Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 19:12   #1276
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Went for a drive in the last weekend in the route Bangalore-Hyderabad-Siddipet-Karimnagar-Mancherial-CG/Odisha-Visakhapattanam-Vijayawada-Naidupet-Tirupathi-Bangalore. The FastTag was really useful in most of the places between Bangalore-Hyderabad section and Vizag-Bangalore section.

FastTag Acceptance: The Hyderabad-Mancherial route which is Telangana SH 1 had non-NHAI toll booths, FastTag was not available there. In the Vizag-Bangalore section the three toll booths before Vijayawada namely Unguturu, Kalapparu and Pottippadu were not accepting FastTag even though one lane was marked as FastTag. In all the three booths operator told its not available and had to pay cash.

Dedicated Lanes for FastTag: All the toll booths between Bangalore and Hyderabad had separate lane for FastTag and at some places this avoided queue of five plus vehicles. In the Vizag- Bangalore section, the first three toll booths between Vizag and Rajamundry namely Agnampadi, Vampadu and Krishnavaram did not had dedicated FastTag lane, one lane was marked as FastTag and other vehicles were allowed in this lane, these all booths used handheld scanner. In the NH 4 section between Mulbagal to Bangalore, the Mulbagal toll booth was allowing all the vehicles in the FastTag lane, here the operator handed over the scanner to me and I had to scan it and give back. They should have done this due to the high traffic volume on the Sunday evening after the long weekend.

The details of the tolls crossed for this drive is given below, the highlighted ones are not paid through FastTag:
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-cg_drive_tolls.jpg
denver85 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 14:57   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Paytm looks good since you have their wallet and everything can be done at home. But their support isnt all that responsive I guess.

1) Dropped an online message using their form hoping that they will call - no response after 5 days.
2) Dropped an email too. Same result.
3) Called their toll free number and the support executive sort of used some template based answers. I asked him few questions and he replied "I am sorry, I can't help you on that question".

Anyways, the entire process takes around 5 days I think. Make the order, you get the email confirmation in 24-48 hours, then the agent will call you asking for the KYC documents, he will come for verification, once that's done, the tag will be activated in 48 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I brought it from One97. I guess both should be the same. But if others have got it from Paytm itself, then I should take a second look. However, its already one day up and no follow up is done. I hope thats because of the festival and nothing else.
Placed an order on 25th August for fastag through Paytm, still now no response. has any one who have applied for fastag recently received any response?
Old 30th August 2017, 15:01   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Placed an order on 25th August for fastag through Paytm, still now no response. has any one who have applied for fastag recently received any response?
I was waiting for some response to post here. However, there is none. I ordered on 24th August and till date no one has contacted me, nor is there any update on the order. Yesterday I tried contacting Paytm fastag helpline, but they did not have details of my order with them and told me to contact Paytm mall. I couldnt contact them. Posted on their FB page and I get the same reply telling they could not find my order. It is successful and even appearing on my App and website. Not sure what in the world is going on. I should have just driven down and got the tag from a POS location
Old 30th August 2017, 15:16   #1279
BHPian

Got a payment notification that fastag is ready to ship on paytm today
Ordered on 25th August.
Old 30th August 2017, 16:14   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess I replied early. I received a message with a link to fill in vehicle details. Since I dont have the RC copy now, I will update it at home in the evening. Not sure if they escalated my issue and took action or this is their regular timeline.
Old 30th August 2017, 16:30   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Guess I replied early. I received a message with a link to fill in vehicle details. Since I dont have the RC copy now, I will update it at home in the evening. Not sure if they escalated my issue and took action or this is their regular timeline.
I got the message as well, was about to reply to you. Anyway Cheers.

Regards
Sandy
Old 30th August 2017, 17:25   #1282
BHPian

I applied for fasttag from Equitas. It's a small finance bank.
They have the option of uploading the RC and other KYC documents online. I applied on 24th Aug 2017 night, the application got approved on 28th and I got the tag by courier on 30th Aug, inspite of the long holiday weekend.
Payment was also done online. Minimum is 500/-, out of which 200 is the deposit, 200 is the tag charge and 100 added to the tag balance.
Overall a very smooth process even the website looked a bit rudimentary.

Here is the link
https://fastag.equitasbank.com/

Only step pending is to try it out at a toll plaza.
nagarjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 18:05   #1283
BHPian

Quote:

I booked PAYTM FASTag on 18-Aug and received SMS today around 4 PM with link for updating Vehicle details for my placed order. Uploaded RC scanned copy and submitted. Now wait starts for receiving the tag.

Last edited by aeroamit : 30th August 2017 at 18:05. Reason: added more info
Old 30th August 2017, 18:48   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I received a message with a link to fill in vehicle details. Since I dont have the RC copy now, I will update it at home in the evening. Not sure if they escalated my issue and took action or this is their regular timeline.
Quote:
I got the message as well, was about to reply to you. Anyway Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
I booked PAYTM FASTag on 18-Aug and received SMS today around 4 PM with link for updating Vehicle details for my placed order. Uploaded RC scanned copy and submitted.
Same here guys. I applied on 24th, got the sms today for details. And I see it shipped in the evening. Excited to take some 'out of city' drives only to see how it works ! If you guys are willing, we could do it as a "Paytm Fastag Newbie Group"
Screenshot below.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-paytag.png
Old 30th August 2017, 18:54   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Same here guys. I applied on 24th, got the sms today for details. And I see it shipped in the evening. Excited to take some 'out of city' drives only to see how it works ! If you guys are willing, we could do it as a "Paytm Fastag Newbie Group"
Screenshot below.
Attachment 1670987
The upload kind of stalled for me. The reason was I took pictures of RC Book(SX4 has old RC in the form of a book) and I uploaded the pictures which were huge in size. However, now if I try to access the link, it says that they have already received the vehicle details for my order ID. I called up customer care but as usual they had no information about the order. Now I should wait and watch if the status changes.

Yes I would be ok to experiment with it, but I am not a newbie to FasTag but a regular user from the last four months or so. I have used it close to 30 times and counting. I was just not finding time to drive to Airport toll and get the Tag onto my SX4, which actually sees more highway trips. But we could do a Fastag parade in airport toll booth.

Last edited by audioholic : 30th August 2017 at 18:57.
Old 30th August 2017, 18:59   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....I called up customer care but as usual they had no information about the order. Now I should wait and watch if the status changes.
You should ignore the customer care, its useless. Let the system do its job. I think yours is already processed. They need the image only to reconfirm the vehicle number and print on the tag as I understand

When we say Airport toll, do we mean the airport return one ? Or the one between Airport toll and Nandi Hill deviation ? I never noticed a fastag board anywhere !!

Last edited by shajufx : 30th August 2017 at 19:02.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 19:55   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I received a call from +91-120-4770770 (PAYTM FASTag) confirming that my details have been received by them and I can expect Tag in next 3-4 days.
Old 30th August 2017, 20:43   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I applied for fasttag from Equitas. It's a small finance bank.
Here is the link
https://fastag.equitasbank.com/

Only step pending is to try it out at a toll plaza.
Had been trying to get in touch with the HDFC appointed guy for last 10 days and he never turned up after multiple calls.

Thanks for this link. Uploaded all the details and made the payment. Now the wait begins.
Only downside of this site is that, they are taking credit card for payments. It offered only debit card, debit card with atm pin and internet banking only.
Old 30th August 2017, 23:38   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Question: Is there a way to use the RFID provided by the vehicle manufacturer as FASTag? My TUV3OO already got an RFID provided by Mahindra.

A related news
Old 31st August 2017, 08:04   #1290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Question: Is there a way to use the RFID provided by the vehicle manufacturer as FASTag? My TUV3OO already got an RFID provided by Mahindra.

A related news
They claim to have developed this through a Fastag partner app. This app will allow registration of the existing RFID tag on the windshield to be used as Fastag. However I haven't seen any official announcement from any of the service providers about the same. But the currently issued Fastags have a different antenna compared to the one installed on the car at the factory. I am not sure which one is more suitable.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks