Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 18:48   #1051
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Did you go there around 10.00 or so? I went there to replace my fastag and at that time a gentle man was finishing up his application - the agent was asking him to do a NEFT transfer.
--Anoop
Could have been me. I was there around 9:45-10:00 am.

Update to the process : I got SMS from ICICI a couple of hours ago that my FastTag account has been created. Hopefully should get the tag tomorrow as promised.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 14:09   #1052
BHPian

Why does my account balance shows the amount I recharged under CUG balance, how do I add it to my car no ?
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20170706140541_01.png  

Old 6th July 2017, 14:25   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Why does my account balance shows the amount I recharged under CUG balance, how do I add it to my car no ?
This is like a master account From here you can transfer it to your tag . Since some of us have multiple tags We load the CUG wallet first and then load the tags from the CUG Wallet .

Check for options under Payments.
ngauravmalhotra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 17:15   #1054
BHPian

I applied and received the Fastag a couple of days back at the Hoskote Toll Plaza itself. I asked the same question on the Fastag lane usage to the executive who helped. I was told they don't allow non-Fastag vehicles from using the Fastag lane. I confirmed this at the toll too. However, I believe this is a rare toll that does implement this rule. The whole purpose of the Fastag is to avoid queues and save time, which is in vain if all vehicles are allowed to use the Fastag lane.
Old 7th July 2017, 21:30   #1055
BHPian

I'd done Bangalore-Namakkal-Musri-Trichy-Pudukottai-Tanjore-Trichy-Pudukottai-Karaikudi-Rameshwaram-Madurai-Pudukottai-Trichy-Musri-Namakkal-Bangalore trip during the weekend of
25th May - 28th May

Happy to report that FastTag was accepted throughout every single toll.
The biggest pain was at Attibelle, Krishnagiri and Thopur toll with non-fastag vehicles entering.

I was surprised about fastag acceptance in interiors of Tamil Nadu- most of these tolls had hand-held scanners.

I also did Bangalore-Chennai-Kanchipuram-Bangalore trip on 23-26 June.
Fastag was accepted throughout.

In general I've observed:
1. Attibelle toll is most painful toll: because number of toll lanes are less and traffic is so high. I wonder whether its worth taking it- instead go via Sarajpur road -> Bagalur -> Hosur.
2. Follow the line of SETC buses, and you will be able to reach fastag lanes
3. I've been able to save 30 minutes in one way of journey.

Bottomline- Is Fastag worth it?
Hell yes!
Old 7th July 2017, 21:51   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
1. Attibelle toll is most painful toll: because number of toll lanes are less and traffic is so high.
Plus the cases of locals "throwing their weight around". Using the road without paying toll, is considered some thing as a regular event here. Number people who also have the "Friend's of Police" kind of cards who blatantly get away without paying tolls. Attibele Toll booth operators have not bothered (or tried and failed) to bring any discipline to the road users. Krishnagiri toll booth is much more well managed (even when they use hand held scanners).

PS: I have not seen similar issues with NICE Toll booths .

Last edited by sachinpk : 7th July 2017 at 21:56.
Old 9th July 2017, 07:44   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
I have been a FASTAG user for little more than a year as I do lot many Highway drives and quite often. The main purpose or Objective is to drive through the tolls without the need to pay at each toll which helps in reducing the overall time to travel the distance.

But, off late, I have come across many tolls where there are NON FASTAG vehicles being allowed at Fastag lanes and taking considerable amount of time compared to other lanes.

When enquired at the toll management, they don't care to answer as well (though expected the kind of response). But, is there something we could bring this to notice of responsible agency? (I might be naive, but this practice of allowing vehicles in Fastag lanes is not just at one particular toll - Before this practice spreads across all other tolls)

This contradicts the sole purpose/objective of this initiative.

Many tolls don't have the Fastag at all and surprising I hear from the toll management that they neither have got any notification nor they do have FASTAG RFID equipment's.

You can raise your concern in the PG portal similar to below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4200850
They will respond with 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by AshiqueS : 9th July 2017 at 07:50.
Old 9th July 2017, 11:12   #1058
BHPian

ICICI Bank Fastag recharge question:

Earlier there used to be an option on the site to generate a challan and do a NEFT transfer on that challan to recharge the tag; but today I am unable to locate that option on the site. I don't know if I am just blind or if that option has been removed.

All I see now is to recharge to the CUG account.

Also, I remember there was a manual describing the steps to recharge, but again I am unable to find that either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and cheers

Edit: Never mind, found it. I was blind And the website is so badly designed - difficult to locate information etc. Thanks.

Last edited by tilt : 9th July 2017 at 11:21.
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 10:57   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Reposting a quick query here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4231471

Where is the best place to paste a fastag in this scenario? (ford sensor behind the IRVM and a black dot pattern provided there to reduce glare). So that the automated gates will be able to read the tag without my having to move the car around to different angles?
Old 10th July 2017, 11:57   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Where is the best place to paste a fastag in this scenario? (ford sensor behind the IRVM and a black dot pattern provided there to reduce glare). So that the automated gates will be able to read the tag without my having to move the car around to different angles?
Why font you try pasting it just below the Ford sensor? This way it will not be blocking your view and also visible from outside.

Visibility of the tag from outside is required, not for the tag detection by the sensor but to explain to security guard manning the barricades at some toll booths.

Also, if possible do not paste the tag using its adhesive. Use a tape to paste the tag to windshield, this can help you in adjusting the tag if required.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 13:45   #1061
BHPian

Yes, below the sensor is the best place. My vehicle also comes with similar sensor and i've no issues with fastag.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 17:54   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
This is like a master account From here you can transfer it to your tag . Since some of us have multiple tags We load the CUG wallet first and then load the tags from the CUG Wallet .

Check for options under Payments.
By default, whenever one recharges, the said recharged amount gets into CUG account. Whenever the TAG balance is less than the treshold amount (you get a SMS notification, if enrolled) then you can transfer with simple steps to your any of your linked tag accounts
Old 11th July 2017, 13:27   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Reposting a quick query here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4231471

Sir,

I suggest you stick it below the sensor as the other folks have suggested. I was not aware of the process to stick this on the screen area behind the RVM and stuck it to the extreme right(driver-side) on my car and in a way that it would not hamper my vision. My point was that if an automated scanner doesn't detect my Tag, it might be easier for the hand-held folks to scan my tag.

There are no issues with respect to the scanners detecting it but toll booths, where guards man the entry to the FasTag lane do not seem to notice it until I point my finger at the sticker and then open the entry. It is annoying at times as the guards will not open up till you halt and point it out. Also, I used the original sticker to stick the tag and have no way to remove it now. I am planning to take a color printout of the FasTag logo and get it laminated and stick it just beneath the RVM now.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 11th July 2017, 13:35   #1064
Senior - BHPian

The fastag agent I used for my last car suggests "to the left of the sensor / on the passenger side but well away from the left corner)

Well I will experiment with different positions and see - using cellotape of course
Old 11th July 2017, 14:18   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
The fastag agent I used for my last car suggests "to the left of the sensor / on the passenger side but well away from the left corner)

Well I will experiment with different positions and see - using cellotape of course
That is exactly where I have pasted it and it works absolutely fine .

Most Viewed