Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 22:31   #1066
BHPian

Actually I am planning to get fastag, but from this thread came to know that it is available through either ICICI, IDFC or AXIS. Can someone tell me if there is a difference in the fastag from these different banks. Just wanted to get your opinion before I finalize to go ahead with any one of the banks.
Old 11th July 2017, 22:35   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Actually I am planning to get fastag, but from this thread came to know that it is available through either ICICI, IDFC or AXIS. Can someone tell me if there is a difference in the fastag from these different banks. Just wanted to get your opinion before I finalize to go ahead with any one of the banks.
FASTags issued by any of these financial institutions works same way.

The primary differentiator would be their customer service and user friendliness when it comes loading money into your account as well as handling of your complaints/redressals.

If you glance through the last few pages, you will realize that ICICI is most popular, followed by AXIS and IDFC.

However, I have come across more negative reviews for AXIS than any others on this thread. Not sure if things are better now.

Of all the 4, ICICI has been in the game since very long.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 22:38   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
FASTags issued by any of these financial institutions works same way.

The primary differentiator would be their customer service and user friendliness when it comes loading money into your account as well as handling of your complaints/redressals.

If you glance through the last few pages, you will realize that ICICI is most popular, followed by AXIS and IDFC.

However, I have come across more negative reviews for AXIS than any others on this thread. Not sure if things are better now.

Thanks Parag. Will go ahead with ICICI then.
Old 12th July 2017, 07:19   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Axis has a messed up initial setup that they launched but once you get it working it is the cheapest .. no service charge to reload through NEFT or IMPS from other banks, and I anyway refuse to become an ICICI customer for various reasons so it is just as well ICICI levies a service charge for external bank transfers into their fastags.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 07:58   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I too have good experience with Axis. The tag was sent within a day to my residence and had good support from the customer service whenever I called them for any query.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:02   #1071
BHPian

HDFS too seems to have a link on its site. Not sure if its functional yet.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/comm...L/contact.html

I'll try this out and update here.
kirans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 12:04   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirans View Post
HDFS too seems to have a link on its site. Not sure if its functional yet.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/comm...L/contact.html

I'll try this out and update here.
I had filled in the details on HDFC Bank's website and got a call from the bank same day, should expect the tag in another 2-3 days.

The process however needs to be automated, like providing all scanned copies online itself and getting the tag delivered without any human intervention. Not sure what are the limitations to that happening.
Hondaism is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 14:38   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I applied and received the Fastag a couple of days back at the Hoskote Toll Plaza itself. I asked the same question on the Fastag lane usage to the executive who helped. I was told they don't allow non-Fastag vehicles from using the Fastag lane. I confirmed this at the toll too. However, I believe this is a rare toll that does implement this rule. The whole purpose of the Fastag is to avoid queues and save time, which is in vain if all vehicles are allowed to use the Fastag lane.
hi Aneezan, Would you know what is the timing for Fastag application in Hoskote toll plaza. Can we apply for ICICI Fastag there or which bank fastag is available ? How long did the process of application and getting the fastag take ?
thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 18:07   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/59569072.cms

Extracts:
To effect this change, the transport ministry has set a target of issuing radio frequency identification (RFID) or FASTags to 5 million vehicles in one year to minimise cash transactions at toll plazas. Under the plan, the ministry has asked all transport corporations to get trucks and buses equipped with RFID, a top official told ET.

The ministry will make all toll lanes RFID enabled and FASTags will be provided for all vehicles sold at dealerships. At present, FASTags, developed by the Indian Highways Management Company Ltd (IHMC), a tie-up between the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), are available at toll plazas and several banks, including ICICI, Axis and SBI.

The government has also proposed to make all its upcoming expressways cashless with the advanced gantry-based tolling system, which would not require vehicles to queue up at toll plazas, eliminating delay on toll roads by collecting usage charge electronically.
Old 14th July 2017, 20:40   #1075
BHPian

Chargeback cannot be claimed beyond 40 days. See image for more information.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20170714203820.png  

mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 10:44   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
hi Aneezan, Would you know what is the timing for Fastag application in Hoskote toll plaza. Can we apply for ICICI Fastag there or which bank fastag is available ? How long did the process of application and getting the fastag take ?
thanks
Update: Got the fastag from idfc bank from the Hoskote toll plaza. the timings for the bank rep is between 11 am and 5 pm. The number given by security guard did not work when i went in morning at 10 AM. Managed to catch the rep on my way back at 4:45 pm(He was about to leave for the day looks like hence didnt get a chance to take his mobile number). He wanted rs 1000 atleast + 30 "service" charges. Manage to scrape that amount in cash. He took all my details by hand in a log book, took the xerox of my RC card etc. And came over to my vehicle and stuck the tag. With the promise that in 24 hours it will be activated. Rightly so it got activated by next day evening.
All set with my fastag for now!!
Old 17th July 2017, 14:45   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Can any one share the contact numbers of ICICI DSAs who are dealing with FasTag. The chaps who helped me seems to have moved out.
Old 17th July 2017, 15:13   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Can any one share the contact numbers of ICICI DSAs who are dealing with FasTag. The chaps who helped me seems to have moved out.
You can check this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
In the meanwhile, this is the contact of the executive if anybody requires the tag. Rama: +918951879026
Also, I got the tag after 1 week. Yet to use it, though. I will be able to use it this weekend on my travel to Kochi.
Old 17th July 2017, 15:21   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
This chap deals with Axis. 99426 99119

NumberOne Communication in Madurai, Tamil Nadu

He'll take NEFT / IMPS transfer of the money and accept scanned copies of proofs over whatsapp, courier you the tag.
Old 18th July 2017, 16:04   #1080
BHPian

A while ago I was in Kerala very near the Tamil Nadu border near Coimbatore. On that day I had a charge applied at some toll booth in Andhra Pradesh for Rs. 35. Obviously I was never there

I raised a complaint on the ICICI Fastag website, and today that charge was reversed and the money refunded to me.

Check your statements regularly; I have come across such spurious charges applied to other BHPian friends of mine too. In fact, one of them had a charge applied at a Pune toll booth during last weekend when he was in Ooty with all of us!

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks