalli toll as I don't need the tags urgently. So, I dropped the plan to there. I'll plan one of the days in coming weeks.

There is no server issue as such as per the person.

I'll update the thread once I visit them.
Thank you gentlemen!

Last edited by daretodream : 17th December 2016 at 19:44.
daretodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 07:48   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my friends visited BETL for getting Fastag yesterday. The person available there asked him to come on Monday for the same.

On way he stopped at Bomanahalli ICICI branch, they informed that tags are out of stock.

Those from Bangalore, planning to gets tags could call up and make sure stocks have arrived before visiting their offices.
Old 18th December 2016, 23:47   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

I received a message of "Rs. 0.00 has been debited from Electronic City toll" today. I had used this flyover thrice on the same day. It has deducted 45.00, 0.00 and 20.00. I think, it should be 45.00, 20.00 and 45.00. Has anyone faced this issue before?
Old 18th December 2016, 23:57   #420
BHPian

Happy to report that my tag came through icici. Though it took them time to get to me after the customery call on the advertised number.

First I got a call from the customer services. Once I confirmed the time, this person turned up as expected. Took the relevant papers with a cheque for Rs.500. In a day or two i had a confirmation and the physical tag followed in a few days.

Soon, 8th of November dawned, and i was glad that i had a tag. Now its going to be tested for real, during the Christmas break.

Last edited by LithiumSunset : 19th December 2016 at 00:03.

Most Viewed