Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 19:57   #721
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Interesting. Not sure if this was a one off case or system was down or something different when you get the Tag at the POS or apply from Bank.
I got the tag from BIAL tool booth. Irony is even now I don't get SMS from ICICI, I have got 5 tags for my cars. Tags associated with BSNL or Airtel number get usage SMS but tags associated with Vodafone number never get it. ICICI doesn't have a clue why it doesn't work . I have ICICI bank account with my vodafone number and do get all banking SMS.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 18:07   #722
BHPian

My initial cheque was for Rs.500. Out of this, how much is actually available as the starting amount for me to use?
The reason I ask: I used the tag once at airport toll (Rs.80) as of now, I get a SMS saying balance is Rs.20.
What is other Rs.400 used for? Anyone could clarify this.
Old 30th March 2017, 18:35   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
My initial cheque was for Rs.500. Out of this, how much is actually available as the starting amount for me to use?
The reason I ask: I used the tag once at airport toll (Rs.80) as of now, I get a SMS saying balance is Rs.20.
200.00 = One Time Cost of Tag

200.00 = Refundable Deposit against Tag Account

100.00 = Opening Balance for usage

You need to maintain minimum 100.00 balance in the account (your's is only 20.00 now).
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 18:36   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
Security Deposit : 200/-
Card Issuance Fee + Service Tax : 200/-

Attaching a screenshot from my card account.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg  

Last edited by mjumrani : 30th March 2017 at 18:39. Reason: Accidentally uploaded my tag details, edited the image.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 15:59   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Closing FasTag Account on sale of vehicle

One need not close the account on sale of a vehicle. Just get the tag linked to the sold vehicle cancelled and add tag linked to the new vehicle to that same account and get the balance transferred. The balance in account can be used for the new vehicle. The deposit also continues. However, you lose the 200 tag cost of old vehicle (paid when you took the tag earlier) and need to pay 200 for the new tag cost at this stage.

However, in my case, I needed to close the tag account in totality due to certain administrative and legal issues peculiar to me and not relevant in general, hence, not going into that aspect.

The procedure :

1) Called up ICICI representative.

2) He came over (within 24 hours) with an application form for closure, got it filled up and signed, took an ID proof of account holder and vehicle RC copy and a cancelled cheque (to enable refund of balance as well as deposit to bank account by NEFT).

3) See image attached as to steps carried out by ICICI at the back end.

4) Now, awaiting refund to the bank account (expected within 1 month).

Hope this helps.
Attachment 1621446
And the refund of the tag deposit and balance in tag account was credited to the bank account yesterday, in flat 10 days.
Old 31st March 2017, 16:26   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
And the refund of the tag deposit and balance in tag account was credited to the bank account yesterday, in flat 10 days.
I have been calling the fellow at Axis Bank responsible for selling these in Chennai (according to the call center on the Fastag site). He says he's based out of bangalore and keeps promising to send his Chennai rep over to collect an application from me. So far that has not happened.

Oh well, I guess they aren't eager to do too much fastag related business. If it was a credit card, personal loan etc they'd be at my doorstep in seconds flat, salivating for a fat commission.
Old 31st March 2017, 17:11   #727
Senior - BHPian

Now that March is (nearly) over, I took a look at my Fastag activity during the month.

This month I did three one-way trips in the Bangalore-Palakkad sector, which has 9 toll booths. At Pampallam, Kaniyur, Vijayamangalam, Vaiguntam, Omalur and Krishnagiri I have been charged correctly. At Attibele and BETL I have been charged only once (in the outward from Bangalore direction; as many people have mentioned both these tolls haven't captured me in the return to Bangalore direction).

Thoppur is an interesting one. I have been charged twice but let through once. On the other hand, one of the times I was charged I also had to pay cash since the booth's computer showed an error. So the net effect is the same, though I have a complaint pending at ICICI Bank.

Total toll paid through Fastag: Rs. 1365. At 10% cashback I should get Rs. 136.50 back.
Old 31st March 2017, 18:06   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I have been calling the fellow at Axis Bank responsible for selling these in Chennai (according to the call center on the Fastag site). He says he's based out of bangalore and keeps promising to send his Chennai rep over to collect an application from me. So far that has not happened.
I got a call from idfc team @ +91 99623 59746 and axis team @ +91 99 42 699119

Last edited by smnrock : 31st March 2017 at 18:21. Reason: Added missing digit.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 18:13   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I got a call from idfc team @ +91 99623 5974 and axis team @ +91 99 42 699119
Can you please reconfirm the IDFC number, the one you quoted has just 9 digits. Thanks.

(edit) Got in touch with the Axis reseller, who seems to be in Madurai, iMessaged him Aadhaar / RC copies, sent Rs.550/- through IMPS. He will courier the fastag to my address, he says.

Last edited by hserus : 31st March 2017 at 18:37.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 18:23   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please reconfirm the IDFC number, the one you quoted has just 9 digits. Thanks.
Sorry, missed last digit. Edited the original post.
Old 31st March 2017, 18:26   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ICICI guy whom I contacted and got the tag from: Prabhu - 9677091567. You will have to go near the Olympic Tech Park (Ekkaduthangal) where the NHAI office is to submit the documents and get the tag though.
Old 31st March 2017, 19:00   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
The ICICI guy whom I contacted and got the tag from: Prabhu - 9677091567. You will have to go near the Olympic Tech Park (Ekkaduthangal) where the NHAI office is to submit the documents and get the tag though.
I won't even need to do that, looks like. The chap in Madurai just received my RC and Aadhaar over iMessage, 550/- cash over IMPS and said he would courier it to me. Seems quite professional.
Old 31st March 2017, 19:51   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I won't even need to do that, looks like. The chap in Madurai just received my RC and Aadhaar over iMessage, 550/- cash over IMPS and said he would courier it to me. Seems quite professional.
Can you give me his contact number please? I want to get another one for the other car and this seems like a good option.
Old 31st March 2017, 19:55   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Can you give me his contact number please? I want to get another one for the other car and this seems like a good option.
Axis bank rep from the earlier post above

+91 99426 99119

Tag joining fee(non-refundable)-200
Tag deposit-200
Minimum recharge-100
Courier charges-50
Total-550
Mail id-numberonecmjj@gmail.com
Send the copy of Aadhar card,Rc and postaladdress through mail id.Deposit the cash to the following account.
NumberOne Communication
A/C no:304700301000120
IFSC:VIJB0003047
Old 31st March 2017, 21:25   #735
BHPian

I did travel between Bangalore and Hassan last weekend and I am pleased that the Fastag from Axis worked in my case in all the tolls. I received the SMSes the next day.
However, I am not able to login to the Axis website for Fastag.
https://etc.axisbank.co.in/ETC/Retai...n?LoginType=1#
Even the forgot password link doesn't work. Did anyone have had luck in logging into their online account from Axis?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks