Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 12:09   #856
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

While recharging my ICICI fastag account , i added 1500 bucks to CUG wallet instead of selecting 'Pay to Tag Accounts'.

What is this CUG wallet and how can i use the amount that i have put into this wallet?
Old 4th May 2017, 12:12   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
While recharging my ICICI fastag account , i added 1500 bucks to CUG wallet instead of selecting 'Pay to Tag Accounts'.

What is this CUG wallet and how can i use the amount that i have put into this wallet?
Thats not a problem at all. Go to payments drop down there will be an option called CUG balance transfer. You will have to check the box there and transfer the amount you have charged to CUG. Pretty straight forward and immediate. In fact I always do this only as direct transfer to my tag does not work sometimes
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 16:46   #858
BHPian

Yesterday, at the JSR Mulbagal Toll (also known as Nangli), the barrier refused to rise. The attendant insisted that I had no money on the card and refused to accept that their scanner could be faulty. Finally I had to get into a cash lane; and there the attendant insisted that I pay cash since I had no balance, and that they had no hand-held scanner.

My wife and I started to shout at them (I had more than 2K available on my tag) and refused to move out until we met the boss. They finally brought the hand held scanner and the payment went through.

Funniest part is, when I asked the first guy how come this worked when I had no balance, he said that there was balance in this scanner and not in the other scanner! LOL

Cut to today - at the Hoskote toll this morning, I was scanned twice within a span of three seconds, and charged twice! Had to raise a complaint with proof in the form of a printed statement from their website of my activity. They said they would refund the second charge.

Fastag is proving to be not as much convenience as originally thought. The one and only convenience is that I no linger have to carry csh, or transact in candy!

Also, the Fastag lane hs always been the slowest of all the lanes. For every four or five cash transactions done, the Fastag lane moves by one vehicle.

It's more Slowtag than Fastag.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 19:50   #859
Senior - BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Guys quick question. What happens if you use the same toll while returning within 24 hrs ? For example a one way entry could be ₹ 80 while a return toll purchased at entry is ₹120. Does fastag calculate similarly or are you debited ₹80*2 for your two way trip ?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 4th May 2017 at 19:52.
Old 4th May 2017, 20:52   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys quick question. What happens if you use the same toll while returning within 24 hrs ? For example a one way entry could be ₹ 80 while a return toll purchased at entry is ₹120. Does fastag calculate similarly or are you debited ₹80*2 for your two way trip ?
It does take care of it automatically is what is reported by many in this forum.
Old 5th May 2017, 08:50   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Double deduction at attibelle toll, anyone else faced the same issue? First time it happened in 3 second gap and second time it was a 7 second gap before the second deduction.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-toll2.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-toll-3.jpg  

Last edited by arun_josie : 5th May 2017 at 08:52.
Old 5th May 2017, 11:13   #862
Distinguished - BHPian

One more double deduction @ Tangatur toll plaza(Vijaywada - Chennai highway) which has a hotel on top of it.

1st deduction has happened while parking the car and 2nd one has happened while crossing the toll using the Fastag lane. To park the car, I took the left most lane which is used by the locals.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170413_205215.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-toll.jpg

I didn't receive any message at this toll and found this double deduction while checking the Fastag transactions today.

Last edited by arun_josie : 5th May 2017 at 11:14.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 14:43   #863
BHPian

Arun Josie, please read my post a few posts above yours. Please make a written complaint on the Fastag website with your car number and mobile number, and attach photos of the double charges (or print a statement from the Fastag website showing the double-dipping and attach that) to the complaint.

Then, also call the customer service line - they were quite helpful when I called, and inform them about the written complaint too.

Cheers
Old 5th May 2017, 14:56   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Double deduction at attibelle toll, anyone else faced the same issue? First time it happened in 3 second gap and second time it was a 7 second gap before the second deduction.
April last week it happened for me also in Attibele. Yet to register the complaint.
Old 5th May 2017, 15:09   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Arun Josie, please read my post a few posts above yours. Please make a written complaint on the Fastag website with your car number and mobile number, and attach photos of the double charges (or print a statement from the Fastag website showing the double-dipping and attach that) to the complaint.

Then, also call the customer service line - they were quite helpful when I called, and inform them about the written complaint too.

Cheers
I have registered a complaint but I have no hope in getting refund because I have couple of similar tickets open since last 10 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
April last week it happened for me also in Attibele. Yet to register the complaint.
Ok, this could be a known issue then.
Old 5th May 2017, 17:50   #866
BHPian

Got the following mail from ICICI FastTag today. I think this change will make sure tags are not debited multiple times and some blacklisting issues.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fasttag.jpg  

kavu75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 18:54   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quick question. Yesterday I drove to Bangalore; at Thoppur toll booth the attendant said my tag was not recognized and hence I need to pay cash to get the boom gate to open. I did so (and have the receipt) but later on I discovered that my tag account also has been charged (got the SMS). So how do I claim a refund? Are they prompt in doing this?
So this had happened on March 25. I raised the ticket on ICICI Fastag portal; but for the next one month nothing happened. On April 25 I raised a grievance on pgportal. The first owner was an official in MoRTH in Delhi; who transferred it to the NHAI regional office in Chennai. Ultimately today I see that my tag account has been credited with Rs. 85 (which is the disputed amount). I haven't received any email or other correspondence from pgportal except the automated one when I opened the grievance; but I still would like to believe that there is a cause-and-effect relationship here. :-)
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 10:22   #868
BHPian

Asking all experienced folks for advice.

I am not sure which is the best location on the windscreen to paste the Fastag. Some say center, some say passenger side. The OEM tag comes pasted on passenger side though a dud.

Based on the experiences could you all please advice which is the best?

Also is it required to remove the OEM RFID tag? Would it interfere?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Old 8th May 2017, 10:29   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

I am not sure which is the best location on the windscreen to paste the Fastag. Some say center, some say passenger side. The OEM tag comes pasted on passenger side though a dud.

If you have space on the drivers side, then do paste it there. I have pasted the tag towards the passenger side near the OEM tag and seem to be having issues with detection of the tag. Most of the times there is a delay and the operator seems to be opening the gate for me. The deduction too happens late and sometimes the next day. I suspect this is because of the interference from the OE Tag. That too since its placed quite close, the two tags might be clashing with each other. Will remove the OE tag or disable it by cutting across the tag before my next trip to my village.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 10:32   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

Mine is pasted on the center right behind the IRVM and it works perfectly fine. I have a colleague who has pasted it right above the steering wheel and that works as well. Do not install it near the passenger side as it might not detect the tag sometimes and as you said the other RFID may interfere as well
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed