Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 22:20   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Even I ordered through Paytm, on 9 Sept. Order details says arrival by 23 September. But I get the error while trying to access manage tags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
I get the same error.

Are other Paytm Fastag users also facing the same problem?

I ordered on 11th Sep and delivery by 28th Sep. Order status is received, so I am guessing they are yet to ship the tag.

I am not facing any errors while going to manage-fastag in either the app or the web. This is the link I am using - https://paytm.com/manage-fastag
Old 16th September 2017, 22:36   #1487
BHPian

Ignore this error. When the Tag is shipped, the error will not be displayed and correct details will be displayed.
Navneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 19:40   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post
Yes, there is no separate joining fee. I just paid Rs.300/- and the tag got activated with an available balance of Rs.100/-.
Hi,

I checked their website and it says :

https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/comm...escharges.html

"Tag Joining Fee (One-time Fee) 200/- ( including all applicable taxes)"

Apart from the above there is a security deposit and threshold balance.

Did you login as a customer to get a waiver?

Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 21:37   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
Hi,

This is how all banks charge. I wonder why it was different in this case.
Old 17th September 2017, 23:46   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Did you login as a customer to get a waiver?

Thanks
I am using fastag provided by HDFC bank and I paid only 300 (200 security deposit + 100 minimum balance). I was also confused about this joining fee and called the customer care of sahaj e-village limited (one of the tag providers of HDFC fastag). They asked to transfer 300 INR to their account and that was enough to activate the tag.

You would have got an email with the customer care numbers from one of the lead providers if you had submitted your basic details in HDFC Fast tag page. If not, to get more clarifications, you can use this number of sahaj customer support team +919910410669.
Old 18th September 2017, 02:46   #1491

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
This is how all banks charge. I wonder why it was different in this case.
No, I did not login as a customer. They might have changed the process (no tag joining fee) but I think that their website is not updated yet.
Old 18th September 2017, 09:39   #1492
BHPian

A quick update about Fast Tag lanes on Chennai - Bangalore route from my recent trip:
Sriperumbudur: Dedicated lane but not exclusive. Functioned normally (leave a vehicle length before entering, drive very slowly through and the barrier will lift as you reach it)
Chennasamudram: Dedicated lane but not exclusive. Functioned normally.
Pallikonda: Dedicated lane. Was operated as exclusive during my drive - A security person was manning the entrance and ensuring only vehicles with tag enter. But the reader was very erratic. Fast Tag lane best practices didn't work. I had to reverse slowly and pause under the reader before it decided to detect and lift the barrier. So please drive up to the start of toll fee counter and pause the car for a sec or two.
Vaniyambadi: Exact same experience as at Pallikonda.
Krishnagiri: Dedicated. Was manned yesterday so was exclusive too. However the reader was not functioning and operator had to scan manually. The manual scan was also quite erratic needing 3 - 4 attempts before going through.
Attibelle: Dedicated. Manned and exclusive yesterday. Functioned normally.
Mnjdnght is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 13:56   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The Fastag setup at Vaikundam toll booth on NH544 between Salem and Coimbatore is behaving erratically. No, it's not the reader because it reads the tag just fine but the deduction is what got my goat.
On 31st August, they charged the right amount. On 3rd September, the amount deducted was that of an LCV. On 7th September, Rs.320 got deducted - toll for a multi axle vehicle. The same car. But the tag reader thinks it's"growing up" :P
ICICI support says they will escalate this as there are many similar complaints already and the incorrect deduction will be adjusted in 10 days.
It's been over 10 days since the first incorrect debit happened. To set right the second such transaction, ICICI seemingly effected another debit of 220 from the tag account. So now, I've lost a total of 45+265+220, and their support number doesn't seem interested in doing anything other than listening to us.

Does anyone know some sort of escalation matrix for ICICI Fastag? One support desk agent passed me a Gmail address, but I'm not convinced about that. If all else fails, I will have to take respite with the PG Portal.
Old 18th September 2017, 14:24   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Does anyone know some sort of escalation matrix for ICICI Fastag? One support desk agent passed me a Gmail address, but I'm not convinced about that. If all else fails, I will have to take respite with the PG Portal.
Have you filed a complaint on the Fastag website against the faulty transaction? If you go to your tag account >> Tag account summary >> Trip History >> Choose timeframe

You can view the wrong charge here. Against this, you have an option to view the trip details where the time and other details are here. There is also an option to raise a complaint and give the details of the error. They have corrected it in two days for me every time I raised an issue with double charging in my case. You can see the images below:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capturqe.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture3.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 15:53   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Have you filed a complaint on the Fastag website against the faulty transaction?
Thanks for that bit, but I ended up calling the customer support after raising a complaint through the website.

After digging into the NHAI and IHMCL websites, I was able to find a couple of numbers where the gentlemen directed me to a different mobile number and finally to some E-mail addresses. Have written to them. Let's see what they do or if at all they do something.

To be honest, Fastag is a half-baked set-up. It'll take many more months at the minimum, before it'll be as reliable as it's supposed to be.
Old 18th September 2017, 20:15   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post
No, I did not login as a customer. They might have changed the process (no tag joining fee) but I think that their website is not updated yet.
I called up their customer care centre and verified the same. They said they are not charging the joining fee as a special case for a few months. I have applied online today. Got a confirmation that their executive will call back in 48 hours.
Let's see how many days it takes.
Old 19th September 2017, 08:51   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Equitas was super fast. I applied online, upoaded KYC docs and next day tag was in my hand for both Safari and Brio. Extremely pleased with the experience. Yet to test these on the highway though.

I have a quick question- how does this tag work at a post where multiple tolls are levied e.g. while driving down from Pune on the express way I can choose to pay for Khopoli exit (approx 100/-) or Kamothe exit- approx 200-. Is it manually done by telling the attendant at the toll post or software automates it?

tia,
-BJ
Old 19th September 2017, 09:19   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I have a quick question- how does this tag work at a post where multiple tolls are levied e.g. while driving down from Pune on the express way I can choose to pay for Khopoli exit (approx 100/-) or Kamothe exit- approx 200-. Is it manually done by telling the attendant at the toll post or software automates it?
Toll amount gets split, Rs. 138 & Rs. 92 to make total of Rs. 230 on express way.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 20:44   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
I was also charged Rs. 320 on my journey towards Kochi at the same toll plaza. However, I was not charged anything on the return journey. I have also filed a chargeback.
Finally, a chargeback of Rs. 265 was approved yesterday for the excess amount collected.
Old 20th September 2017, 13:36   #1500
BHPian

Got a call & followup mail from Paytm yesterday. I had uploaded RC as jpeg file in the link provided. The guy wanted me to send him png as an attachment. They should have put a note abt format if they are particular. Lost 2-3 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks