Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2017, 18:52   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I am still waiting for PayTM to delivery my two tags, meanwhile i got a call from their cust service ( a Bangalore number) asking if the tags were delivered.

Quick question : Both my cars already have an RFID sticker. Are they of no use at all ?
Old 9th September 2017, 22:07   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Only step 1 is done for us and they will still need the photo and KYC. It also mentions that the Fastag will be fixed on the vehicle by the representative of Paytm Payments Bank only
I have received my paytm FASTag today. The tag was packed with aluminium foil, so I guess tag may be already active, otherwise why does it need special packing? Along with the tag, KYC form is included but no instruction on who will collect it or where it needs to be submitted. They have included instructions about how to affix the FASTag on the windscreen, so it seems they want customer to affix it on the windscreen.

Edit: Question - Did anyone successfully use paytm FASTag in any toll gate? Any more documentation left after receiving the FASTag from paytm?

Last edited by airbus : 9th September 2017 at 22:28.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 22:15   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Have you tried this or are you doubting it?.
Tried and failed. I am thinking on putting it outside and stick a clear film on top of it.
Old 10th September 2017, 12:26   #1429
BHPian

The Bankapur toll plaza on NH4 Bangalore-Bombay highway - Fastag has not been working for the last six months according to the staff there. I had to pay cash.

The Fastag lanes are closed off, there are no sensors, and no Fastag signage anywhere.

When I asked the staff what the issue was, they said that NHAI themselves removed Fastag from there; that there was some problems with the Fastag infrastructure there and that it has not been repaired yet and that they had no idea as to when (and if) it would be reinstalled.

Is there anywhere (other than ICICI from whom I got the tag) where I can complain about the lack of Fastag there?

Cheers
Old 10th September 2017, 12:43   #1430
tud
BHPian

Folks,

Now with a plethora of service providers for the Fastag (ICICI, HDFC, Axis, Equitas), can you guys please share the cons of your service provider. It would help the guys going in for their Fastag.

I would personally like to go for the ICICI tag because I've been banking with them for the longest time. But with Paytm on board, it looks like they would handle this tag monitoring, recharge better. From the forum conversations, it looks like Paytm has a huge backlog on deliveries. Equitas offers a complete digital KYC - no need to visit anyone nor anyone is going to visit you. Its all over email and post.

All of them seem to mention about a transaction fee for every recharge. This seems to be absurd because the transaction fee is not just for debit and credit cards, but also for netbanking. Wouldn't an NEFT or IMPS transfer to tag account help remove this transaction fee?

Please share your thoughts.
Old 10th September 2017, 13:31   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
can you guys please share the cons of your service provider.
HDFC
Pros
  1. Extremely fast acquiring process
  2. Tag works well
Cons
  1. Online portal is messy, like really messy, almost not worth using
  2. No confirmation SMS of toll charge (haven't received any till date on the trip I made)
  3. Customer service is lacking (I put a request for cancellation of tag, seems like nobody is monitoring anything there)
  4. Recharging will not be mobile friendly (bummer if you are on the road and need to recharge)
Personally, I do not like the way HDFC portal works, and that's a real deal breaker.

PayTM
Pros
  1. Recharging tags should be a breeze
  2. Already mobile friendly
  3. Tag should work well (assumption but safe to assume) once everything is in place
  4. Transaction history should be available at a glance from PayTM app
Cons
  1. Acquiring process seems confusing & all over the place
I am to receive my PayTM tag today but the status in the app already shows active. Once they sort out their stuff, I am guessing PayTM will be the best option.

My two cents on this, since FASTag is an on-the-road thing, opt for something that is mobile friendly. Of-course you can sufficiently recharge before heading out, but it's just easier to get things done on a mobile device, in case you hit the road urgently or forgot to recharge before hand sometimes.

Last edited by beingyukeit : 10th September 2017 at 13:32. Reason: Bulleted the list
beingyukeit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 14:54   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Is there anywhere (other than ICICI from whom I got the tag) where I can complain about the lack of Fastag there?
You can email at below id-
etc.nodal@ihmcl.com

You could expect reply from them within 2-3 days.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 17:10   #1433
Distinguished - BHPian

As posted on HVK Forum:

Looks like there are some issues with Fastag's issued by ICICI for LMV's. The vehicles are being charged the rate of bus / truck or multi-axle ( not sure which category). Especially reported on Nelamangala - Hassan section.

Is anyone seeing this problem ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 17:30   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
As posted on HVK Forum:

Looks like there are some issues with Fastag's issued by ICICI for LMV's. The vehicles are being charged the rate of bus / truck or multi-axle ( not sure which category). Especially reported on Nelamangala - Hassan section.

Yes, I had the same issue at the Bellur Toll Plaza ( Bengaluru - Hassan stretch) a couple of days ago. I was charged Rs 225 once, but was charged the correct amount of Rs 40, on my way back the next day.

I called the Fast Tag Helpline and registered a complaint and was told that the extra amount would be credited back to my Tag account in a couple of days.

Also, it did not read my tag in a couple of toll booths and the guy had to scan it with a handheld reader.
Old 10th September 2017, 18:27   #1435
BHPian

Paytm Fastag Online Purchase - CONCLUSION (All information from personal experience till successful RFID toll payment)

Hi all, let me put an end to all confusions for Paytm Fastag hereby defining the processes once again :-

1) Buy Paytm Fastag for 500rs including 150rs wallet credit - Link

2) In 24-48 hrs you will receive an sms with a link to upload your RC copy and enter basic owner information and address.

3) 4-5 days from purchase you will receive the Tag by courier.

4) Day 5 to 8, You will have the Fastag Tab enabled under Paytm App > Passbook > Fastag. Now click on "Manage Fastags" and the Tag may be in the status "Issued". Do not travel with this status. It is normal to encounter loading error while checking Fastag status once in a while.

5) Anytime from Day 6, the Tag status will change from "Issued" to "Active" and we are good to go!

I have tested this successfully by going through a Toll booth (Bangalore Electronic City Elevated Tollway)

Note: We do not need to worry or do anything apart from the above 5 steps other than of course sticking the RFID on our windscreen (DIY).

DO's
a) For your vehicle ensure that you have received the right class of Tag. For example, Class 4 for Car/Jeep etc.
b) Feel free to stick the RFID on the windscreen as per the instructions.

DONT's or Obsolete Steps
i) Do NOT call Paytm Fastag toll free customer care. Bunch of IDIOTS! They don't know anything about online process of Tag purchase and will fight onto death that our Fastag won't be active unless 'their' person comes home and verifies and collect docs, which of course is wrong information. It is activated as per steps 1 to 5 mentioned above and no other processes involved.
ii) Do NOT travel with status "Issued". Wait till it becomes "Active", automatically.
iii) In case you call customer care, they will insist on physical verification and document collection and raise a ticket. This step is not needed. Without that the tag will be active.

How Paytm Fastag Wallet Works

a) 150rs gets locked into the Fastag wallet on purchase. Fastag wallet is separate from Paytm main wallet.
b) When you pass through a Toll booth, automatically it deducts the toll fee from your Fastag wallet. Immediately though the same amount is debited to your Paytm main wallet and thereby the Fastag wallet again becomes 150rs.
c) I assume that if your Paytm main wallet balance is zero, you may not be able to pass through a 2nd toll. This assumption is based on the fact that for Paytm Fastag to work, Fastag Wallet should have 150rs balance. However advisable to have balance in Paytm wallet always.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 10th September 2017 at 18:45.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 08:47   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
As posted on HVK Forum:

Yes I saw the post in the forum and I too became one of the victim. Saturday I did a two way trip to Hassan and excess amount of Rs 575 got deducted in Nelamanagala and Bellur toll.

Name:  fastag.png
Views: 14408
Size:  28.2 KB

I have registered 3 complaints with ICICI and also sent a mail to etc.nodal@ihmcl.com. Keeping my fingers crossed.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 09:18   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
The Bankapur toll plaza on NH4 Bangalore-Bombay highway - Fastag has not been working for the last six months according to the staff there. I had to pay cash.

The Fastag lanes are closed off, there are no sensors, and no Fastag signage anywhere.

When I asked the staff what the issue was, they said that NHAI themselves removed Fastag from there; that there was some problems with the Fastag infrastructure there and that it has not been repaired yet and that they had no idea as to when (and if) it would be reinstalled.

Cheers
I was told the same thing last october. Wonder if it was ever operational there.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:56   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
I was told the same thing last october. Wonder if it was ever operational there.
Yes it was active in February 2017 because I drove BLR-BOM-BLR, and Fastag was working there then.

Cheers
Old 11th September 2017, 12:03   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
As posted on HVK Forum:

I faced the same issue on my weekend trip from Bangalore to Palakkad. Vaigundham toll plaza (the one between Salem and Sankari) was the culprit both ways. On the onward journey, I was charged Rs. 320 (multi-axle) and Rs. 100 (LCV) for the return journey. Actual charge for LMV is Rs 55.

I have raised complaints with ICICI for both of these.
Old 11th September 2017, 12:15   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidclt View Post
I faced the same issue on my weekend trip from Bangalore to Palakkad. Vaigundham toll plaza (the one between Salem and Sankari) was the culprit both ways. On the onward journey, I was charged Rs. 320 (multi-axle) and Rs. 100 (LCV) for the return journey. Actual charge for LMV is Rs 55.

I have raised complaints with ICICI for both of these.
I was also charged Rs. 320 on my journey towards Kochi at the same toll plaza. However, I was not charged anything on the return journey. I have also filed a chargeback.

Most Viewed