Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 13:57   #1546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Guys,

Equitas was super fast. I applied online, upoaded KYC docs and next day tag was in my hand for both Safari and Brio. Extremely pleased with the experience. Yet to test these on the highway though......
Thanks. I had also applied through Equitas. Initially at Kaniyur toll booth just out of Coimbatore in Salem section, they had given a number to contact. But he was not much helpful. So applied online. Just randomly selected Equitas. Have applied yesterday. The initial process was simple and quick. Asks for some information and a jpeg copy of RC, then proceeds to payment. Everything was smooth. Waiting to see how thinks work out.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th September 2017 at 10:59. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 24th September 2017, 19:05   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

My courier was picked up early yesterday at Delhi and it reached Xpressbee's Hyderabad hub this morning. That is what the tracking status shows.

From there it has reached Xpressbee's 'HYD/ BPT' this afternoon. I wonder that that means. I am now hopeful it will be delivered tomorrow.
Old 24th September 2017, 19:55   #1548
Senior - BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
From there it has reached Xpressbee's 'HYD/ BPT' this afternoon. I wonder that that means. I am now hopeful it will be delivered tomorrow.

BPT is Begumpet. If you stay close, that will be the last mile delivery point.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 21:20   #1549
BHPian

PAYTM FASTag usage

I applied for PAYTM FASTag on 18/Aug and received it on 02/Sep. Also by 03/Sep it became Active status in PAYTM Passbook display. I travelled on Friday to BLR -HYD and made return trip today. FASTag worked liked charm and while going toll staff did manual scanning at Maruru Toll plaza as their device had some issue. But other toll plazas had no issue and was able to save some time as well felt good about using it due to convenience.

While return also at one toll plaza they did manual scanning, otherwise overhead detectors detected it without problem. Just need to slow down car in the range of 1-5 Km/Hr to get it detected successfully. Also, all SMS were received without any fail except with some time delay of 10-15 mins and as of now under Manage FASTag transactions only one transaction is being shown.

Also, Bagepalli Toll charges were deducted with appropriate vehicle type and not for LCV similar to being charged for ICICI FASTag as reported by other members. I saw many trucks and buses using FASTag as compared to private cars.

Hoping that in future the FASTag usage will increase as well as save on fuel due to unnecessary idling at toll plazas where queues are huge.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th September 2017 at 11:00. Reason: edited for better readability
Old 24th September 2017, 22:56   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Re: PAYTM FASTag usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
BPT is Begumpet. If you stay close, that will be the last mile delivery point.
Thanks. I live in Somajiguda, around 3 to 4 kms away from the center of Begumpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
I applied for PAYTM FASTag on 18/Aug and received it on 02/Sep. Also by 03/Sep it became Active status in PAYTM Passbook display. I travelled on Friday to BLR -HYD and made return trip today. FASTag worked liked charm and while going toll staff did manual Also, Bagepalli Toll charges were deducted with appropriate vehicle type and not for LCV similar to being charged for ICICI FASTag as reported by other members. I saw many trucks and buses using FASTag as compared to private cars. Hoping that in future the FASTag usage will increase as well as save on fuel due to unnecessary idling at toll plazas where queues are huge.
Reassuring to know this. Let me hope Paytm Fastag experience is equally good for me and others, if not better.

My Fastag status still shows as 'Issued'. I hope it will change to 'Active' after it is delivered.
Old 25th September 2017, 08:57   #1551
BHPian

Is it just me or what? Applied through Paytm and got cancelled. I am travelling on 28th, badly need a Fastag. Going by the comments, I thought Equitas is my best bet. Applied on 22nd, yet to move to stage 2 (verification). Most people got their cards in 48 hours. My stars not aligned
Old 25th September 2017, 12:39   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Finally got my Fastag delivered an hour ago! I plan to fix it this evening. As suggested, I'll be fixing it above the driver's side of the windscreen. I don't want to place it behind the IRVM because I might go in for a dash cam later.

So to summarise, it took 14 days from the time I applied for it. However, the status still shows as 'Issued'. I am not sure how long they will take to update it to 'Active'.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 14:32   #1553
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally after another round of calling paytm customer care and resending the rc copy, the tag got activated today. Had been 2 weeks since I got the tag.

Question to paytm fastag users. I see Rs 150 from the wallet amount showing reserved for fastag. Don't see an option to add money to the fastag itself. Will it be taken from the wallet balance once the 150 that is showing as reserved is exhausted?
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 15:49   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Finally after another round of calling paytm customer care and resending the rc copy, the tag got activated today. Had been 2 weeks since I got the tag.

Question to paytm fastag users. I see Rs 150 from the wallet amount showing reserved for fastag. Don't see an option to add money to the fastag itself. Will it be taken from the wallet balance once the 150 that is showing as reserved is exhausted?
Just recharge your PAYTM Wallet with expected toll amount before start of your journey and movement of money from PAYTM wallet FASTag wallet is automatic. FASTag wallet will automatically maintain balance of Rs.150/- by transferring from PAYTM wallet. I used my PAYTM FASTag during trip last week between BLR-HYD-BLR and experienced the same. Attached below is snapshot from my PAYTM wallet.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag-wallet.jpg  

aeroamit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 17:15   #1555
BHPian

Received my Fastag through ICICI after having applied 12 days ago. My KYC documents and payment screenshots where collected by their executive via Whatsapp.

When asked why this tag issuing process is so unorganized, The executive who delivered it told me there is mad rush for the tags and ICICI is struggling to meet the orders. I guess its the same with other service providers as well.

With eminent arrival of festival times, long weekends and dreadful experience of waiting in long unruly queues, there is some serious demands in coming days for the tags and hence the delay in processing

Last edited by shenoytech : 25th September 2017 at 17:19.
Old 25th September 2017, 19:20   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonashes View Post
Is it just me or what? Applied through Paytm and got cancelled. I am travelling on 28th, badly need a Fastag. Going by the comments, I thought Equitas is my best bet. Applied on 22nd, yet to move to stage 2 (verification). Most people got their cards in 48 hours. My stars not aligned
Just got a message that my fastag is despatched from Equitas. If I get it delivered by Wednesday, am all set for my Thursday trip. Anyone who needs the tag in < 3-4 days, this is the one to go. Will post back when I lay my hands on the tag.
Old 25th September 2017, 19:57   #1557
BHPian

Received my Fastag today from Equitas; had applied on 20th Sep. The entire process is quite hassle free and quick. Would recommend Equitas over other vendors (where the TAT is ~2 weeks).
Old 25th September 2017, 20:35   #1558
Senior - BHPian

I just placed an order for a Fastag for my X1 on PayTM. No documents were asked but I was told that they will send a sms asking for a copy of the RC of the vehicle. The Tag comes in 3 days. I don't do much highway driving but taking it just in case. Also there are plans to use it for parking and in Malls.
Old 25th September 2017, 20:51   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
I called up their customer care centre and verified the same. They said they are not charging the joining fee as a special case for a few months. I have applied online today. Got a confirmation that their executive will call back in 48 hours.
Let's see how many days it takes.
Update Sep 25th:

I did not get a call back from HDFC till 21st. I called their customer care again on Sep 22nd and they gave me the contact no of G.Nagaraj (8884830900) of Sahaj in Blore to expedite the processing. Those who are interested can reach out to him.

I called him immediately and he asked me the send the documents (RC, DL, Aadhaar & PP photo) to his email id and also send screenshot of Rs.300/- payment. Even though he had over 200 cards to be issued, he said he will process it by Sep 26th.

Today, my card was activated and he delivered it to me in the evening. He asked me to stick it to the right of the rear view mirror since the left side has the factory fitted RFID. He said centre of windscreen is better compared to extreme left or right.

Let's hope all works well during my weekend long drive.
Old 26th September 2017, 10:31   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Have been using Fastag issued by SBI.

Two toll plaza on way to Salem from Ulundurpet (Veeracholapuram and Mettupatti) deducted Rs. 265 and Rs. 165 for my car last week. These charges are meant for Multi Axle trucks and Bus's. For cars, It has to be Rs. 45 at both tolls. This is the level of implementation for Fastag. We prepay and now run behind them to get refund. Have lodged a complaint with SBI Fastag Customer Care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks