Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2017, 00:03   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I just logged into the paytm site and looked at the orders. the status is now showing - "Waiting for courier pickup" ; with a secondary status that said - "packed" . So I am guessing it will be sent out soon. The ambiguity of the whole thing still remains.
Same is my case. Looks like we are at their mercy! Fingers crossed!
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:19   #1532
BHPian

Re: Bagepalli Toll Plaza over charging

I frequently cross Bagepalli toll plaza , never had a issue with over charging. It is the Devanahalli toll plaza with whom I have an issue, the tag reader always charges 2 x 1 way instead of round trip. Every single time I have to raise issue with ICICI and get credit.
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:42   #1533
Senior - BHPian

I got an email and SMS in the early hours today stating that my Fastag has been dispatched, and would arrive between 24th and 27th September. The courier tracking status shows that it left the Okhla hub and arrived at the Delhi hub early today.

Let me see how long it takes. At least it is good to see a change in order status after a period of 11 days!
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:17   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I got an email and SMS in the early hours today stating that my Fastag has been dispatched, and would arrive between 24th and 27th September.
At least it is good to see a change in order status after a period of 11 days!
And, you could have done this, valid for only Hyderabad :
Day 1 : Call ICICI Karkhana branch FasTag guy called Bhanu Chander on 83 418 30 272
Day 2 : A rep would have visited you to get the form filled and collected the documents and cheque
Day 3 : Back end processing at the bank's branch
Day 4 : Your account would have been activated and you could log in online
Day 5 : The rep would have come and affixed the tag
Day 6 : The tag would have been activated and you could start using it

Reduce 3 days from the above if you already had an active account and wanted to just add another vehicle tag to the same account.
Old 23rd September 2017, 13:58   #1535
Senior - BHPian

How much money should be added to the wallet for regular highway driving for day? Say, if a person drives about 800-900 kms in a day on highways with fasttag's alone, how much would the average cost of tolls? Any idea on the average cost/km so that one can get a ballpark figure on how much to load the wallet for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I got an email and SMS in the early hours today stating that my Fastag has been dispatched, and would arrive between 24th and 27th September. The courier tracking status shows that it left the Okhla hub and arrived at the Delhi hub early today.

Let me see how long it takes. At least it is good to see a change in order status after a period of 11 days!
Same. I also got an sms that it is on its way from Delhi. Seems like they just got hold of a batch of fasttag's and now they are shipping them out. I am a bit more hopeful for the moment.
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:32   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
And, you could have done this, valid for only Hyderabad :
Day 1 : Call ICICI Karkhana branch FasTag guy called Bhanu Chander on 83 418 30 272
Day 2 : A rep would have visited you to get the form filled and collected the documents and cheque
Day 3 : Back end processing at the bank's branch
Day 4 : Your account would have been activated and you could log in online
Day 5 : The rep would have come and affixed the tag
Day 6 : The tag would have been activated and you could start using it
I initially did that around 3 days before my trip to Chikmagalur in June. The guy was on leave and the substitute said they needed 5 to 6 working days after all the documents were given to him. As I did not have that much time, I gave it up.

After reading recent posts, I thought I should give Paytm a try, as it is very mobile-friendly. Should help a lot in recharging also.

I did however call the ICICI helpline, but even after repeated trials, nobody was answering the calls. Hence I thought Paytm was a better option because someone posted that he got the Fastag within a week. This apart, there is no need for any person to visit me and collect the documents. All I had to do was take a screenshot of my RC from RTA-MWallet and upload it using the link provided in their SMS.
Old 23rd September 2017, 15:09   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
How much money should be added to the wallet for regular highway driving for day?
Re. 1 per KM and some more to be on the safer side .
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 17:41   #1538
BHPian

Hi All ! I would like to highlight my experience with Hdfc bank fast tag process. I applied on the website and got a detailed email from hdfc on the process and required documents. Made the neft payment also for 300 Rupees. I sent them all on September 15th evening. My fast tag was created on 20th September and I got it today a few mins ago. Mind you , my house is in hosur and the tag came from Noida. I am already able to login to my account and see the details of my fast tag. Kudos to her for the quick process!!

P.S they asked for scanned copy of RC, address proof and application forms. I scanned them using CamScanner app and it was accepted
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1506168686429.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th September 2017 at 12:47. Reason: Typo fixed. Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 17:48   #1539
Distinguished - BHPian

The tag i got via paytm is still showing 'issued' in the app and has not changed to 'active'. Been 2 weeks now since I received it and no clear response from customer care other than telling ' the issue has been forwarded to the concerned department'. Disappointed with paytm.
Old 23rd September 2017, 18:13   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
How much money should be added to the wallet for regular highway driving for day? Say, if a person drives about 800-900 kms in a day on highways with fasttag's alone, how much would the average cost of tolls? Any idea on the average cost/km so that one can get a ballpark figure on how much to load the wallet for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Re. 1 per KM and some more to be on the safer side .
Please load at least Rs. 1.15 per km for NHAI highways before you start your journey, though Rs. 1.20 per km will be a safer bet. Slightly more if your route has expressways like the MPEW (Mumbai Pune ExpressWay), etc.

The upward annual revisions in toll rates happens every 1st April for most tolls but some very old tolls get their revisions on date and month of contract.

It costs Rs. 595 for the 520 km journey from Shamshabad (Hyderabad) to Davanahalli (Bangalore) at present.

Hope this helps!
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 20:31   #1541

Hi,

I have seamlessly got my Fastag stickers for two of my vehicles(Ritz & Thar). Process is very simple. First get in touch with Mr. Sudheer Nalluri –Assistant Manager of Sahaj.

His address with cell# is below. Email a copy of your vehicle RC & Address proof(Aadhar good enough). Since today was not a working day, Mr.Sudheer asked me to collect the tags from his house(near ayappa temple, jalahalli). Even before I had reached his place he had already created customer id & wallet id(via HDFC). In fact he did not even take Rs.200/-deposit + 100/-re-charge though I offered him by cash but activated the tags. I got back home and net transferred Rs.600/- to his corporate bank account. I also logged on to hdfc fastag site & registered as retail user, topped up Rs.500/- to my account.

One dilemma I have is as to where to stick the Fastag on my Thar windshield. Factory RFID is right in the centre of the windshield (behind IRVM). Can I peel off this RFID and stick Fastag there? Since I want to do a test run tomorrow, appreciate if any bhpian can advice & share a picture as well. Thanks in advance.

My heartfelt appreciation to Mr.Sudheer. Wish his tribe grows in all service related fields.

Sahaj e Village Limited |14, 2nd Floor Langford Avenue Bulding Langford Garden Lalbagh Road | Near Richmond Circle| Bangalore-560025, INDIA(W) www.sahajcorporate.com| (sudheer.nalluri@sahaj.co.in) | (M)9886745679
Old 23rd September 2017, 21:09   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini66 View Post
One dilemma I have is as to where to stick the Fastag on my Thar windshield. Factory RFID is right in the centre of the windshield (behind IRVM). Can I peel off this RFID and stick Fastag there? Since I want to do a test run tomorrow, appreciate if any bhpian can advice & share a picture as well. Thanks in advance.
I suggest right top corner in such case.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 21:13   #1543

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I suggest right top corner in such case.
Thanks for quick response. Can you share picture of your Thar with the Fastag?
Old 24th September 2017, 00:55   #1544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can get the toll amounts from the NHAI site - http://tis.nhai.gov.in/. Appears to be up-to-date. Maybe add a 10% buffer.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 12:52   #1545
BHPian

It's funny that PayTM has messed this up. People getting verification calls and still facing cancelled orders, deliveries not fast enough, documents upload fails, jpg/png, etc. I must be really lucky since I had no jpg/png issue, nobody called to verify anything and yet the tag status has been active for almost a month now.

PS. I hope no PayTM guys here looking at this post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks