Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 18:35   #1261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

ICICI gives Cash back of 10%.

Could someone please advise on which Fastag to go for?

Edit:
We don't use Paytm for any transaction. So does it make any sense to go for this?
ICICI also gives only a cashback of 7.5% from this financial year. 10% was last year. This is a provided by NHAI/IMHCL and not by the Tag issuing bank.

I would have preferred PayTM anyday due to many reasons including ease of application, linkage to PayTM wallet, etc. But, unfortunately I didn't know that PayTM offered FasTag until after I applied for an ICICI FasTag and that too by accident, on the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Folks, In Paytm App there are two sellers, one by a seller called One97 and another by PAYTM itself. Which one did you guys opt for? Do let me know please.

Regards
Sandy.
One97 is the parent company of PayTM. So I think both sellers would be the same. Though, I don't understand the need for selling under 2 sellers, there would be little difference in the service, I feel.
Old 26th August 2017, 08:02   #1262
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Paytm looks good since you have their wallet and everything can be done at home. But their support isnt all that responsive I guess.

1) Dropped an online message using their form hoping that they will call - no response after 5 days.
2) Dropped an email too. Same result.
3) Called their toll free number and the support executive sort of used some template based answers. I asked him few questions and he replied "I am sorry, I can't help you on that question".

Anyways, the entire process takes around 5 days I think. Make the order, you get the email confirmation in 24-48 hours, then the agent will call you asking for the KYC documents, he will come for verification, once that's done, the tag will be activated in 48 hours.
Old 26th August 2017, 16:15   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Any specific situation you could recall for the double charge ? Something like "too close to the car in front", "reversing at the cue" etc. ?
Nothing of that sort. I don't remember what exactly happened at those two tolls, but I was alone in almost all the tolls. No one ahead, no one behind.
Old 26th August 2017, 16:29   #1264
BHPian

Has anybody got activated the RFID Tag which came from the manufacturer? I read government has launched FASTag Partner app for the same but neither the toll guys which sell the regular Fastag nor the bank's helpline have any clue about it.

Quote:
FASTag Partner is a merchant App. Agencies like Common Services Centre, banking partners and vehicle dealers can sell and enroll FASTag through this App. In addition to this, the App can also be used to activate the RFID tags that came built in with around 74 lakh cars in the country following the 2013 Gazette Notification in this regard. These RFID tags are already fixed on the cars but are dormant. This App will convert these RFID tags into ETC Tag (FASTag)
Old 27th August 2017, 11:57   #1265
BHPian

This post is to share Bangalore-Tirupati round trip Fastag experience.
Must admit it was a good experience.

My earlier Fastag experience was limited to Bangalore-Chennai and Bangalore-Tanjore/Pudukottai/Karaikudi routes.

Bangalore-Tirupati
Onward: Friday, 25th August
Start: 1430 Hrs
Arrival: 1915 Hrs

Hoskote toll- One person operating the sliding gate and it was a drive through with no vehicles in this queue. Cash lanes had 12-15 vehicles. Amount: Rs 15

Mulbagal toll- One person operating the sliding gate and it was a breeze drive through with no vehicles in this queue. The cash lanes had 7-10 vehicles. Amount: Rs 65

Nangili toll- One person operating the sliding gate and also manually scanning the tag. There were 2 vehicles ahead of me and hand held scanner had slow connection. It took ~30-40 seconds for scanner to validate the tag- so I wasted around 2 minutes here. Amount: Rs 25

Tirupati - Banglore
Return: Saturday, 26th August
Start: 1400 Hrs
Arrival: 1900 Hrs

Nangili toll: Since it was raining, the person who operates the sliding gate and manually scans the tag was missing. I reached the sliding gate and honked, so this guy comes running from the shed and scanned the tag. The scanner immediately validated. Cash lanes had 7-10 vehicles each. Amount: Rs 25

Mulbagal toll: It was raining and the person manning the gate was missing. When I reached and honked, the people signalled that the lane is closed and asked to join the cash lane. I joined the cash lane where they scanned manually. My point is that if you have manual scanner, you should still keep the lane open. Amount: Rs 65

Hoskote toll: One person operating the sliding gate and it was a drive through with 3 vehicles ahead of me in this queue. Cash lanes had 15-18 vehicles. Amount: Rs 15

Overall, I believe I saved around 15-17 minutes while going and 30-35 minutes while returning.

SMS was delivered immediately(<1 hour)compared to Chennai/Trichy route tolls - where its typically at midnight or next day.
daretodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 13:41   #1266
Team-BHP Support

I find the BIAL airport toll does not get debited. However, I got debited at Devanahalli over the weekend
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 14:48   #1267
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I find the BIAL airport toll does not get debited. However, I got debited at Devanahalli over the weekend
Did your tag get automatically detected and boom barrier open ? This one very rarely seems to work for me in my experiences thus far.
Old 27th August 2017, 16:43   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Same here. The Devanhalli Toll has debited only once out of the many times I have passed this toll towards Devanhalli - Kolar. I usually return via Hoskote so havent experimented the return booth towards Bengaluru. However two weeks back I went to see off a friend at the airport and before going to the airport we had dinner at NH7 Refuel. On the way to the place, the toll amount was debited by manual scanner. However, I returned to enter the airport and then pay toll at the regular BIAL booth and while the the Fastag system of multiple green signals and boom barrier opening worked top notch, I was not charged

It was a nice party trick in front of my co passengers while some friends in another car had to spend around five minutes in the line of cabs which had spiked up due to international arrivals late at night.
Old 28th August 2017, 10:27   #1269
BHPian

Had a Bangalore - Pondicherry trip this weekend, and Fastag worked fine both way. Only issue was, during the return journey, Attibele was a total mess, and they were allowing non-tag vehicles too.
Old 28th August 2017, 10:39   #1270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Did your tag get automatically detected and boom barrier open ? This one very rarely seems to work for me in my experiences thus far.
The boom was open, the person manning it merely moved the cone on seeing the sticker
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 10:50   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Attibele was a total mess, and they were allowing non-tag vehicles too.
This has become too common now at Attibele. The crowded booth also means you can't really get into the FASTag lane without proper planing or cutting others.

And they allowing cash vehicles is another normal "phenomenon" here. However, when passing out of KA Into TN, things are under control.
Old 28th August 2017, 11:15   #1272
Senior - BHPian

I did a Kerala trip last week after the government announced the wonders of fastag, sure enough, it didn't work as smoothly. At Attibele, the whole lane was dug up and at the next booth in Krishnagiri, they have cleverly delayed the lane by starting the queue about 100 metres away and creating a pile up. The lane was the slowest and like all other automation programs, the lane had the maximum number of people around doing nothing, cash lanes were much faster.

I don't think this will pick up anytime soon, most people don't know what it is and given how the frauds running the tolls have managed to make it as inconvenient as possible, most people will stick to cash. Strangely, it works best at isolated areas, Krishnagiri toll used to charge twice instead of charging a return difference, the highways authority couldn't get them to fall in line?
Old 28th August 2017, 12:29   #1273
Senior - BHPian

My FasTag experience during the long week end was rather pleasent. I had checked this thread before I started my journey though.
At Attibele - the marked FasTag lane was blocked for repairs, but the one on its right side was functional. So took that one, and things were smooth.
At Krishnagiri - the location of the lane had changed, but had anticipated it spotted the guard at the start of the lane. Here too precious time was saved.
At Thoppur - FasTag accepted, but the lane was moving very slowly. This toll booth never manages to get any of their work done rightly. This booth is reaching the "L&T byepass" levels.
At Vaigundam - FasTag accepted. Lanes were well marked etc.
At Kumarapalayam - I was sleeping. Driver on duty said, it worked fine here as well.
At the one near Avanashi (Pallakkapalayam??) - I was sleeping. Driver on duty said, it worked fine here as well.
At Walayar - FasTag was accepted, and lanes were well marked (and protected).

I was also getting SMS messages promptly. And I was not double charged any where.
Old 29th August 2017, 06:33   #1274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
This post is to share Bangalore-Tirupati round trip Fastag experience.
Must admit it was a good experience.
I had a similar experience on my 24/8 trip so not repeating this detailed post.

Only thing to add is that I noticed a lot of handheld scanners so I suspect FASTag will soon be extended to all lanes officially.
Old 29th August 2017, 10:25   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
I applied for fastag at HDFC two weeks ago but there is no confirmation or reply from the Sahaj e-village who looks after fastag operations. ... Does anyone know the solution for getting fastag from HDFC?
Yes, they are quite slow at this. Try these two numbers (I think these are back office team not customer support). Call them to check Tag status and when will they send it. 09910410669 & 09910410166

I was told that they had system issue and that they will send a local person to deliver my tag who did not appear for 2 days although he told he will come same day on both days
Meanwhile I kept checking with back office guys who told that my Tag was processed and will be couriered. Later got email that Tag was shipped.

Also once you send the pic of car with Tag pasted, please call them again to activate, I waited 1 week without any response and then had to ring them up to activate it immediately.

Query to other HDFC Tag users: Do you get SMS on Toll charges? I did not get those today when used them on BETL although the barrier worked fine and Charges were correctly deducted for the double trip today.
Got the answer , seems HDFC Tag users do not get SMS. Quoting bhpian simonkayar below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
The HDFC online portal, recharging were are without any hassles. The NEFT recharge was with some commission of about 8 Rs or so.
... I did not get any SMS though (In fact no SMS at all anytime for any deduction)

Last edited by vidyanand : 29th August 2017 at 10:36. Reason: spell check . adding question, found answer
vidyanand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks