Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 09:56   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Anyone facing issues with fastag showing as "Suspended"? We haven't been able to make it work at the BETL toll at all. Called the icici helpline and they asked to transfer the money from CUG to the TAG account, but no success at the toll yet!

Update: got the tag replaced by ICICI and the new one is working well. Happened to another colleague as well so I guess its a quality issue with the tags
Old 1st April 2017, 10:47   #737
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I won't even need to do that, looks like. The chap in Madurai just received my RC and Aadhaar over iMessage, 550/- cash over IMPS and said he would courier it to me. Seems quite professional.
He just whatsapped me my wallet ID, and asked me to register on axis bank's site for future recharges.

I then need to stick the tag on my windshield behind my IRVM when it arrives by courier, and then take a photo of my car showing the tag and send it to him in order to complete activation.
Old 1st April 2017, 11:26   #738
BHPian

My fastag never seems to work automatically at BIAL toll booth, always has to be scanned manually, is it only me or does BIAL toll has some issue?

The location of the tag is behind IRVM.
Old 1st April 2017, 13:20   #739
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
My fastag never seems to work automatically at BIAL toll booth, always has to be scanned manually, is it only me or does BIAL toll has some issue?
It has worked for me on 3 occasions in the dedicated (automated) lane but failed once and then had to use the adjacent lane where the handheld device worked.
Old 3rd April 2017, 15:17   #740
BHPian

Finally got my fasttag (Axis bank) working and did a Bangalore Palakkad Bangalore trip this weekend. It worked fine most of the time except for a couple of hiccups. All toll plazas had blocked the Fastag lanes:
  • BETL toll fastag lane was closed and no one to open it in spite of much honking. This was at around 5:45 AM.
  • Salem toll plaza was manned by an older gentleman who couldn't see very well and refused to open the lane in spite of showing him the tag. Finally he almost climbed onto the bonnet to inspect the tag before letting me through.
  • The one before Coimbatore was blocked by a private car who was arguing with the guard so lost few minutes
  • One toll plaza (forget which one) scan didn't work and they had to manually scan the tag
  • Got the sms from Axis Bank in 5 minutes to 30 minutes after crossing a toll.

I would guess I saved about 20-30 minutes each way because of the Fastag.

Gears.
Red-One.
Old 3rd April 2017, 15:49   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I got the tag from BIAL tool booth.
Any idea whether they still have tags? Did you get them immediately? Is there a number to check up?
Old 3rd April 2017, 15:58   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Any idea whether they still have tags? Did you get them immediately? Is there a number to check up?
The number has been posted here multiples times but anyways here you go.

Srinath Devanahalli Toll Plaza : +919035613830
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 18:16   #743
BHPian

Anyone got cash back for Feb?

I travelled on 24th 26th and 28th and tag was debited on 24th, 25th, 26th, 28th and on 1st.

Was hoping to get cash back for all except those which were debited on 1st but did not get at all.

This is the 1st time since Jun 2016 that cash back has not been credited in the next calendar month itself.
Old 4th April 2017, 15:39   #744
Senior - BHPian

I traveled to Kerala on April 29th and came back on March 3rd but this time, I lost more time at tolls due to fastag

More and more heavy vehicles are using fastag now, so in couple of toll plazas, the other lanes were near empty but the fastag lane had 2-3 lorries in queue, so I had to wait patiently till my turn came.

The fastag reader almost never works at first attempt at the toll before Thoppur - this time also, each vehicle had to wait few few minutes before the boom barrier opened.

--Anoop
Old 4th April 2017, 15:47   #745
Senior - BHPian

What is the number for Bangalore and how much time does it take to get one ? Also mine is a new car. No RC yet. What to do ?
Old 4th April 2017, 16:15   #746
BHPian

I am having a disappointing experience with Axis Bank - Fastag.

I had applied for and received a Fastag from Axis Bank for the same last week. I had provided an amount of Rs. 2000 as fees. I had logged in and verified my account, which reflects a balance of Rs. 1570.

However, when I tried to use the same during an urgent trip to Hyderabad, my tag was not accepted at any of the toll booths and I was told that the tag has been blacklisted. On calling the call centre, I was informed of the same and that they would not be able to provide any details of the same or take any action to rectify the same. They asked me to contact the vendors, who provided me with the tag.

I have been trying to get in touch with Umesh/Sudheer for the past two days. However, they do not pick the calls or the line comes as engaged, except for one time when Umesh told me that he will check into the issue and get back to me. However, I am yet to hear back and there is no update/resolution/response in sight. I also sent a mail to the customer email ID.

I am thinking of closing the account (if at all possible) and opening a new account with ICICI. That seems to be the least painful option.
Old 4th April 2017, 17:07   #747
Senior - BHPian

I am in the same boat but for a Rs.100 balance. With a zero balance on your card, the fastag will show as "blacklisted" so you can't load money even through NEFT.

Find some toll plaza and load cash using the point of sale terminal there and it should start working, you can neft more money to it.

Chase after fastag / complain to axis bank directly about your vendor not loading the balance onto your card - though it might be some issue at axis's end, their system seems to be half constructed (eg: the OTP for online registration doesn't work yet and they ask you to use a default common OTP in order to create the account).
Old 4th April 2017, 18:50   #748
BHPian

I wrote a mail to Devanahalli toll plaza manager about my tag not working and got a call today about same.

I was in Devanahalli due to work and told him that I will be passing through the toll plaza by 17:30. The tag did not work again. I went and met him at the toll office and explained my issue. Initially he was adamant to agree that there was issue with the etc lane but after telling him that I will do a test run and you be at the etc gate he agreed for same. The tag did not work during the test run but other vehicles which had tags were passing automatically. He called his managers and ICICI to check why this was happening. No one had a clue, my tag is in working condition, has 1000/- balance and not blacklisted.

He instructed employees to reset the system and requested me to try one last time and it worked finally. He personally assured me to sort the issue out in a week (replacing tag reader). If the tags do not work even then, he promised to replace all my tags i.e total 5 tags with new ones at their own cost. The toll plaza people did refund me the money which was deducted during test run.

I saw the complaint book at toll plaza and all the complaints in the last few weeks were about Fastags not working at Devanahalli toll plaza's ( from airport and from Devanahalli).

Last edited by mjumrani : 4th April 2017 at 18:58. Reason: Fixed Typo.
Old 4th April 2017, 18:50   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I am having a disappointing experience with Axis Bank - Fastag.
Given all the horror stories about the Axis Bank Fastag that have been reported here, I think all future applicants should stick to ICICI Bank.

Has IDFC Bank started issuing the tags?
Old 4th April 2017, 18:56   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
What is the number for Bangalore and how much time does it take to get one ? Also mine is a new car. No RC yet. What to do ?
The number has been posted just 2 posts above yours.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4175637

Wait until you get the RC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks