Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 16:24   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Can you guys see the tickets/complaints that you opened on the FASTag website last year ?

All the tickets I had raised last year have disappeared from their website - including one that was open and unresolved.
I am able to view the old tickets.

Did you try entering the below search criteria manually,

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:40   #497
Senior - BHPian

I applied for Fastag at ICICI Bank Hosur Road branch on 6/1. I was assured a tag in 5 working days. The cheques I gave cleared on 9/1; and on 10/1 I received the welcome SMS and was able to set up the online accounts at fastaglogin.icicibank.com. Today I got the call from the branch that my tags are ready for pickup, so I went in the afternoon and collected them. Pretty smooth process so far I must say. I will take the tag for a test drive over the weekend.

The Fastag counter is behind the main branch entrance; you have to go behind the building via the passage to the left of the branch and ATM. There you will find another reception and waiting area; the receptionist will give you the application form.

Edit: StupidQ - can someone please post pictures of the exact location they have pasted their tags? Bang in the middle, behind the IRVM? To one side? If yes, which side?

Last edited by binand : 13th January 2017 at 17:05.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:38   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Edit: StupidQ - can someone please post pictures of the exact location they have pasted their tags? Bang in the middle, behind the IRVM? To one side? If yes, which side?
I have tried "top left corner" and "behind IRVM", both worked without any issues. When it is behind the IRVM, the toll guys find it difficult to access while using the manual scanner.

For testing purpose, you can fix it using a transparent cello tape, So that you can change the location later if required.

Last edited by arun_josie : 13th January 2017 at 17:39.
Old 15th January 2017, 17:59   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Bangalore Update

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Bangalore:

Positives:
  • All tolls have Fastag implemented.
  • My Fastag got detected in all these tolls without any issues.
Negatives:
  • Little difficult to find the exact Fastag lane.
  • All Fastag lanes were closed with barricades and no green lights(in some tolls) as well to indicate that lane is open.
  • Few times it took around 5 minutes because of the truck in front which couldn't proceed as the tag was not getting deducted. So, they move back and forth and still the fastag wouldn't work for them.
  • In some of the tolls, they wouldn't allow us till the vehicle in front crosses the toll counter.
Here is a pic in which other counters were almost empty but 5 vehicles in Fastag lane with one truck doing the back and forth exercise. It took more than 5 minutes in this toll.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture2.jpg

Overall, Fastag lane was slower than the non-fastag lanes in this route.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 18:13   #500
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Hyderabad - Bangalore Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Sort of makes the tag superfluous, is it not? Why wouldn't you just pass through the regular lane and pay cash?
Old 15th January 2017, 18:15   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am able to view the old tickets.

Did you try entering the below search criteria manually,

Attachment 1594878
Yes , I tried that but I don't see any tickets from 2016 with the search criteria.

The only message I see is "No complaints to display ".
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg  

Old 15th January 2017, 19:00   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So may be, in situations where /when the toll is a one-way, stand-alone toll without return part / not clubbed with next toll, we could just switch to the empty lanes and pay cash instead.

Those specific trucks may not have had an option if they were part of a fleet and the owner/operator did not give them cash for the tolls.
Old 15th January 2017, 19:28   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sort of makes the tag superfluous, is it not? Why wouldn't you just pass through the regular lane and pay cash?
I've had experiences where I took the cash lane and the FASTag rfid in the next lane also deducted my account .

These days I always take the fastag lane. Take the cash lane only if it's really far away from the fastag lane.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 19:29   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Bangalore - Ahmedabad - Bhuj.
Apart from Hubli byepass, all NHAI tolls accepted Fastag. As mentioned by others it's not the fastest option at all tolls. But was a pleasant non cash trip altogether.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 19:49   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes , I tried that but I don't see any tickets from 2016 with the search criteria.

The only message I see is "No complaints to display ".
This looks strange then.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So may be, in situations where /when the toll is a one-way, stand-alone toll without return part / not clubbed with next toll, we could just switch to the empty lanes and pay cash instead.
I think, I am addicted to fastag now . I hate paying in cash.

Like sdp1975 has mentioned, I have seen people complaining about Fastag deducting money even if they take the non-fastag lane. So, this is one of the reason I prefer fastag lane + I was not racing against time during this trip.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 22:29   #506
BHPian

At many toll plazas, I have found that even if you take the non-fastag lane, you may request for a hand held tag scanner. Some toll attendants do get into arguments but if you insist then they get the device and you can travel cashless in non-fastag lanes.

This is from personal experiences on Mumbai - Ahmedabad and Mumbai - Bangalore - Chennai routes.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 20:14   #507
BHPian

My experience of getting FasTagged in Hyderabad

19th January :
1) 11:35 am : I messaged a fellow TBHPian, "Gajadonga", and took the number of the ICICI FasTag guy who had processed his application last year in June. I then called the ICICI representative Bhanuchander on +91 83 418 30 271 and told him that I want to cancel the account of my old car as I have sold it and also want a new account for my new car. He asked for my location and told me that his colleague is soon headed in the same direction and that person will contact me.
2) 12:29 pm : Shiva called me from +91 98 662 38 244 and took my address and told me he will reach in maximum 2 hours.
3) 13:51 pm : Shiva called me from my building's gate and came in. Filled the closure form for my old car (sold) and also the form for a new account for my new car. He asked me if I hold an ICICI account, I should issue cheque from that bank for faster processing. I did have an account so issued an ICICI cheque. He left thereafter with the application form.
Note that I had already kept ready one passport photo of self (owner), xerox of RC of the car, xerox of driving license (of owner), xerox of Aadhaar card (of owner) which I handed over after duly certifying them by countersigning at bottom.
Caution : Use only black ball point pen for signing and filling the application (Shiva was carrying the pen).
NOTE : Since the earlier account was on my father's name and new account on my name, I had to go through closure and new account route, else, he would have just added the new car to the earlier account and deleted the old car, a fairly simple process but valid only if the owner name was same.

21st January :
1) 15:26 pm : I got an SMS from ICICI giving me my FasTag Account Number. Saw it at 19:15 pm.
2) 19:35 pm : I created my online login ID and logged into the FasTag website. My details are properly captured, account number, tag number, tag serial number, car number, mobile number, address, email are all correct and also the prepaid balance is reflecting correctly.

All that is pending is for Shiva to come over and affix the tag, maybe on monday.

Could not have been a smoother and convenient process.

All in Hyderabad interested to get FasTag may just contact Shiva or Bhanuchander for getting FasTagged.
hyd_traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 00:05   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've had experiences where I took the cash lane and the FASTag rfid in the next lane also deducted my account .
Vehicles in the Fastag lane that dont have a Fastag are subject to double toll charges ( as per boards put up there). So looks like they are applying the same logic even for Fastag vehicles in cash-only lanes ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Apart from Hubli byepass, ...
Another one mainatained by NICE ..

Thanks for this one, Suhas.
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:20   #509
Senior - BHPian

Does it take time to get details in your account online?
Also I did not get any sms when I passed through 3 toll gates and nothing has been deducted from my account.
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:23   #510
BHPian

Can someone help me with the contact number of ICICI Bank representative in Chennai for the Fast-Tag?

I have tried messaging the bank 'n' number of times, but no response at all :(

Most Viewed