Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:42   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Nuisance .. I have an axis bank fastag for my Amaze so got one more for my fiesta mapped to the same wallet ID.

The wallet has rs 1000 balance and the fiesta tag shows that it is ok on the axis website, but the automated scanners refuse it, and using a handheld scanner tells me the tag is blacklisted.
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:52   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Nuisance .. I have an axis bank fastag for my Amaze so got one more for my fiesta mapped to the same wallet ID.

The wallet has rs 1000 balance and the fiesta tag shows that it is ok on the axis website, but the automated scanners refuse it, and using a handheld scanner tells me the tag is blacklisted.
Have you checked for any option of transferring wallet balance to tag's own balance?

At least in ICICI its like this.. wallet(CUG) account is master and each tag account has its own account. So if we recharge to CUG master account, then we have to transfer separately to tag account from the CUG balance.
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:24   #1128
BHPian

Question: What happens if I use the fastag on my other car? Both are the same type of vehicles. Do the booth operators pay attention to vehicle number when we pass the toll? I have never used my tag, hence this question.
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:17   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Question: What happens if I use the fastag on my other car? Both are the same type of vehicles. Do the booth operators pay attention to vehicle number when we pass the toll? I have never used my tag, hence this question.
At some booths, they note down the number manually. And it is not legal to use the same fastag in two cars. Also, as per instructions, you are supposed to paste the fastag on the windscreen.

Quote:
Question: I have two vehicles, can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?

Answer: No. You have to take two separate FASTags for the two vehicles.

Source: https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-B...tag-faqs.page#
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:48   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Have you checked for any option of transferring wallet balance to tag's own balance?

At least in ICICI its like this.. wallet(CUG) account is master and each tag account has its own account. So if we recharge to CUG master account, then we have to transfer separately to tag account from the CUG balance.
Axis has only the single wallet, no CUG type concept. Their call centre confirmed that the wallet has balance and both cars should be OK. And if it recurs I need to call them from the toll itself.

Too late for me as I had to reach bangalore before I could google for their call centre number and raise a call. I will check this out on my return journey.
Old 2nd August 2017, 17:10   #1131
BHPian

So I used the much touted FasTag earlier this week on a drive from Mumbai to Hubli and back. Here are my observations:
1. FasTag not working at the Vashi toll plaza as that's contolled by MEP.
2. Worked seamlessly on the Mumbai Pune Expressway both ways.
3. Kini and Hattargi toll plaza officials blatantly refused to entertain the FastTag. In fact the ETC lane at both these plazas were blocked for vehicles. ETC board was present though. The official mentioned that the FastTag is not working there for the last 4 months and they have mailed the relevant support staff. Please pay toll and move on!
4. Some of the toll plazas (for eg Mumbai Pune Expressway (MPEW)) allowed FastTag vehicles to go in different lanes and still honored the tag.
5. At Khed-Shivpur toll plaza, the official refused to honor the tag as we were in the general lane (non etc). We paid cash and moved on.
6. At the MPEW the queue at the ETC plaza was the longest and most of the vehicles were trucks and trailers. Not exactly fast moving and smooth flowing. Other lanes where cash was paid were moving faster.
7. As a general problem I observed that the text message was being delivered around 20 minutes after the transaction took place. This needs to be near real time.
8. At some toll plazas there were a couple of attendants sitting outside the plaza on the lane and the lane was barricaded. It was opened only when the fast tag was made visible to the attendant. Completely against the spirit of automation and waste of manpower.
9. At Anewadi toll plaza the fast tag lane was shut. We pulled into the next lane and pointed out the tag to which the official pulled out a scanner and let us go through.

All in all, it wasn't exactly a smooth transition to FastTag.
@Chaand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:08   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Actually I am planning to get fastag, but from this thread came to know that it is available through either ICICI, IDFC or AXIS. Can someone tell me if there is a difference in the fastag from these different banks. Just wanted to get your opinion before I finalize to go ahead with any one of the banks.
FASTag is available from the following:
ICICI
IDFC
Axis Bank
HDFC
SBI
Equitas Bank
Syndicate Bank
Karur Vysya Bank
Punjab National Bank

I applied for mine today with HDFC Bank. Got an application from their side in mail, filled it scanned it and sent it back along with an NEFT of 300 for activation and initial recharge.

Got my FASTag activation message within 2 hours and the recharge message immediately after that. They will dispatch the tag soon. The initial process has been really smooth with HDFC. Will share my experience once I start using it.
beingyukeit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:47   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
ICICI
IDFC
Axis Bank
HDFC
SBI
Equitas Bank
Syndicate Bank
Karur Vysya Bank
Punjab National Bank

I applied for mine today with HDFC Bank. Got an application from their side in mail, filled it scanned it and sent it back along with an NEFT of 300 for activation and initial recharge.

Got my FASTag activation message within 2 hours and the recharge message immediately after that. They will dispatch the tag soon. The initial process has been really smooth with HDFC. Will share my experience once I start using it.
Got mine last week, and tried it out at the Airport road toll. The scanned didn't scan it automatically, and after 3 attempts with the handheld device, I was allowed to pass through. Not sure if it was scanned successfully using the handheld device, as its been 4 days and their is no deduction from the Fastag account.
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:50   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Got mine last week, and tried it out at the Airport road toll. The scanned didn't scan it automatically, and after 3 attempts with the handheld device, I was allowed to pass through. Not sure if it was scanned successfully using the handheld device, as its been 4 days and their is no deduction from the Fastag account.
Did you get your tag from HDFC as well? And sorry I don't know the Airport Toll road since I am from Mumbai not Bengaluru.
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:30   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get your tag from HDFC as well? And sorry I don't know the Airport Toll road since I am from Mumbai not Bengaluru.
No, mine is from ICICI.
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:13   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
I applied for mine today with HDFC Bank. Got an application from their side in mail, filled it scanned it and sent it back along with an NEFT of 300 for activation and initial recharge. Got my FASTag activation message within 2 hours and the recharge message immediately after that. They will dispatch the tag soon. The initial process has been really smooth with HDFC.
I went with HDFC and the process was rather smooth (application form, DL and RC all scanned and sent by mail). Received the tag and confirmed with them that I can stick it on my own. They asked me to send a pic with my car number visible and that's it. This weekend will be using it. I will update in case of any issues
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:12   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
ICICI
IDFC
Axis Bank
HDFC
SBI
Equitas Bank
Syndicate Bank
Karur Vysya Bank
Punjab National Bank

It's also available from various POS's across Mumbai. 4 or 5 of them.
I got mine from the fuel station across Pawan Hans in Mumbai. Wasn't a very smooth process. But managed to walk out with a working FastTag in an hours time. The POS based sales doesn't exactly seem to be a very popular way of selling as the manager there mentioned that I was only the second person to walk in there to buy it ever since FasTag was launched!

Last edited by @Chaand : 3rd August 2017 at 15:14.
Old 4th August 2017, 14:23   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
I went with HDFC and the process was rather smooth (application form, DL and RC all scanned and sent by mail). Received the tag and confirmed with them that I can stick it on my own. They asked me to send a pic with my car number visible and that's it. This weekend will be using it. I will update in case of any issues
Awaiting our update buddy. Mine will be put to test on Independence Day.

Had applied for my FASTag on 2nd August with HDFC and got the tag today (4th). Very fast. Their portal is also straight forward and clean looking. They sent me photocopied instructions page and a receipt for the purchase.

To anyone who gets an HDFC tag, they will send you a customer ID and a wallet ID. To register on the portal, you will need both of these. They are very similar numbers usually, but make sure u count the zeroes because the wallet ID will usually have an extra zero. The website has no validation check if you input wrong IDs and it will just go ahead in registering you, but you won't be able to login. I am mentioning this because I wasted a lot of time on customer care by missing the extra zero, so nobody else wastes their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
It's also available from various POS's across Mumbai. 4 or 5 of them.
I got mine from the fuel station across Pawan Hans in Mumbai. Wasn't a very smooth process. But managed to walk out with a working FastTag in an hours time. The POS based sales doesn't exactly seem to be a very popular way of selling as the manager there mentioned that I was only the second person to walk in there to buy it ever since FasTag was launched!
Agreed. I tried a couple of POS locations way back last year. One told me they did not have the tags. One told me to stay away from this Tag thing. I tried with ICICI nobody bothered. IDFC nobody bothered. PayTM is a mystery.

Also, can anyone suggest the best practice for tag pasting location? Have read windshield centre as the most popular. What if I am going for a dashcam? I have an Ertiga 2016.
beingyukeit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 19:34   #1139
BHPian

Finally got mine for both the cars but yet to use it. Icici sales guy tells me to put it on the front windscreen below the rear view mirror. But the sealink tag i had put it on the sunroof. Can i put this one on the sunroof. I dont have the sealink one anymore. Is it the windscreen cos the detector on the highways arent top mounted? Any one has any clue.

Thanks for help.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2017, 01:43   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Icici sales guy tells me to put it on the front windscreen below the rear view mirror. But the sealink tag i had put it on the sunroof. Can i put this one on the sunroof. I dont have the sealink one anymore. Is it the windscreen cos the detector on the highways arent top mounted?
You can as well put it on the sunroof. The RFID Tag readers are mounted so far high up that it doesn't make a difference if the tag is on the windscreen or the rear windshield or sunroof or the boot (provided the boot is not made of metal).

BUT, having the tag on the windscreen makes it visible to the personnel and this is necessary at some toll booths where the FASTag lane is usually closed using cones and a staffer opens it only when a vehicle with the tag drives in.

Long story short, you may fix it on the sunroof, but better to fix the tag on the windshield at a place where it's visible from the outside.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks